global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Can I book a one way?  (Read 2688 times)

Viva La Vega

Re: Can I book a one way?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2022, 04:16:20 AM »
To the OP. Yes you can book a one way trip to the Dominican Republic.

Most flights I book are one way, there is often a savings for me using different carriers, points, next destination etc. I always have an onward ticket booked as i tend to keep to a schedule. I am always requested to show proof of onward travel when checking in.

If you do not have firm plans, to avoid the hassle at the airport of having your airline refuse boarding if you can not provide proof of a return or onward ticket, and are unable to purchase one...

Buy a ticket the day of travel. Expedia allows you a full refund up to 24 hours after booking. Reservations, itineraries etc are not accepted.

Book the return ticket for the same date you enter on your e-Ticket, i would choose a date less than 30 days.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 04:28:24 AM by Viva La Vega »

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2022, 06:21:30 AM »
The DR is  more Stricter than the US as far as kinda keeping track whos coming in      As with the united States  its wide open borders  its Sneak in Blend in  i suppose its  same thing with the haitians sneaking in the  DR,

side note im an old duff has any one noticed in majors citys that english is not as common   i went for a bike ride around lets sat a mayjor park and public housing bike path  no one spoke english  ,is the USA going to be a third world country, no offence to hard working immigrants that came here legal,,,,funny how The DR looks more Democratic than the US

Tug: Please. You can't find one example of a third-world country like the Dominican Republic "kinda keeping track who's coming in." You know as well as I do that anybody with a valid passport can get into the DR anytime -- and leave whenever they want."

Do we have to bring politics into everything?

Hmmm... Been to DR lately? Stayed longer than a weekend? They do keep track of your visits.

E-Ticket puts you in the system, they know when you arrive. You need to show an E-Ticket to get on the plane, and you need to show it after immigration to clear customs.

When you leave, ask if they want to see it... They don't, they can see on the screen if you filled one out.

Leave anytime? Sure, but since they know when you arrived, and you did not extend your tourist visa (too much hassle, most wont) you are fined when you leave. $2500 for 60-90 days on a scale up to about $10-$15K.

They used to track the stamps to collect the fines, the new "third world" system they utilise is fully digital.

On this particular subject you need to convert pesos to dollars to make or not make your point.
dont speak dollars when in the DR ,Jake your Talking dollars. Sir im talking pesos,,,,,Gee the FBI looking for lost documents at margo largo go perhaps you can help them

Tex1988

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2022, 09:07:01 AM »
The DR is  more Stricter than the US as far as kinda keeping track whos coming in      As with the united States  its wide open borders  its Sneak in Blend in  i suppose its  same thing with the haitians sneaking in the  DR,

side note im an old duff has any one noticed in majors citys that english is not as common   i went for a bike ride around lets sat a mayjor park and public housing bike path  no one spoke english  ,is the USA going to be a third world country, no offence to hard working immigrants that came here legal,,,,funny how The DR looks more Democratic than the US

Tug: Please. You can't find one example of a third-world country like the Dominican Republic "kinda keeping track who's coming in." You know as well as I do that anybody with a valid passport can get into the DR anytime -- and leave whenever they want."

For an "old head" that claims to have knowledge of what's going on you certainly say alot of stupid and totally wrong stuff Stones.

As Viva said they totally keep track of your coming's and going's to and from the DR.

You get 30 days when you come and you can apply to extend up to 120 days.

https://migracion.gob.do/en/servicio/stay-extension/#:~:text=Authorize%20foreigners%20interested%20in%20prolonging,extended%20up%20to%20120%20days.

True you can stay longer and simply pay the overstay fees if you don't get the extension like you are supposed to do but if you do they also have the right to deny you entry into the DR in the future if they want to.

Technically you are also required to have a return ticket booked before you enter the DR. 
The airlines are supposed to be checking to see that you have it.  Not entirely sure how closely they are looking at it right now due to staffing issues with the airlines but certainly easy enough for them to flag your reservation and check just like they often due with your passport prior to departure.

Please stop acting like Dominican authorities are knocking on doors or performing high tech surveillance in an effort to monitor tourists. It's just a paper trail.

jd66

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2022, 09:50:12 AM »

For an "old head" that claims to have knowledge of what's going on you certainly say alot of stupid and totally wrong stuff Stones.

As Viva said they totally keep track of your coming's and going's to and from the DR.

You get 30 days when you come and you can apply to extend up to 120 days.

https://migracion.gob.do/en/servicio/stay-extension/#:~:text=Authorize%20foreigners%20interested%20in%20prolonging,extended%20up%20to%20120%20days.

True you can stay longer and simply pay the overstay fees if you don't get the extension like you are supposed to do but if you do they also have the right to deny you entry into the DR in the future if they want to.

Technically you are also required to have a return ticket booked before you enter the DR. 
The airlines are supposed to be checking to see that you have it.  Not entirely sure how closely they are looking at it right now due to staffing issues with the airlines but certainly easy enough for them to flag your reservation and check just like they often due with your passport prior to departure.

Please stop acting like Dominican authorities are knocking on doors or performing high tech surveillance in an effort to monitor tourists. It's just a paper trail.

I never said that
Stop jumping to conclusions

WT3

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2022, 02:04:46 PM »
Yes you can I've come over on way tickets a couple of times. If they give you shit about it you can always buy a one ticket back that can be canceled and you get your refund.

JakefromStateFarm

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2022, 04:21:36 PM »

Hmmm... Been to DR lately? Stayed longer than a weekend? They do keep track of your visits.

E-Ticket puts you in the system, they know when you arrive. You need to show an E-Ticket to get on the plane, and you need to show it after immigration to clear customs.

When you leave, ask if they want to see it... They don't, they can see on the screen if you filled one out.

Leave anytime? Sure, but since they know when you arrived, and you did not extend your tourist visa (too much hassle, most wont) you are fined when you leave. $2500 for 60-90 days on a scale up to about $10-$15K.

They used to track the stamps to collect the fines, the new "third world" system they utilise is fully digital.

On this particular subject you need to convert pesos to dollars to make or not make your point.
dont speak dollars when in the DR ,Jake your Talking dollars. Sir im talking pesos,,,,,Gee the FBI looking for lost documents at margo largo go perhaps you can help them
"Looking" for "Lost" documents. They werent lost....the Orange Man took them and refused to return them.

Jazzy2019

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2022, 05:00:55 PM »

"Looking" for "Lost" documents. They werent lost....the Orange Man took them and refused to return them.

And almost every time he opens his mouth lately he admits to being guilty yet his minions refuse to believe what he’s telling them. The shit has crossed over into pure drink the kool-aide cultish behavior.

Stones

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2022, 05:05:02 PM »
Really is fun when trolls f--k with you.

PoonTangClan

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2022, 06:09:02 PM »

More troll-level bullshit and outright lies. 🤦🏾‍♂️

This FBI investigation is going to fall apart just like the Trump-Russia hoax (remember that one)? Probably not. Dudes have memories like goldfish. 😂

The POTUS has the power to classify and declassify documents. That’s number one. Number two, Trump’s team was in regular contact with government authorities providing them with everything they asked BEFORE the unprecedented and unjustified raid. The FBI even asked Trump’s team months ago to put an extra lock on his document storage room, lol. 🤯 Does ANY of this sound like the actions of someone engaged in “criminal” document activity? 🥴😂 GTFOH.

What Democrats and President Brandon’s team are trying to do here, is find some way to disqualify a political opponent that they CANNOT defeat without voting manipulation. (They’re gonna have a hard time f--king with the vote again via ballot harvesting, dominion voting machines, unverified and altered mail-in ballots, etc), because more people are paying attention this time.

Even if they find some way to disqualify Trump (which is highly unlikely) Ron DeSantis is Trump 2.0. What are ya’ll gonna do about him? 😆

Short of some miracle, the liberal fools running us into a recession, raising taxes, and paving the way for more men to shower in women’s locker rooms, are going to lose the 2024 election in a landslide.

I’m not speaking any further on this. My goal here is not to derail this thread, but please stop talking bullshit. You’re not fooling anyone. ✌🏾

JakefromStateFarm

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2022, 07:27:29 PM »
Poon.....you dumber than a box-o-rocks, bro.

Jazzy2019

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2022, 08:16:09 PM »

He’s not dumb. He’s simply suffering from Fox News brain rot. I’ve been checking them out trying to get a read on how the other side thinks. They tend to tell only half the story over there. Watch them for a couple hours and it becomes obvious why a segment of the country is operating in an information deficit and believing wild ass conspiracy bullshit.

PoonTangClan

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2022, 08:51:07 PM »

He’s not dumb. He’s simply suffering from Fox News brain rot. I’ve been checking them out trying to get a read on how the other side thinks. They tend to tell only half the story over there. Watch them for a couple hours and it becomes obvious why a segment of the country is operating in an information deficit and believing wild ass conspiracy bullshit.

When this whole FBI classified document “scandal” falls apart (like the Trump-Russia hoax), I want you to dedicate an apology thread post to me, because I’m certain that’s where the facts are going to lead us. Smh. 😆

Jazzy2019

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2022, 08:59:40 PM »

When this whole FBI classified document “scandal” falls apart (like the Trump-Russia hoax), I want you to dedicate an apology thread post to me, because I’m certain that’s where the facts are going to lead us. Smh. 😆

If this turns out to be all about nothing I got no problem admitting I was wrong. The question is will you be willing to do the same or will you default to the FBI is a corrupt organization.

PoonTangClan

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2022, 11:31:34 PM »

If this turns out to be all about nothing I got no problem admitting I was wrong. The question is will you be willing to do the same or will you default to the FBI is a corrupt organization.

Lol. We’ll see about that.

Of course I’ll apologize if I’m wrong. I have no problem calling a spade a spade.

Natilyfe

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2022, 08:26:46 PM »
I buy one way tickets to DR all the time. They care more about tourism money than visa laws. The fines for overstaying are low so its basically a win win win for them.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal