global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Anyone spend any time in LA Romona  (Read 4370 times)

danceelite0

Re: Anyone spend any time in LA Romona
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2017, 11:24:49 AM »
I've. Been to la romana about three times over the years.  I sure am not as knowledgeable as Bachatero about the city.  He has done way more and i do trust his advise.  My first trip there was a. Us trip from Santo Domingo to their amphitheater,  Frank Reyes the world known bachata singer.  It's almost a two hour bus ride and we partied all the way.  Its a  hugely beautiful venue akeen to the Cater Baron in DC.  I had no idea it was on the property of Casa de Campo when we arrived it was dark.  Great concert, and well attended by the most beautiful women I've seen in the DR.  Casa de Campo is the shit, by my opinion the very best all inclusive resort in the DR and it's in La romana.  It also houses the DR's very best golf course, teeth of the dog a Pro's golf course the PGA comes through once a year.  Very pricey though and I haven't played it at 350 a round.

My second trip was purely by accident, we were headed to Santo Domingo from Punta Cana. Good trip about 12 of us girls and guys all from the US.  We stopped in la romana for a break in the drive because the chics had to potty.   Long story short the stop killed the trip we ended up spending the evening in La romana.  Three cars full of black American tourist damn we had a pretty enjoyable experience the chics did the shopping and the guys just enjoyed the ear candy.  We hit a huge flee market and pretty good size mall where while the ladies were shopping we hung out in the Pizza Hut  that's why I don't get why guys say locals won't talk to you.  We mixed and mingle with plenty locals even with my conversational spainisj and the rest of the fellas asking me 'what did he or she say"  we had a ball.  Of course we didn't act like sex tourist either we were obvious good looking African
American tourist and folks were happy to get to know us and converse the best we could.  We didn't stay and party with them because as Bachatero said La Romana is laid out and there is no strip.  We drove back to Punta Cana and partied their. 

ChicoRaza

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2017, 08:23:35 AM »
Anybody hang out in La Romano near Punta Cana.  My boy is convinced its better than Sosua.  He made arrangement to go there this month.  If so can you give me some details.  He says a club Genesis is way better than Classicos. Give me the 411.  I ain't going my success rate is off the charts in Sosua.

@GoodDawg  I've been going to La Romana for 12 years now for our annual golf trip.  My best friend is Dominican and was born in La Romana, so I consider it kind of my hometown in the DR.  La Romana is the 3rd largest city in the DR with over 200,000 people.  The clubs are all spread out similar to Santo Domingo.  Be careful driving because most streets do not have stop lights nor stop signs.  You will need to slow down and stop when you see the street drops a foot before you reach the intersection, kind of like a revers speed bump.

I normally stay at Hotel Sylvestre.  It is an upscale hotel by Dominican standards and is about $85 per night.  It also has a after hours nightclub that starts up around 2:00 AM. 

La Romana is a working mans town and originally had a lot of Puerto Ricans that moved there to work in the Sugar Cane factories.  The clubs in La Romana are therefore different than most clubs in the DR.  Each club will have about 20 - 30 chicas working behind the bar.  The chicas are all available for take out and you will have to pay a salida (usually 500 - 800 pesos).  You then negotiate with the chica for her fee.  I've seen guys get turned down, so make sure you try and vibe with the chica first.

Most clubs are hit or miss and most of the chicas you see with the locals are not available to you.  It is not point and click like Sosua.  The chicas that are available are behind the bar.  I've taken a few non-working chicas from the clubs, but be careful and make sure the chica you desire is not with her boyfriend.

There is a lot of money and drugs in La Romana...they will be driving their Escalade's, etc.  You will see most clubs packed every night of the week. 

After about 10 minutes in a La Romana club your ears will start to ring.  The music is so loud that you will have a difficult time having a conversation.  If you think you know Spanish, this will be good test to see if you can communicate in Spanish in a La Romana club....good luck!!!

During the day we always go to the "malecon".  It really isn't much of a malecon.  It is a small strip on the beach and we go there for lunch, play dominios, drink, and dance.  Chicas are available, but like everywhere in La Romana it is definitely hit or miss.

You will pay a premium at the casas and the asking price is 8,000 pesos for TLN.  The casas used to be awesome, especially Scores.  They had a drug bust about 6 years ago that killed that casa.  Back then it would rival any casa in the DR.  Now it is almost a waste of time to go in there.

Eat the street food late at night after you leave the club.  The Chimi's in La Romana are the best on the island.  The chimi stands on a side street by the park in the center of town is the best place to go.  Your chica will know where to find them.

I hope this helps and have enjoy!

Thanks for the good info. Do you know where any short time hotels are in La Romana for daytime action? Also where would the best spots for daytime action during the weekday? Prefer non high prices or high end. Maybe freelancers or street scene to take to an hourly room. Thanks in advance.

bachatero

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2017, 09:19:05 AM »
Anybody hang out in La Romano near Punta Cana.  My boy is convinced its better than Sosua.  He made arrangement to go there this month.  If so can you give me some details.  He says a club Genesis is way better than Classicos. Give me the 411.  I ain't going my success rate is off the charts in Sosua.

@GoodDawg  I've been going to La Romana for 12 years now for our annual golf trip.  My best friend is Dominican and was born in La Romana, so I consider it kind of my hometown in the DR.  La Romana is the 3rd largest city in the DR with over 200,000 people.  The clubs are all spread out similar to Santo Domingo.  Be careful driving because most streets do not have stop lights nor stop signs.  You will need to slow down and stop when you see the street drops a foot before you reach the intersection, kind of like a revers speed bump.

I normally stay at Hotel Sylvestre.  It is an upscale hotel by Dominican standards and is about $85 per night.  It also has a after hours nightclub that starts up around 2:00 AM. 

La Romana is a working mans town and originally had a lot of Puerto Ricans that moved there to work in the Sugar Cane factories.  The clubs in La Romana are therefore different than most clubs in the DR.  Each club will have about 20 - 30 chicas working behind the bar.  The chicas are all available for take out and you will have to pay a salida (usually 500 - 800 pesos).  You then negotiate with the chica for her fee.  I've seen guys get turned down, so make sure you try and vibe with the chica first.

Most clubs are hit or miss and most of the chicas you see with the locals are not available to you.  It is not point and click like Sosua.  The chicas that are available are behind the bar.  I've taken a few non-working chicas from the clubs, but be careful and make sure the chica you desire is not with her boyfriend.

There is a lot of money and drugs in La Romana...they will be driving their Escalade's, etc.  You will see most clubs packed every night of the week. 

After about 10 minutes in a La Romana club your ears will start to ring.  The music is so loud that you will have a difficult time having a conversation.  If you think you know Spanish, this will be good test to see if you can communicate in Spanish in a La Romana club....good luck!!!

During the day we always go to the "malecon".  It really isn't much of a malecon.  It is a small strip on the beach and we go there for lunch, play dominios, drink, and dance.  Chicas are available, but like everywhere in La Romana it is definitely hit or miss.

You will pay a premium at the casas and the asking price is 8,000 pesos for TLN.  The casas used to be awesome, especially Scores.  They had a drug bust about 6 years ago that killed that casa.  Back then it would rival any casa in the DR.  Now it is almost a waste of time to go in there.

Eat the street food late at night after you leave the club.  The Chimi's in La Romana are the best on the island.  The chimi stands on a side street by the park in the center of town is the best place to go.  Your chica will know where to find them.

I hope this helps and have enjoy!

Thanks for the good info. Do you know where any short time hotels are in La Romana for daytime action? Also where would the best spots for daytime action during the weekday? Prefer non high prices or high end. Maybe freelancers or street scene to take to an hourly room. Thanks in advance.

The short term hotels are called Cabanas and they are all over the island.  If you find a chica, she can lead you to the nearest cabana.  Daytime action...there isn't much daytime action and there isn't a street scene in La Romana. 

The best daytime action is on what I consider the worst "malecon" in the DR...La Caleta.  It's a shitty beach with a bunch of places to go eat and drink.  And one of the worst beaches in the DR as well.  It's a great place to eat, drink, play dominos, and dance during the day though. 

Most of the waitresses there are available for takeout, but in the 12 years of going there, I've only seen a few worth taking out for some fun.  Also La Caleta closes around 7:00 PM and it is the place to go on Saturday and Sundays if you happen to be there during the weekend because all of the locals will be there.
Live free or die!

bachatero

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2017, 09:29:10 AM »
I've. Been to la romana about three times over the years.  I sure am not as knowledgeable as Bachatero about the city.  He has done way more and i do trust his advise.  My first trip there was a. Us trip from Santo Domingo to their amphitheater,  Frank Reyes the world known bachata singer.  It's almost a two hour bus ride and we partied all the way.  Its a  hugely beautiful venue akeen to the Cater Baron in DC.  I had no idea it was on the property of Casa de Campo when we arrived it was dark.  Great concert, and well attended by the most beautiful women I've seen in the DR.  Casa de Campo is the shit, by my opinion the very best all inclusive resort in the DR and it's in La romana.  It also houses the DR's very best golf course, teeth of the dog a Pro's golf course the PGA comes through once a year.  Very pricey though and I haven't played it at 350 a round.

My second trip was purely by accident, we were headed to Santo Domingo from Punta Cana. Good trip about 12 of us girls and guys all from the US.  We stopped in la romana for a break in the drive because the chics had to potty.   Long story short the stop killed the trip we ended up spending the evening in La romana.  Three cars full of black American tourist damn we had a pretty enjoyable experience the chics did the shopping and the guys just enjoyed the ear candy.  We hit a huge flee market and pretty good size mall where while the ladies were shopping we hung out in the Pizza Hut  that's why I don't get why guys say locals won't talk to you.  We mixed and mingle with plenty locals even with my conversational spainisj and the rest of the fellas asking me 'what did he or she say"  we had a ball.  Of course we didn't act like sex tourist either we were obvious good looking African
American tourist and folks were happy to get to know us and converse the best we could.  We didn't stay and party with them because as Bachatero said La Romana is laid out and there is no strip.  We drove back to Punta Cana and partied their.

@Dance  I hope you are doing well bro!  You went to Los Altos de Chavon.  This is my favorite spot in the DR and it is beautiful.  I recommend playing both Teeth of the Dog and To Dye Fore whenever you get a chance.  Both are great courses in Casa de Campo. 

To Dye Fore is in Los Altos de Chavon.  Los Altos de Chavon was built I believe in the 70s or 80s by some super rich guy.  The tourist guides say he built it for his daughter when she turned 15 or 16 as a gift. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altos_de_Chav%C3%B3n
Live free or die!

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal