global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Rental cars thru the roof if you can even find one  (Read 1729 times)

Raul67

Rental cars thru the roof if you can even find one
« on: April 29, 2021, 08:51:22 AM »
Any of you gentlemen tried to rent a car lately?

Fortunately my reservations are confirmed at a good rate for trip next month to SQD.

Here in Puerto Rico rates are climbing and often reservations are unavailable.

Also true in Florida.

Might be next fall before things settle down.

Could be using public transportation and ubers in the future. Not necessarily a bad thing but would have to adjust my game.

Jazzy2019

Re: Rental cars thru the roof if you can even find one
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 09:55:10 AM »
I always rent from the POP airport. Yesterday I attempted to make a reservation for my July trip only to find that prices are over 100% higher than my March trip. I won’t be renting a car. Cheaper to use a taxi to get around.

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

• Master of the Dark Arts
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 10:04:48 AM »
Try El Flow and or Ok Motors online for pricing. Both have free airport pickup!
Hat Trick Sith - Raw is Law!

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 10:16:38 AM »
Any of you gentlemen tried to rent a car lately?

Fortunately my reservations are confirmed at a good rate for trip next month to SQD.

Here in Puerto Rico rates are climbing and often reservations are unavailable.

Also true in Florida.

Might be next fall before things settle down.

Could be using public transportation and ubers in the future. Not necessarily a bad thing but would have to adjust my game.

I rented a car for 2 weeks recently at Orlando airport when I was visiting the USA.  They seemed to have plenty of vehicles but not as many as pre-COVID.
Sosua = (S)imps (O)r (S)uckers (U)sually (A)merican

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 09:34:58 AM »
Rented a SUV last week for 3500pesos a day!! Don't sleep on the convenience of having your own wheels!!
https://www.autoslash.com/

MrNavigator

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2021, 11:19:03 AM »
In the FREE states of the South (Florida, Texas) where everyone traveling too....rental cars are hard to get unless you reserve well in advance. Even if you do prices are up 200% or higher than normal rates before the plandemic........

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2021, 01:33:31 PM »
This company has a lot of good reviews! Give them a shot!!
https://www.carrentalpuertoplata.com/

Viva La Vega

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2021, 10:02:24 PM »
This company has a lot of good reviews! Give them a shot!!
https://www.carrentalpuertoplata.com/

These prices are good! Same as what i usually pay, but the cars i get are pretty rough. I may have to change!

Last trip, we agree that after i drop off the car, they will drop me off at STI for $60. Cool. I go to POP, buddy does the car inspection (its an old dented SUV) points out there is something new (there wasn't) but since he is my friend it's OK. To be fair, they have come to my spot to change flats, change cars if they did not have the good (or bad) one when i arrived, always good service.

So we go in, i pay, we are all organised deal is done off to STI. Nice ride, i am not driving, even better.

Get a text about three days later the windshield has a crack...

A short discussion about duty of care and i expect it has been resolved, no charges on the card... So far. 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 10:11:31 PM by Viva La Vega »

Viva La Vega

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2021, 10:10:43 PM »
In the FREE states of the South (Florida, Texas) where everyone traveling too....rental cars are hard to get unless you reserve well in advance. Even if you do prices are up 200% or higher than normal rates before the plandemic........

I agree, i felt i paid about double coming through MIA a few weeks ago. The rental companies reduced inventory over Q2-Q4 2020 and the last 3-4 months the demand for new cars nationwide has jumped and they are having a hard time getting the fleets to pre-covid levels.

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2021, 10:58:49 AM »
Hertz is "currently" giving "Free" GOLD STATUS membership to anyone that signs up!! That means free days, no counter service needed and premium discounts for their cars!!  Sign up now before they change the policy that used to make you "earn" gold status membership.
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/member/enrollment/skinnyGold/fast

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2021, 08:52:43 PM »

I agree, i felt i paid about double coming through MIA a few weeks ago. The rental companies reduced inventory over Q2-Q4 2020 and the last 3-4 months the demand for new cars nationwide has jumped and they are having a hard time getting the fleets to pre-covid levels.

I noticed prices in Florida getting back to normal.  Has anyone rented a car through Expedia?
Sosua = (S)imps (O)r (S)uckers (U)sually (A)merican

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal