global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Jet Blue To Buy Spirit Airlines  (Read 955 times)

Stones

Jet Blue To Buy Spirit Airlines
« on: July 28, 2022, 06:25:57 AM »
JetBlue Airways has announced it will purchase Spirit Airlines, a combination that would create the nation's fifth-largest airline.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/28/investing/spirit-jetblue/index.html

lazy_monger

Re: Jet Blue To Buy Spirit Airlines
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 08:55:11 AM »
I haven't flown Jet Blue in a while, but I used to enjoy their service but have been told that they have fallen off hard.  I remember flying them from JFK to POP and was very impressed but that was a long time ago.  Spirit can't get any worse.

Travelguy90

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 10:08:13 AM »
This is a pain because spirit had the 150-180 RT to Latin America regularly. JetBlue is overpriced. It’s back to Avianca, Vivaair, Frontier and other cheap options
Cheaper ways to do things, doesn’t indicate quality, or lack of

PoonTangClan

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 10:48:31 AM »
This is a pain because spirit had the 150-180 RT to Latin America regularly. JetBlue is overpriced. It’s back to Avianca, Vivaair, Frontier and other cheap options

This is why JetBlue bought them out. JetBlue was getting their lunch eaten by those cheap Spirit flights, so the buyout was designed to reduce consumer options. JetBlue is making sure that you have no cheaper flight options to turn to.

I don’t fly JetBlue or Spirit, but these mf’ers are evil when it comes to making a buck, man.

Texast

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 12:56:54 PM »

This is why JetBlue bought them out. JetBlue was getting their lunch eaten by those cheap Spirit flights, so the buyout was designed to reduce consumer options. JetBlue is making sure that you have no cheaper flight options to turn to.

I don’t fly JetBlue or Spirit, but these mf’ers are evil when it comes to making a buck, man.

I agree, i'm all for capitalism but i hope this merger is not approved. It will harm competition for the low cost latin american and carribean market.

Drox420

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 03:16:07 PM »
This sucks I like JetBlue just used them and they are 100% better than spirit with customer service and the the seats have considerably more room. Does this mean when you buy a JetBlue ticket now you could end up on a old spirit plane with tiny seats?

Travelguy90

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2022, 05:27:40 PM »
This sucks I like JetBlue just used them and they are 100% better than spirit with customer service and the the seats have considerably more room. Does this mean when you buy a JetBlue ticket now you could end up on a old spirit plane with tiny seats?

Potentially, but they likely are servicing the planes to their standards. They claimed they needed the inventory.

They still have other cheap competition but I get it. They can’t buy up all the small guys, but they made sure Frontier wasn’t getting it before them
Cheaper ways to do things, doesn’t indicate quality, or lack of

Tex1988

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2022, 07:34:39 PM »
Only things JB would need to do for Spirit planes is take a few rows out (increase leg room) and get better pilots (they handle turbulence terribly).

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2022, 07:59:49 PM »
If you can afford it fly first class i did last trip on united  one hellava difference ,, first of the plane  shit ton of leg room, before i flew on American cheap economy, no assigned seat got stuck next to the shitter  they charged me for a second nap sack  f--k that !!!!!

Jazzy2019

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2022, 08:18:54 PM »
If you can afford it fly first class i did last trip on united  one hellava difference ,, first of the plane  shit ton of leg room, before i flew on American cheap economy, no assigned seat got stuck next to the shitter  they charged me for a second nap sack  f--k that !!!!!

Never buy a basic economy seat. The $50-$60 you save isn’t worth not having an assigned seat, possibly not having overhead space left for your carryon, or the potential for being slighted. Also if the plane is oversold and nobody volunteers to switch flights the folks in the cheap seats are going to be the first to get bumped.

As to first class, if the fight is less than 4 hours I don’t think it’s worth the extra money. Get the carrier’s branded credit card. That should get you on the plane a little faster.

ToToMarauder

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2022, 10:27:04 PM »
Spirit airlines: WORST AIRLINE IN THE INDUSTRY.  case in point. missed my flight in florida coming to NYC. so, i thought it was a good idea to give them a shot as there was a flight to LGA.  approached the counter with intentions to buy a ticket and the first sentence out of the rep mouth was " what do you want ?" i was like wtf lol ghetto a$$ money hungry folks. there's absolutely nothing positive to say about those folks. i'd love to see if there's any improvement after the merger.
binary thinking at its best

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal