global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Walk-in hotel at Su?  (Read 1081 times)

cjon1979

Walk-in hotel at Su?
« on: August 02, 2023, 01:40:26 PM »
Does any hotel accept walk-in? cash? is that good idea?

PoonTangClan

Re: Walk-in hotel at Su?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 01:50:15 PM »

Not any hotel that any reasonable person would even want to stay at. 😆

jd66

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 02:01:21 PM »
Every hotel in Sosua will take cash and most prefer it.

As far as walking in without a reservation that really depends on when you will be there.

If you are going during low season during the week then pretty good chance you will find some place that has rooms and any place that has open rooms will be more than happy to rent one to you.

On the weekend that might not necessarily be the case as many places fill up and you could end up sol.

So if you have a preferred place you would like to stay at best to make a reservation with them

The only time I ever pay a hotel in the DR on a credit card is if I am reserving through something like hotels.com.  That way no one at the hotel ever has access to my credit card.

2Up

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2023, 01:32:48 AM »
First trip I booked a room on booking.com.  All other trips I book the room with the owner / pay cash.  Every place I have stayed at take cash with no issues.  Booking with no reservation is possible.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 01:35:03 AM by 2Up »

Al NYC

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2023, 06:24:28 AM »

Just about every (monger friendly) hotel accepts walk-in, as long there’s vacancy(room available). And they all accept cash. Most would prefer it.

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2023, 08:09:22 AM »
Case in point some of the 2 star hotels will take cash and have room, just spoke with my semi pro and her hotel was empty this week Sosua Suits on DR rosen basic cot and crapper smash pad,,  close to the Action   ! cash gladly Acepted !

WT3

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2023, 06:37:30 AM »
As others have said just about all the hotel will take cash your only problem will be if they have a room when you try to walk in.

stinqu

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2023, 06:12:37 PM »
Case in point some of the 2 star hotels will take cash and have room, just spoke with my semi pro and her hotel was empty this week Sosua Suits on DR rosen basic cot and crapper smash pad,,  close to the Action   ! cash gladly Acepted !
Tug got pics from a Haitian chica, 2021, Casa Marina, her and a friend, "working the place". I'm sure they were freezing with those MICRO bikinies on at the pool,LOL

danceelite0

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2023, 11:58:34 AM »
I booked thru booking.com for Super Bowl week at Hill Top.  I got confirmed and a week later I call Hill Top just to get some on the ground confirmation. I was told they were not sure and to contact the owner of the condo.  Long story short, dude owns 15 units at Hill Top,  and he doesn’t use Booking.com, his 15 units were sold out 3 months ago. I am a 20 Sosua vet,  never book thru those web sites even if you get a legit reservation you are going to be paying more significantly more, than you would if you contacted the hotel directly.  It is very rare that a hotel in sosua that charges a deposit for a room reservation, and all them prefer cash.

jd66

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2023, 12:19:40 PM »
I booked thru booking.com for Super Bowl week at Hill Top.  I got confirmed and a week later I call Hill Top just to get some on the ground confirmation. I was told they were not sure and to contact the owner of the condo.  Long story short, dude owns 15 units at Hill Top,  and he doesn’t use Booking.com, his 15 units were sold out 3 months ago. I am a 20 Sosua vet,  never book thru those web sites even if you get a legit reservation you are going to be paying more significantly more, than you would if you contacted the hotel directly.  It is very rare that a hotel in sosua that charges a deposit for a room reservation, and all them prefer cash.

Not at this particular location but another trick I use routinely is to get the price from the booking site and then contact the hotel directly to see if they will beat the price if I pay them in cash.   Almost every time they are able to since they are paying fees to those booking sites and they can often pass that discount along to you instead.  Now it does depend on when you are traveling and the demand at the hotel as well

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2023, 12:32:12 PM »
You got that right, im having a hellava time finding a places close to the action starting December 30th,most spot are full....monthly rentals not much to choose from,, place across from the anvhee has one small apartment Europa has one tiny studio for 500 usd and thats only for 15 days,, other spot avaible but further out, your gonna need a car or moto,,,,So Sosua is not dead by any means !

jd66

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2023, 12:40:38 PM »
It's high season and most of the longer term stuff is snapped up by the snow birds

stinqu

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2024, 05:12:22 PM »
Many people that go every winter re-book almost the day they land for the next year. Make some contacts with property managers, if one hasn't an opening they will refer you to some one that might. They all try to help each other make that commission.

Sthubbins

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2024, 12:18:43 PM »
I did a walk-in last weekend. Most of the favorites were booked but I ended up at the Seabreeze for the first time which I thought was pretty good and paid in cash, no ID required. They showed me a few for cheaper but I picked largest room #23 for $ cien. It was in the back next to the pool, quiet, nice oversized room with king bed, everything clean was functional and reasonably new. There was a welcome basket on the bed with two condoms to get started, some lube and a hand towel para limpiar la leche despues which I thought was a classy touch!   8) n

stinqu

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2024, 05:15:51 PM »
I did a walk-in last weekend. Most of the favorites were booked but I ended up at the Seabreeze for the first time which I thought was pretty good and paid in cash, no ID required. They showed me a few for cheaper but I picked largest room #23 for $ cien. It was in the back next to the pool, quiet, nice oversized room with king bed, everything clean was functional and reasonably new. There was a welcome basket on the bed with two condoms to get started, some lube and a hand towel para limpiar la leche despues which I thought was a classy touch!   8) n
Hello Sthubbins, I just what to ask, did you keep the phone# of the  Sea Breeze? Just booked a place for a month, but my flight connect required me to arrive a day early, so I need a place for the night.Any help would be great, thanks.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal