global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Mototaxi's (Motoconchos)  (Read 43861 times)

SosuaSam

• Administrator
Mototaxi's (Motoconchos)
« on: August 08, 2011, 06:18:52 PM »
Mototaxi's are a convenient and cheap way to get around though most places in Sosua are walkable and I think we all could use the exercise. The safety factor is your decision to make. They do not drive crazy when they have a customer riding with them from my experience. Agreeing on a price beforehand is best (just like with the chicas). DO NOT ride a mototaxi at night if he does not have full lights front and rear. Tell the guy why you won't ride with him and get one that has full lighting. Some streets here are very dark at night.

kquash1@yahoo.com

Re: Mototaxi's (Motoconchos)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 11:25:32 PM »
Motoconchos....... yall know these dudes don't have insurance... if you crash while riding on the back of them its your ass and you know it...

My man told me he saw a dude catching a ride to the airport with all his luggage on a motocoach!!!

SosuaSam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 12:15:37 PM »
That may have been my friend Albert. I have seen them carry 4 generations of a family. I have seen them carry small washer/dryer units.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 12:41:26 PM by SosuaSam »

Barrio Lover

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 10:27:01 AM »
You could not pay me to ride with these guys. I see them driving crazy with people on the back all the time. I would not ride day or night!

yonose

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 03:14:42 PM »
Anywhere is Sosua is within walking distance but at night sometimes it is safer to use motoconchos for safety reasons.  Pick an older guy, tell him to drive tranquilo and all should be good.  Do not buy drius from these guys, they may be setting you up to turn you in to the cops for a percentage off the shakedown proceeds.

Tluv69

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 01:50:59 AM »
Ck out my dude Fabio, his ingles is limited but he's cool and honest .....
809-876-6824 / 829-616-0775 ? Can't remember which one but knowing him they both work ....

ccontraction

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 04:39:43 AM »
I use motochonchos all the time...These guys are trying to make a living as well...They do not drive crazy, it is a form of transportation, you will not get one that drives crazy...Every last one of them that drives me have driven with respect...We sometimes think to deep!...The Dominicans use them and we should as well...Damn it does not cost nothing out of your pocket...Why would you not use this form of transportation when you see the chicas use them a thousand times!...Insurance lol c'mon, I've been going to Dominican for 6 years and do not even give it a 2nd thought!

Mr Pink

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 07:42:03 PM »
I fell over a few and its not fun.

Shaba1

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 03:12:03 PM »
I have been told by guys that have been riding all kinds of motorcycles here in the states that they would NEVER get on the back of a motochocho. I much prefer the Filipino trike ( https://www.google.com/search?q=Filipina+trike&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=OdYYU8SuJJG6oQS5gYGwDQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg&biw=1224&bih=359) I rode in them all the time and felt safe all the time. I was there for 4 years on and off and only had to tell a trike driver to slow down one time.

MathMajor

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 04:27:59 PM »
No way....I rather rent a car.

$120-$160 total for 4 days is worth my peace of mind and freedom to go when I please.

jstarebel

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 05:29:21 PM »
The motos carry three bales of Tobago each from santiago to puerto plata back and forth during harvest. I've seen two guys on a moto carrying a 3/4 size refrigerator. I think we've all seen them carrying full size bottles of propane..

In Sosua, I agree that it's safer to walk, but I always have a 50 peso note stashed in my watch pocket just in case I want to leave Rumbas or DLatins in a hurry for any reason. Hop a moto flash the note and say " vamos ahora" and your gone. I use motos exclusively in POP to do shopping, banking, or to take me wherever I want to go. Cheap transportation and I'm comfortable using a motoconcho.

In Samana, the motos have a two person cart hooked up to the moto. It's pretty cool..I've not seen this used in any other city in the DR.

Shaba1

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 06:04:10 PM »
In Samana, the motos have a two person cart hooked up to the moto. It's pretty cool..I've not seen this used in any other city in the DR.

Now that is what I am talking about. That sounds like a Filipino "trike" which I road all over Angeles City and Olongapo when I was there. I spoke the language, but I pretended I did not understand so I could always tell when someone was cheating me. I also made friends with the girls, even the ones I did not intend to sleep with(REALLY GOOD TIP RIGHT THERE) so they would watch out for me. And would always get the trike drivers that they KNEW would not cheat me or rip me off.

Actually I had one situation  where 5 bar girls ( none of which I had screwed or intended to screw) saved me from getting brained in the head with a Coke Bottle wielded by another girl from another bar. They rushed out of the bar like a SWAT team and jumped on the coke bottle wielder like white on rice. The beat the shit out of her will I just stood around and watched.

Srhottie

• Cool Cat from the UK ;-}
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2014, 05:48:00 PM »
Personally and out of dominican feedback here the story is that Motoconchos are NOT safe, considering that the driver and the passenger dont even need to wear a helmet ...but hey that is just me !

From a dominican perspective the majority do not like motoconchos but they are fast and they are what the dominican person will state " a bad nessecity" in order to get faster to work etc etc

If you are on holidays here ...its just not worth it considering how bad drivers are here and dont respect the signs, speed etc , one thing is veing involved in a taxi crash ( more protection ) than a bike where a helmet is not even a requirement..i wont f--k up my life in an accident over a saving of $10 dolars but then again just my own opinion

“Where’s your will to be weird?”
-Jim Morrison

BrooklynZoo

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2014, 07:25:09 PM »
I think if used as they are intended, short distances, they are fine. I've ridden on the back of a few but for short distances that i could of walked. long distance, hell f--kin naw.
Gut from the front and grind from the side and f--k from behind, grab her hair, slap her ass, she screamin like she dyin. Make her cum four times without even tryin. I'll beat that pussy up, there's no denyin. Hit her where she doodie at, make that booty phat!

Srhottie

• Cool Cat from the UK ;-}
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2015, 09:23:34 AM »
Oh and forgot to add of course a very important which you all know...no insurance of course !
“Where’s your will to be weird?”
-Jim Morrison

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal