global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Moving to DR & Want to Start A Business  (Read 14400 times)

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

• Master of the Dark Arts
Re: Moving to DR & Want to Start A Business
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2019, 06:14:22 PM »
Shit, I'm really to open a Financial Planner Office that caters to chicas and their "support systems."
Hat Trick Sith - Raw is Law!

Heyduke

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2019, 08:35:39 PM »
A private detective firm that specializes in helping mongers find out if their WU chica is still on the street or not.

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2019, 08:48:09 PM »
A private detective firm that specializes in helping mongers find out if their WU chica is still on the street or not.

I won't believe it/pay unless you have 30 minutes of video footage for me of her taking nutt in all 3 holes!!

Fuentes

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2019, 03:03:28 PM »
OK, class is in session.

The title is "Moving to DR & Want to Start A Business."

No. 1, if you are an African-American male, born and raised in the USA, forget about it.
No. 2, if you are a White American male, born and raised in the USA, forget about it -- unless you have been greasing palms for years.

I say this with all respect to entrepreneurs like Big D's Barbecue, Mike's Apartments and Bourbon Street. The powers at be in the DR will let you roll into town and start a little something, but achieving true growth and scale is damn near impossible without greasing the right palms. And I'm talking heavy grease.

Basically, it's like this: If you're not from the D.R., you're not going to build a really big business down there unless you help the right Dominicans make it rain too. But if you want to open a small mom-and-pop -- yeah, that's possible. But a real, thriving business? No.

Example: A lot of people on this board know that Blackbeard's has been for sale for years. The owner is a white American who lives in South Florida and is in very poor health. The first thing he did when he took over BB was shake all the right hands -- and the DR power brokers have never f--ked with him one time. Not once. When word first spread that BB was for sale, several "brothers" in the USA strip club scene inquired. The word back was "forget about it."

Here's the deal: Dominicans prefer doing business with Dominicans. It's that simple. Not trying to be harsh, but it is what it is. If you want to move to the DR and start a business, set your sites on running a small mom and pop that's off the radar. If you can clear $3,000 to $5,000 US every month for yourself -- then you will live like a f--king king.

My jaw dropped when Big D told me that once. He said three or four grand a month gets you a nice place in Puerto Plata, a good used car that you rent -- and more pussy than you can get to. But just don't get much bigger than that unless you have greased the right palms.

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2019, 03:12:25 PM »
Brother, why do you feel the need to tell others not to do something. Don't try. Don't think about it. Why would you want to stifle, quench and dissuade people from attempting to succeed. The earth is not flat. And thanks to people that dared to do what others told, begged or cajoled them not to do...we know it. I would rather you used your intellect, wisdom and influence to challenge others to step out of their comfort zone and create the ability for growth.

Fuentes

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2019, 03:20:03 PM »
Papi,

When I talk about the pitfalls of investing in the DR as an American, I am talking real shit. Not pie-in-the-sky. Now I'm talking about a larger business. If someone just wants to be an under-the-radar, solo entrepreneur, then go for it. No one is going to mess with you.

And if they do want to operate under the radar, Papi, then they should retain you as their guide. I'm serious. Am I right?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 03:24:47 PM by PartagasPartagas »

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2019, 03:32:16 PM »
Papi,

When I talk about the pitfalls of investing in the DR as an American, I am talking real shit. Not pie-in-the-sky. Now I'm talking about a larger business. If someone just wants to be an under-the-radar, solo entrepreneur, then go for it. No one is going to mess with you.

And if they do want to operate under the radar, Papi, then they should retain you as their guide. I'm serious. Am I right?

It's not about me. It's about encouraging people that are interested in starting a major franchise. It's about people interested in furthering their own business concepts for growth in the DR and anyone considering the purchase of a business poised for expansion.  Do you really think investing, creating an incredible business, or developing partnerships with other expats is "pie in the sky?" Or are you just a negative person that hides the one "talent" he has been blessed with in life?

RebeliousSpirit

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2019, 03:45:26 PM »
I think he’s just being realistic, Papi. Doing business in the DR is nothing like the US. It is a highly corrupt country with questionable (at best) rule of law.

I think Fuente/Partagas is spot on. Anything bigger than a mom and pop, you have to grease palms.

The problem with greasing those palms...you could be violating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act in the US, and could get banged up by the US DOJ. As a mom and pop you might not get caught (small fish), but if you scale, you could be facing legal problems in the US for bribing foreign officials to further your business interests.

I’d hate to see someone who doesn’t know what they’re doing lose a significant amount of capital in an ill-advised investment.

Fuentes

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2019, 03:46:29 PM »
Papi, actually, many business ventures are pie-in-the-sky. I firmly believe that. I have seen several people cash out their entire retirement to chase a dream that was too big for them -- and end up broke when it all went bust. That's why I say moving to the DR and starting a business is not for everyone.

I said that and I stand by it.

On the other hand, I encourage people who have a good idea and want to chase that dream in the Dominican Republic to do so. But it is absolutely essential for them to know what they are getting into, because the political machinery in the DR is so powerful that that the government can shut anyone down in a heartbeat.

And that's for real.

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2019, 04:25:42 PM »
And what qualifies  you to decide who's idea is good or bad? Who you're going to encourage, and who isn't capable. And you got the white man backing you up as though there needs to be a gate for those deemed worthy of matching your business acumen for approval.Which is what, I wonder?GTFOHWTB! Either show support to those out to better themselves or STFU and leave them to grow.

crazy_canuck

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2019, 04:34:01 PM »
And what qualifies  you to decide who's idea is good or bad? Who you're going to encourage, and who isn't capable. And you got the white man backing you up as though there needs to be a gate for those deemed worthy of matching your business acumen for approval.Which is what, I wonder?GTFOHWTB! Either show support to those out to better themselves or STFU and leave them to grow.

Are you drinking papi?
Why bother with life?
Nobody has ever come out alive.

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2019, 04:52:41 PM »
Why? Are you looking for something to discredit me with?

RebeliousSpirit

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2019, 04:54:01 PM »
Better yourself and grow in the USA. Which you know and understand. Where there is rule of law and a level playing field (as much as there can be anywhere in the world).

I wouldn’t touch the DR without a SERIOUS Dominican lawyer, a SERIOUS Dominican accountant, a SERIOUS Dominican backer/partner, and a SERIOUS Dominican fixer. People with REAL clout and REAL experience in Dominican business and government. Not some Sosua rat or expat or dreamer.

Fuentes

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2019, 04:55:02 PM »

Papi, I have no idea what you're trying to say. Who is this "white man" you are talking about?

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2019, 05:14:07 PM »

Papi, I have no idea what you're trying to say. Who is this "white man" you are talking about?
Then step out the way. Some will shoot down their own ideas. They don't need you or anyone to do that for them. Others benefit with knowing future clients are accepting of their business venture.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal