global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Bus from and to Santo Domingo  (Read 2124 times)

Ted68

Re: Bus from and to Santo Domingo
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2022, 11:13:48 PM »
If the bus makes a stop make sure the driver knows you got off the bus to use the bathroom. I got left once. Turned out OK though. The bus had only traveled a few blocks and the manager inside the station walked me there.
Lol yeah absolutely.

Ted68

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2022, 11:16:33 PM »
Hi

First timer here. I'll be in Santo Domingo next month and I'm thinking of a few days in Sosua. Can anyone give any advice on securing a spot on one of the buses? In particular...

1. EDITED - found my answer to this on the forum

2. The website doesn't give return options (Sosua to Santo Domingo), is there roughly a similar timetable? Or somewhere else I should be looking for a return bus trip?

Thanks. Sorry for the newb question. This trip is pretty last minute so I've been focussing on finding flights and accommodation, and learning about the chicas. I assumed booking a bus would be the easy part!

I personally used Metro my last two trips from the capital to Sosua and besides the bus breaking down on the way back to Santo Domingo, no big issues. They eventually sent another bus within the hour. Keep in mind that some buses don't have restrooms so you may have to jump out in Puerto Plata or Santiago. If you have a battery pack that's also handy as the charging ports on the buses are few and it requires a cigarette plug adapter. But for ten bucks not bad. It is a chance to see some scenery and go through some small towns.

What buses don’t have restroom?? Metro?? Cause Since 2015 I’ve traveled from Santo Domingo to Sosua using Caribe Tour buses and all of them have a toilet in the back.

Al NYC yes some Metro buses don't have a restroom. I have never been on Caribe yet.

Ted68

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2022, 11:22:51 PM »
Caribe buses have restrooms. They also run basically EVERY hour. Metro only runs like 4-5 times a day and you better not miss it cuz you'll be waiting another 3-4 hours for the next one.....

I'm definitely going to try Caribe next trip.

Stones

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2022, 02:47:06 PM »
The advantage of Metro is that the bus stop in Sosua is within walking distance of a lot of the hotels. If you take Caribe you'll have to take a taxi from the Caribe bus stop to your hotel.

MrNavigator

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2022, 07:57:39 AM »
The advantage of Metro is that the bus stop in Sosua is within walking distance of a lot of the hotels. If you take Caribe you'll have to take a taxi from the Caribe bus stop to your hotel.

You make it seem to these newbies like it's hard to do. When you get off the bus it will be 5-10 cabbies waiting for you. It's will cost 300 pesos or $5 to get you and all your luggage to your hotel and it will no longer than a 5-10 minute ride!

It's not worth waiting 3-4 hours for a metro bus if a Caribe one is ready to go. Besides, even when i got off at Metro in the past I still caught a taxi for the same 300 pesos. Nothing worse than having to lug all you baggage thru town for blocks in front of everybody sweating to death IN THE HOT SUN!

When I did get dropped off

crazy_canuck

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2022, 09:59:16 AM »

You make it seem to these newbies like it's hard to do. When you get off the bus it will be 5-10 cabbies waiting for you. It's will cost 300 pesos or $5 to get you and all your luggage to your hotel and it will no longer than a 5-10 minute ride!

It's not worth waiting 3-4 hours for a metro bus if a Caribe one is ready to go. Besides, even when i got off at Metro in the past I still caught a taxi for the same 300 pesos. Nothing worse than having to lug all you baggage thru town for blocks in front of everybody sweating to death IN THE HOT SUN!

When I did get dropped off

For once Mr nav is right ... metro has the advantage only if you are staying at Las Palmeras ... if you stay in Sosua Inn, for example, you'll have to walk a good 10 minutes under the hot sun with your luggage on sketchy sidewalks ... more if you are staying at Plaza Europa.
Metro is cheaper but Caribe tours has more than twice the departures and buses have restrooms.
Why bother with life?
Nobody has ever come out alive.

Stones

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2022, 01:42:35 PM »
Um, I don't tell people what to do. I just share information. It's up to the traveler to decide what's best for him. A guy with golf clubs and two suitcases is going to need a cab when he gets off the bus in Sosua, whether it's the Metro Bus or Caribe. Another guy in good shape with just a backpack can easily walk from the Metro Station to the leading hotels on or near the strip.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 01:52:10 PM by Stones »

jazzieshane

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2022, 02:33:16 PM »
The times posted in the bus station or on the website are sometimes off.  I just left the SU for Sanitago and the website said 11:20, but the bus left at 11.  Also, stop that cab, travel light and hop on a moto--50 pesos. SMH.

crazy_canuck

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2022, 04:40:41 PM »
The times posted in the bus station or on the website are sometimes off.  I just left the SU for Sanitago and the website said 11:20, but the bus left at 11.  Also, stop that cab, travel light and hop on a moto--50 pesos. SMH.

They do that if the bus is full before the scheduled departure time. Why wait another 20 minutes if the bus can't hold more passengers?
Why bother with life?
Nobody has ever come out alive.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal