global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: taking the rent a car plunge  (Read 1980 times)

Captainsaveahoe

Re: taking the rent a car plunge
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2021, 03:38:08 PM »
I’ve driven there before.  One of my regulars cars.  This was my first time renting on my own.  I’m from NYC so I’m use to crazy drivers, but DR is on another level with all the moto’s and crazy shit.  My advice if you are doing a road trip to Santo Domingo or Santiago go early and be the only one on the road.  Take your time. Let the Moto go.  Don’t be aggressive, just let them go by you. My concern about driving in DR was always the language barrier if anything happened.  Driving in Sosua is a breeze compared to SD.  I’m not sure what the curfew situation in Sosua is, but I drove from playa Chiquita to Sosua inn at all hours of the night with no problem.

bangoskank

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2021, 08:40:58 PM »
I always walk around and take a video of the car when I pick it up. I had one instance where they tried to say I damaged the car. I pulled out my phone and showed them the video and said, “Remember when i took this?” After that they said it’s OK.

billygoatee

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2022, 10:14:54 AM »
Based on recommendations here I rented a car for a week from OK Motors and had a good experience.

Yes, their cars are older but at the same time they won't nickel and dime you for imagined damages. I took initially 1 car but after a day I swapped it for another because of air condition problems. Everything was done gladly with a smile.

So thanks group for the recommendation. Oh they picked me up/dropped off at POP airport included in the rental price.

Dothedamthing

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2022, 05:06:44 PM »
Glad everything worked out for you. Driving is not so bad as long as you take your time and pay attention.
If you can't change the outcome of a situation then don't worry about it.

stinqu

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2022, 05:06:31 PM »
I guess the the name says it all there just "OK" .Glad it worked out, never had the never to drive in DR. Even guys I know who live there never drive a night.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal