global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Sosua Lights  (Read 1824 times)

nacho

Sosua Lights
« on: December 15, 2023, 04:52:58 PM »
The old City Lights/Sosua Lights is apparently being resurrected.

stinqu

Re: Sosua Lights
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 05:08:56 PM »
Every time I walked past there last month the was work going on, I asked around but no one new when exactly.

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2023, 05:53:35 PM »
Probably about the 5 th time its been renovated ,An other spot would be Rancho tipico  Under new management !!!!!!

jd66

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2023, 06:22:00 PM »
I believe it is the back bar space that is being renovated and there are plans to open it soon and it is a huge space.  From what I have been told there will be 2 separate bars there.  David will operate the front bar and a American dude will be running the back bar.  Assuming the front bar will keep the same theme but not sure what the theme will be for the back bar.

There was an entrance to it from the front bar and I think at least one other entrance in the back where there once was a pool.   The whole property is much larger than what it appears to be.  Be interesting to see what becomes of that space.

Funny how the more things change the more the recycle back.   

Jazzy2019

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2023, 06:39:26 PM »
The posted signs say that they are opening this month.

nacho

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2023, 01:57:47 PM »
I believe it is the back bar space that is being renovated and there are plans to open it soon and it is a huge space.  From what I have been told there will be 2 separate bars there.  David will operate the front bar and a American dude will be running the back bar.  Assuming the front bar will keep the same theme but not sure what the theme will be for the back bar.

There was an entrance to it from the front bar and I think at least one other entrance in the back where there once was a pool.   The whole property is much larger than what it appears to be.  Be interesting to see what becomes of that space.

I was also told that the person running it will be the guy who used to have the Treehouse on the beach. That is 2nd hand info and I never knew him but I bet some members here did or still do so maybe they can confirm that. Or shoot that rumor down!

jd66

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2023, 02:51:12 PM »

I was also told that the person running it will be the guy who used to have the Treehouse on the beach. That is 2nd hand info and I never knew him but I bet some members here did or still do so maybe they can confirm that. Or shoot that rumor down!

That is possible.  I don't know who it is only that he is American or how much money if anything he is bringing to the table.  Makes sense he would be someone that is already in the Sosua area though.

It sounds like David will continue to own the entire property and this guy will manage the back bar space.

David runs the show and ultimately calls the shots but he will have someone managing the bars and staff nightly.

David has had AD manage the front bar a couple of different times as well as the sports bar on the north end that is now closed.  AD brings in customers and controls the wait staff but he has to many issues that allow him to remain anywhere long term and eventually they cut ties with him.

stinqu

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2023, 09:10:32 PM »
The back bar over the years has never been a MONEY maker . You have to go into the courtyard of the chica hotel,  either through the street gate, or the back side of the bar into the courtyard. Many gringo will not venture there. I like The Lights, it always had a good vibe. To me better than the up-town clubs.

jd66

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2023, 01:57:00 AM »
The back bar over the years has never been a MONEY maker . You have to go into the courtyard of the chica hotel,  either through the street gate, or the back side of the bar into the courtyard. Many gringo will not venture there. I like The Lights, it always had a good vibe. To me better than the up-town clubs.

There is actually another entrance to it from the front bar as well.  There was a double set of doors that would take you directly into it but they keep them closed since that bar hasn't been open in a very long time. It's not really the best entrance though if they are going to try and maintain 2 separate bars though so perhaps the renovation is addressing that.  They tried to open it back up in September 2016 but not enough business to keep it open.  But again I am not sure what the plan is for it this time.   Not sure there is enough people in Sosua to make it work long term but time will tell.  With the right theme and proper management anything is possible.

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2023, 04:16:34 AM »

That is possible.  I don't know who it is only that he is American or how much money if anything he is bringing to the table.  Makes sense he would be someone that is already in the Sosua area though.

It sounds like David will continue to own the entire property and this guy will manage the back bar space.

David runs the show and ultimately calls the shots but he will have someone managing the bars and staff nightly.

David has had AD manage the front bar a couple of different times as well as the sports bar on the north end that is now closed.  AD brings in customers and controls the wait staff but he has to many issues that allow him to remain anywhere long term and eventually they cut ties with him.
And Ad is now back at Rancho Tipico,,,,those Dancer waitreses can be Fun !

stinqu

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2023, 10:10:09 PM »
If I under stand this correctly, City Lights is not open????

stinqu

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2023, 10:59:49 PM »
Back when the lighting in City was set to favor the dark girls. They put that lotion on (like all black women) and their skin glissed. Now days with all the anti-Haitian shit form the government, they are in hiding.Last month I found a 24 yr.Haitian staying in a 300peso/night spot about 100 feet from my door(if she had good tits, a 7-8). That said, she was happy with 2,500 ST. I did push the boat out further, to get to 3,000, and to 3,500. To get past 3,500 I would have to sleep. This only my opinion, but Haitian chicas want to please!!! Because on the streets they get shit on!! If they find a guy for a week or a month, so they don't have to go on the street that's great!! I know some here might say I'm abusing a minority, not true, I fell for her because she is abused because she's Haitian.

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2023, 04:45:26 AM »
Good deal, Dimonds in the rough,,,Yes if they aim to please and it can be cheaper to keep her for like you said a month,,,,,Man that makes for some great sex and fun,,,,as long as they dont go out of control asking you to buy things, its the old saying let them stay in there lane dont spoil them !

jd66

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2023, 12:23:10 PM »
It's a pretty tough time for the Haitians right now and they can use all the help they can get.  They are being treated very poorly by the Dominican people at the moment.  Shame on the Dominicans and Karma will rear it's ugly head on the Dominicans at some point.   Especially if you believe in that Haitian Voodoo.

stinqu

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2023, 09:30:44 PM »
Man as long as I've been there Haitians have been shit on by Dominicans. They do all the jobs Doms.won't do!!! When jobs got tight with COVID, people turned on them "there taking our jobs". Jobs they won't do!!! Politicians jumped on this band wagon in the next elections. The problem is the construction industry in DR. CAN NOT FUNCTION WITH OUT THEM.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal