global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: POP Airport Closed May 9th-May 20th  (Read 3872 times)

jd66

Re: POP Airport Closed May 9th-May 20th
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2022, 09:40:24 AM »
Amazing how I posted this Info and another Video with BS gets posted

https://youtu.be/K4JOsF2gv6Q

Your about a month late to the party.
Nice try though and thanks for keeping us updated on old news.

Brickholder

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2022, 02:54:49 PM »
Out of all these vets, I would assume that someone has a reliable taxi guy that they just hit up and can chauffeur them around anywhere. Someone has to have that relationship built.

No Stress

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2022, 09:46:07 PM »
I put this up on another thread... -But the Will & Chris Rock thread bumped it out the frame lol

Any one ever use this company?

https://dsrrbusrental.com/producto/private-transfer

I was quoted $149 USD from STI to the Su, and the Su to STI. Round trip. It was $76 one way. Which is the cheapest I've seen it.
Modify message

I would just as soon take a taxi on my own. A quick ride over the mountain and you are at your door.

You don't know getting into this van if there will be a couple of families getting dropped off at Ocean World and Playa Grande. Taking the long way round through Puerto Plata and a couple of stops to unload folks could add an extra hour and you are jammed up in a mini van maybe wearing a mask with who knows who from who knows where.

Not sure I agree with "quick ride over the mountain" hahah I did that ride last month when my flight got delayed until midnight. NEVER again! Cost me $150 USD and the road had so many curves I felt like I was carsick. If I can't fly into the Su...I"m not going. Lol

NS

Viva La Vega

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2022, 09:57:48 PM »
I put this up on another thread... -But the Will & Chris Rock thread bumped it out the frame lol

I was quoted $149 USD from STI to the Su, and the Su to STI. Round trip. It was $76 one way. Which is the cheapest I've seen it.
Modify message

I would just as soon take a taxi on my own. A quick ride over the mountain and you are at your door.

You don't know getting into this van if there will be a couple of families getting dropped off at Ocean World and Playa Grande. Taking the long way round through Puerto Plata and a couple of stops to unload folks could add an extra hour and you are jammed up in a mini van maybe wearing a mask with who knows who from who knows where.

Not sure I agree with "quick ride over the mountain" hahah I did that ride last month when my flight got delayed until midnight. NEVER again! Cost me $150 USD and the road had so many curves I felt like I was carsick. If I can't fly into the Su...I"m not going. Lol

NS

I spent a lot of my life in the mountains, country folk and city slickers will find there are way too many curves on that road!

Shame you had to do it at night, some nice views up there.

POP really is the best airport to use.

Brickholder

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2022, 01:20:53 PM »

Modify message

NS

Is the drive really that bad? I thought it may be an opportunity to see parts of the country one hasn’t been to outside that Sosua bubble.

Viva La Vega

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2022, 02:46:26 PM »

Modify message

NS

Is the drive really that bad? I thought it may be an opportunity to see parts of the country one hasn’t been to outside that Sosua bubble.

It is newly paved the entire way with good drainage. There are lots of places to pull over for pics, you pass through some villages where there are speed bumps to slow you down, and there are several zones with passing lanes so you can get by the slow moving trucks.

But... It is a very winding mountain road, the elevation change I am sure is somewhere between 2000-2500 feet, maybe more. Driving? Fun! Third row seat in a stinky mini van? Not so much.

Henny White

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2022, 02:59:36 PM »

Modify message

NS

It is newly paved the entire way with good drainage. There are lots of places to pull over for pics, you pass through some villages where there are speed bumps to slow you down, and there are several zones with passing lanes so you can get by the slow moving trucks.

But... It is a very winding mountain road, the elevation change I am sure is somewhere between 2000-2500 feet, maybe more. Driving? Fun! Third row seat in a stinky mini van? Not so much.

I personally love the drive through the mountains. However, the ride isn't for everyone lol. If you get car sick, motion sick or any of that. I would say stay away from it. Several people I've drove that ride with got a little car sick. I once did the ride with 9 people and two mini vans. Literally half the crew was complaining about stomach cramps N sh-t lol.

Jazzy2019

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2022, 04:13:31 PM »
Taking the mountain road during the day in a car with a driving biased suspension and good steering feel can be a blast. Unfortunately most of the cars available for rent don’t meet the criteria.

Mr Back Shot

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2022, 05:42:14 PM »
Taking the mountain road during the day in a car with a driving biased suspension and good steering feel can be a blast. Unfortunately most of the cars available for rent don’t meet the criteria.

During the day, I guess, but definitely not at night ! Motos 3 wide in lanes in opposite lane with no lights, people walking in the street, motos popping out of nowhere, cars parked halfway in lanes. Add to that many hairpin turns and with mofos tailgating you will get road rage quick.

Jazzy2019

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2022, 05:58:01 PM »

During the day, I guess, but definitely not at night ! Motos 3 wide in lanes in opposite lane with no lights, people walking in the street, motos popping out of nowhere, cars parked halfway in lanes. Add to that many hairpin turns and with mofos tailgating you will get road rage quick.

At night I take the main highway. Other than folks refusing to turn off their high beams it’s not a bad drive.

lazy_monger

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2022, 12:35:17 PM »
I drove death mountain at night.  Wouldn't recommend it. 

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2022, 04:09:57 PM »

Modify message

NS

Better if you have 2 chicas with you,, My last trip did a shopping trip with 2 chicas. my chicas friend had a car ,took us to santiago fun ride ! yup lts a lot  of curves daytime .She was a safe driver,, only one accident observed  car on top of a guard rail  haha !

Brickholder

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2022, 10:34:43 AM »
Let your WhatsApp ladies know that the POP airport closure isn’t stopping a thing. Plenty of folks appear to plan on still flying in and making away.

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2022, 03:31:10 PM »
Yup if your going to STI  probably extra Traffic coming to Sosua with the Bridge Out !!!

Al NYC

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2022, 12:24:56 PM »
Yup if your going to STI  probably extra Traffic coming to Sosua with the Bridge Out !!!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing with the bridge being out. I guess you’ll might wanna add more time when departing Sosua to STI??

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal