global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Car rental insurance  (Read 2313 times)

Raul67

Car rental insurance
« on: December 22, 2020, 06:22:09 PM »
Lots of conflicting information on using your premium credit card for rental car insurance in the DR. After 5 rentals of long duration you can do so. The rental agencies now provide you with a form to sign so in the last couple of years the practice has become customary for seasoned travelers. Prior to that it was an argument with the rental car agent. However, your cc does not cover liability and not only should you have it, but most rental agencies require it. I’ve been paying about $9 per day for liability. Total per day last trip was $32.00. Also, I’ve rented at airports in Punta Cana, Santo Domingo, and Santiago. We don’t have direct flights to POP so my experiences may not be applicable locally.

In October, the battery died on a car I rented in SD. Fortunately I had rented from a major company. The car was replaced by their office at POP. Just imagine renting from a mom and pop company and having car trouble many miles away.

OK Motors has a great reputation but I’ve never rented from them. If you are staying within the local area, I’m sure they would be fine.

Another thing I’ve noticed is overall renting a car has become more customer friendly. They no longer hassle you about lots of expensive insurance.

The worst company to rent from been Sixt in Punta Cana. They won’t answer phones and are highly unethical.

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

• Master of the Dark Arts
Re: Car rental insurance
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 07:34:07 PM »
Europacar in sdq gets the thumbs down as well. National in sti is consistently great. No insurance hassles or requestsif you use one of those top tier cards that covers your vehicle. Eventhough they dont in the small print for the DR. Haha  Also, Okmotors in Sosua is also great for the 8bucks covers everything, just bring back the bumper insurance. I have been noticing more tourists are renting cars now. The lines to rent are longer and hotel parking is getting scarce. I used to be happy about driving slow on empty Dominican roads, but now those same roads aren't as empty anymore.  Oh well... progress!
Hat Trick Sith - Raw is Law!

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 06:26:09 AM »
For sure try driving through  portou platta during rush hour. Donimican  driving skills a must baptizim by fire !

Raul67

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 07:38:22 PM »
True. Try driving in Rome or Madrid. Most of us probably shouldn’t drive in the DR.

JACOSTA

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 07:25:07 AM »
if you guys do not want to Drive around sosua and then commit an accident and pay more, theres always Drivers willing to get paid for providing you Ride services guys,

If you need someone to hook you up DM me on IG @JendryAcosta

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

• Master of the Dark Arts
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 09:22:13 AM »
if you guys do not want to Drive around sosua and then commit an accident and pay more, theres always Drivers willing to get paid for providing you Ride services guys,

If you need someone to hook you up DM me on IG @JendryAcosta

Damn, I can't believe Jendry is on this forum.  The future is now.
Hat Trick Sith - Raw is Law!

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal