global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: $145,000 For Studio ... Strictly for $100 An Hour Ballas  (Read 640 times)

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
Sosua = (S)imps (O)r (S)uckers (U)sually (A)merican

tugboaboat5393

Re: $145,000 For Studio ... Strictly for $100 An Hour Ballas
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2023, 01:11:57 PM »
Albeit looks nice, but   $145000 usd   dont forget the condo fees and other monthlys   ,you could by a whole house !

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2023, 01:20:04 PM »
Albeit looks nice, but   $145000 usd   dont forget the condo fees and other monthlys   ,you could by a whole house !

Bedroom area is small as fck.  Barely got any room, other than the bed.  The amenities are nice but expensive.  Also, you probably need a car, unless you are going to stay in the Ocean Village bubble the whole time.  Thus, I'm not sure about Airbnb income.  Also, it's on the ground level which might not be ideal for some?

murano2010

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 06:13:18 PM »
Imo getting involved in a legal contract with them is financial suicide.   What Tug said is correct. There will be other monthly fees.  Like the association fee that will cover maintenance, trash, sewage etc.    Notice the lady did not say your purchase includes the community amenities.   Instead, she said the community amenities include gym,pools, tennis court etc etc.

All this is slickster marketing, and using a pretty face.  I just happen to know from residents that I talked to that come to the gym, that the gym for residents is not free.   They have to pay 50% of the monthly membership of 5500 pesos.  And you can only use the gym for your assigned time slot.   Example : 7am to 11am is one time slot.  11am to 2pm is another time slot.  And 4pm to 7pm is the last time slot.  If you desire a complete days access you will have to pay 50% of 7500 pesos. 

I dont know anything about the costs of using the other amenities like the tennis courts, but you can best believe the use of the tennis courts, and other amenities is not going to be free.   Especially if you are inviting other guests to use those amenities. 

Next comes another potential surprise, your utility bills.  I just happen to know of one guy that stayed in Ocean Village for about 3 months.  He was getting high ass electric bills, for which the property could not substantiate why?  So there is a possibility that the property has found other ways in which to drive up costs to residents.  Very often, a person doing short term leasing may never consider how much the electricity costs might be above what the lease agreement is.   But they find out eventually, the hard way.   Electric meters could be rigged.  Power company and facility can both make out. 

But now imagine you purchasing the damn thing and finding out that the electric bills are over inflated every month.  And when you try to find out why, you get gaslit by the facility.   Them muggs already know what to expect when the electricity bills arrive.    I always recommend to people I talk to, to find out what the electric ( all utilities ) bills are before renting or buying anything in or around Sosua.   
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 06:18:36 PM by murano2010 »
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023, 09:23:54 PM »
Imo getting involved in a legal contract with them is financial suicide.   What Tug said is correct. There will be other monthly fees.  Like the association fee that will cover maintenance, trash, sewage etc.    Notice the lady did not say your purchase includes the community amenities.   Instead, she said the community amenities include gym,pools, tennis court etc etc.

All this is slickster marketing, and using a pretty face.  I just happen to know from residents that I talked to that come to the gym, that the gym for residents is not free.   They have to pay 50% of the monthly membership of 5500 pesos.  And you can only use the gym for your assigned time slot.   Example : 7am to 11am is one time slot.  11am to 2pm is another time slot.  And 4pm to 7pm is the last time slot.  If you desire a complete days access you will have to pay 50% of 7500 pesos. 

I dont know anything about the costs of using the other amenities like the tennis courts, but you can best believe the use of the tennis courts, and other amenities is not going to be free.   Especially if you are inviting other guests to use those amenities. 

Next comes another potential surprise, your utility bills.  I just happen to know of one guy that stayed in Ocean Village for about 3 months.  He was getting high ass electric bills, for which the property could not substantiate why?  So there is a possibility that the property has found other ways in which to drive up costs to residents.  Very often, a person doing short term leasing may never consider how much the electricity costs might be above what the lease agreement is.   But they find out eventually, the hard way.   Electric meters could be rigged.  Power company and facility can both make out. 

But now imagine you purchasing the damn thing and finding out that the electric bills are over inflated every month.  And when you try to find out why, you get gaslit by the facility.   Them muggs already know what to expect when the electricity bills arrive.    I always recommend to people I talk to, to find out what the electric ( all utilities ) bills are before renting or buying anything in or around Sosua.
Yes horros shows on eletric bills, are there 3 diffrent rates ?meaning so much a killowat hour the more you use it goes up in increments, you know none of them will fess up on the real cost,,, its just gouge the gringo !!! bend over !

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2023, 09:27:58 PM »
^^^ I used to workout at that gym; it isn't all that.  The calisthenics area wasn't there at the time, but it isn't covered so it doesn't always seem practical. 

I can't get over the $145,000 for an efficiency.  Now, if that doesn't even include everything in Ocean Village, then it's really really high.  I wouldn't be surprised about high utility bills.  As far as the chica, she looks good and I would definitely smash but that's it.  Not gonna try to impress a babe with that kind of purchase.

murano2010

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2023, 09:53:05 PM »
^^^ I used to workout at that gym; it isn't all that.  The calisthenics area wasn't there at the time, but it isn't covered so it doesn't always seem practical. 

I can't get over the $145,000 for an efficiency.  Now, if that doesn't even include everything in Ocean Village, then it's really really high.  I wouldn't be surprised about high utility bills.  As far as the chica, she looks good and I would definitely smash but that's it.  Not gonna try to impress a babe with that kind of purchase.
Before the pandemic a resident or renter at SOV ( Sosua Ocean Village ) paid 50% of 2500 pesos for a gym membership, and they could go any time as long as it was open.  After the pandemic, and they finally reopened, I thought that those muthablubbers had lost their gottdamn minds.   

Charging 5500 pesos for only a 3 hour assigned session. They did have a mid morning 3 hour session for 3500 pesos a month ( 11am to 2pm ).  But IMO I thought that was still a no go.   

Before the pandemic I went to the gym as a non resident, reluctantly paying the 2500 monthly peso fee.   Now I dont see 2500 pesos a month and being able to go anytime as the problem I once did.   

I would never recommend buying any property in the DR where the prices are gringo structured.  You can bet if the sellers are ready to sign on the dotted line, what they are selling is not worth what the buyer is paying.   
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

cknice11

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2023, 10:23:36 AM »
Sou York prices so outta control now lol. Shit then got more expensive then most cities in the States and it's nobody fault but stupid gringos

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2023, 10:32:51 AM »
Sou York prices so outta control now lol. Shit then got more expensive then most cities in the States and it's nobody fault but stupid gringos

Agree.  There are many places, without having to name them all, in the USA and around the world where you could get more value for your investment/purchase.  $145,000 for an efficiency seems pretty ridiculous.  I understand the attractiveness of living in a gated community and being in a resort type environment.  I'm not sure it makes sense though from an investment perspective for airbnb either.  Not sure the high prices are justified by the quality.  This might have been more attractive pre C19.

lazy_monger

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2023, 01:39:28 PM »
Real estate is only worth what someone is willing to pay.  You'd be surprised of some of the dumbass investment decisions dudes make because of pussy.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal