global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Current Observations on the Strip/PC  (Read 219850 times)

Just_A_Guy

Re: Current Observations on the Strip/PC
« Reply #2265 on: July 04, 2024, 11:21:22 PM »
What's with all these 3:30 PM flights starting in January?

Was planning a winter visit and I'm like WTF... arrival at 8 PM?

That's like half my day gone

"3:30 PM flights" as in, there aren't any from where you're from that leave sooner than that?

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #2266 on: July 04, 2024, 11:41:50 PM »
Wednesday, July 3, 2024

My boots on the ground sources tell me that law enforcement was in full force around the common tourist/strip areas, arresting chicas.   Arresting chicas?  Thats nothing new, right?   The difference this time was, police were going into the establishments to arrest dozens of chicas that they followed into those places.     

Previously, chicas had the understanding that they were safe from the police as long as they made it inside of a business as police were patrolling nearby.  But this time, at least last night, the police grabbed them anyway, pulled them out of there and hauled them away.  Had some female police involved, which made it easier to be more physically hands on. 

The source says, he saw several chicas that hadnt got caught yet, decided it was too hot being out there hustling........and they made their way towards the main road to the taxi stand, and hightailed it away from the area. 

In other words, this is becoming the new norm arresting chicas running up to guys acting like they are a couple, or chicas not being able to use any establishment as safe havens to avoid being arrested.   If chicas are legitimately there patronizing the place and/or with a companion, that may be the only way that they may avoid arrest.   

Im wondering, if this continues what kind of an effect will this have on how chicas do business?  Will this generate an environment where chicas may have to be more flexible in their financial expectations $$$ with potential customers, or find themselves out in the street risking being arrested, resulting in not making any money?

IMO, ONE reason why enough chicas had more leverage in terms of pricing, is because the police still made it easier for them to ply their trade any and everywhere without consequences.  The chicas could afford to refuse offers, because they appear to have more options in how they are able to operate.   

At the very least now, I expect chicas to realize that they better get used to sitting their asses down inside of establishments, and score clients like that, instead of patrolling the streets.   Sort of like the way it used to be back in the day with Rumbas, Merengue Bar, D' Latin, El Toro, Bourbon Street and all the rest of them. 

The funny thing is, chicas dont have to stop coming to Sosua because of law enforcement.  Just post up inside of establishments.  The f--ked thing about chicas though, a lot of them dont like to spend their own money.   To spend 100 pesos and up just to get to sit inside would kill some of them. 

And enough guys have got hip, and tend to avoid inviting chicks to sit with them.  Only to waste money entertaining women they arent hiring on the spot. 

Also, they had to compete with the chicas out on the street on patrol who end up getting to potential customers before a chica sitting in a business would.   Im sure that didnt sit too well.  Nor did it help put money in their purses.  Chicas get tired of sitting for hours waiting, exchanging numbers but not being hired. 

Sitting there expecting to be paid high ass prices.  Meanwhile the chicas out on patrol enough of them may be more flexible in price, getting hired for less and more often.
  Sirs this may be a good thing,meaning the chicas will lower there price, step up there game,shape up or ship out,  Also weed out  wanabe mongers,,or guys will say why bother if there going to put in a littel work or effort,, Hoes will still be there , just have to adapt to the changes !

murano2010

« Reply #2267 on: July 07, 2024, 02:32:08 PM »
July 7th Sunday 2024

It was happening right before my very eyes.   Super Pola in Sosua has been expanding and renovating the store for a few months now.   I didnt realize it until today, that Super Pola may now be a La Sirena supermercado.    There is a large "Sirena" sign above the entrance. 

As most may know Super Pola is owned by La Sirena or at least connected.  But what I didnt know, is that all of this expansion and renovating going on, was going to lead to a La Sirena supermercado/department store.    Not sure how big the store is going to be,  since Im not sure how big is the entire lot way in the back.   

But if this store steps up to be stocked like La Sirena in Puerto Plata, that would be a welcoming change.   This will definitely give Playero supermercado some stiff competition.    The one problem I see, is that the amount of parking stalls at Super Pola/Sirena may be inadequate for the extra volume of vehicles they should expect in the near future.   
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

murano2010

« Reply #2268 on: July 07, 2024, 02:48:32 PM »
Petty Bullshit. 

It is my understanding that there is still bad blood between the owner Rey of Kings, vs Milton ( and his business partner ) from Wings and Waffles.

Apparently, Rey has had feuds with several business owners over the years.   But recently,  Rey has an issue with the new Slice restaurant across from Kings.   The one thats upstairs from the Mag Bar.   

Milton has several items on his menu.  One of them was probably what triggered Rey from Kings.   Rey has an Oxtail dinner on his menu.   Slice has a pizza with an oxtail topping.

Trust, having similar items is not the crux of the problem.   Rey has a problem with any business that he perceives as a threat to his business.   

The problem is, Rey has watched guys he knows that visits Kings, going over to Slice with friends.   Guys inviting other guys to go to the competition, Rey sees this as some sort of betrayal.   His regular customers are not supposed to go to the enemy to dine.   I listened to some audio of Rey complaining about it.   

He's publicly banned specific cats from being allowed to come to Kings.  Anybody associated with those guys are presumed to be banned as well.   First off,  Im totally taken aback by Rey's behavior.    But then, I dont know what kind of verbiage goes on within those chat groups he and others participate in.   
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

jd66

« Reply #2269 on: July 07, 2024, 03:12:01 PM »
Rey has problems with several business owners in Sosua and he also is not smart enough to know when to keep his mouth shut.

Going to get him into some real trouble one day when someone decides to do something about it.

There are some vmails from Rey out there that are being shared in various whatsapp groups that does not put him in a very good light.

uth

« Reply #2270 on: July 07, 2024, 04:52:46 PM »
Wednesday, July 3, 2024

My boots on the ground sources tell me that law enforcement was in full force around the common tourist/strip areas, arresting chicas.   Arresting chicas?  Thats nothing new, right?   The difference this time was, police were going into the establishments to arrest dozens of chicas that they followed into those places.     

Previously, chicas had the understanding that they were safe from the police as long as they made it inside of a business as police were patrolling nearby.  But this time, at least last night, the police grabbed them anyway, pulled them out of there and hauled them away.  Had some female police involved, which made it easier to be more physically hands on. 

The source says, he saw several chicas that hadnt got caught yet, decided it was too hot being out there hustling........and they made their way towards the main road to the taxi stand, and hightailed it away from the area. 

In other words, this is becoming the new norm arresting chicas running up to guys acting like they are a couple, or chicas not being able to use any establishment as safe havens to avoid being arrested.   If chicas are legitimately there patronizing the place and/or with a companion, that may be the only way that they may avoid arrest.   

Im wondering, if this continues what kind of an effect will this have on how chicas do business?  Will this generate an environment where chicas may have to be more flexible in their financial expectations $$$ with potential customers, or find themselves out in the street risking being arrested, resulting in not making any money?

IMO, ONE reason why enough chicas had more leverage in terms of pricing, is because the police still made it easier for them to ply their trade any and everywhere without consequences.  The chicas could afford to refuse offers, because they appear to have more options in how they are able to operate.   

At the very least now, I expect chicas to realize that they better get used to sitting their asses down inside of establishments, and score clients like that, instead of patrolling the streets.   Sort of like the way it used to be back in the day with Rumbas, Merengue Bar, D' Latin, El Toro, Bourbon Street and all the rest of them. 

The funny thing is, chicas dont have to stop coming to Sosua because of law enforcement.  Just post up inside of establishments.  The f--ked thing about chicas though, a lot of them dont like to spend their own money.   To spend 100 pesos and up just to get to sit inside would kill some of them. 

And enough guys have got hip, and tend to avoid inviting chicks to sit with them.  Only to waste money entertaining women they arent hiring on the spot. 

Also, they had to compete with the chicas out on the street on patrol who end up getting to potential customers before a chica sitting in a business would.   Im sure that didnt sit too well.  Nor did it help put money in their purses.  Chicas get tired of sitting for hours waiting, exchanging numbers but not being hired. 

Sitting there expecting to be paid high ass prices.  Meanwhile the chicas out on patrol enough of them may be more flexible in price, getting hired for less and more often.
  Sirs this may be a good thing,meaning the chicas will lower there price, step up there game,shape up or ship out,  Also weed out  wanabe mongers,,or guys will say why bother if there going to put in a littel work or effort,, Hoes will still be there , just have to adapt to the changes !

Its not good thing. Its only going to scare off the good looking chicas. Only desperate rats will remain to put up with the harassment. There other places to go for chicas to ply their trade

tugboaboat5393

ugh whatzapp groups
« Reply #2271 on: July 07, 2024, 07:18:31 PM »
Whats app groups ,loose lips sinks  ships  ! just dealing with chicas is a handfull !

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #2272 on: July 07, 2024, 10:48:33 PM »
Petty Bullshit. 

It is my understanding that there is still bad blood between the owner Rey of Kings, vs Milton ( and his business partner ) from Wings and Waffles.

Apparently, Rey has had feuds with several business owners over the years.   But recently,  Rey has an issue with the new Slice restaurant across from Kings.   The one thats upstairs from the Mag Bar.   

Milton has several items on his menu.  One of them was probably what triggered Rey from Kings.   Rey has an Oxtail dinner on his menu.   Slice has a pizza with an oxtail topping.

Trust, having similar items is not the crux of the problem.   Rey has a problem with any business that he perceives as a threat to his business.   

The problem is, Rey has watched guys he knows that visits Kings, going over to Slice with friends.   Guys inviting other guys to go to the competition, Rey sees this as some sort of betrayal.   His regular customers are not supposed to go to the enemy to dine.   I listened to some audio of Rey complaining about it.   

He's publicly banned specific cats from being allowed to come to Kings.  Anybody associated with those guys are presumed to be banned as well.   First off,  Im totally taken aback by Rey's behavior.    But then, I dont know what kind of verbiage goes on within those chat groups he and others participate in.   
Sounds like a lot of local drama,, If your there long enough you hear about all kinds of gossip, whos screwing who  not talking about chicas  locals bar and hotel owners local politicials, even the place i stay most of the time is not drama free,, best bet is to enjoy one self and stay out of the local politics and chicas buieness unless your saving one hehe,, look at flip flop ,last year he had a beef with some one at kings  be careful sirs !!

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #2273 on: July 07, 2024, 10:56:41 PM »
July 7th Sunday 2024

It was happening right before my very eyes.   Super Pola in Sosua has been expanding and renovating the store for a few months now.   I didnt realize it until today, that Super Pola may now be a La Sirena supermercado.    There is a large "Sirena" sign above the entrance. 

As most may know Super Pola is owned by La Sirena or at least connected.  But what I didnt know, is that all of this expansion and renovating going on, was going to lead to a La Sirena supermercado/department store.    Not sure how big the store is going to be,  since Im not sure how big is the entire lot way in the back.   

But if this store steps up to be stocked like La Sirena in Puerto Plata, that would be a welcoming change.   This will definitely give Playero supermercado some stiff competition.    The one problem I see, is that the amount of parking stalls at Super Pola/Sirena may be inadequate for the extra volume of vehicles they should expect in the near future.
Funny i found Playjero had more selection of food items, meaning import like some american brands,, Playjero a better layout as far as product selection,, nothing wrong with super pola they have good local products as well,, wonder if there gonna nock down the back part of the store and offer home goods and the like,,, You got the other home goods spot paapertea , not sure its the correct name,  be good if super pola exspands,, that way you dont have to go to Santiago or Portou platta ,,,,, But chicas love to take you shopping my bad they want you to take them shopping in Santiago !!

murano2010

« Reply #2274 on: July 08, 2024, 05:58:16 AM »
July 7th Sunday 2024

Funny i found Playjero had more selection of food items, meaning import like some american brands,, Playjero a better layout as far as product selection,, nothing wrong with super pola they have good local products as well,, wonder if there gonna nock down the back part of the store and offer home goods and the like,,, You got the other home goods spot paapertea , not sure its the correct name,  be good if super pola exspands,, that way you dont have to go to Santiago or Portou platta ,,,,, But chicas love to take you shopping my bad they want you to take them shopping in Santiago !!
You are correct, the Playero has done well stocking a lot of imported and domestic items, that foreigners want.   When I was in Colombia in 2020, it was a struggle finding certain types of food at the Colombian grocery stores for my Airbnb. 

Pork products for breakfast, lunch and dinner seemed to be a staple in Colombia.  I saw no turkey or chicken products for breakfast,  or it was very limited to products that I did not find appealing.

I even visited a PriceSmart in Colombia expecting a decent amount of imported stuff, and left disappointed.  I'd find things easily at the PriceSmart in the DR ( Santiago ), whereas the Medellin PriceSmart would not come close.

Super Pola in Sosua was half as good as the Playero as far as the variety of domestic and imported choices and availability.   One problem for that, is that the store was so much smaller than the Playero.   So the choices available were limited by the space they had. 

Then the other problem they had, SP did a very poor job of restocking their shelves, especially of popular stuff that moved.   They didnt seem to care about making sure the shelfs were restocked often.   Like having plenty of bottled water on the shelves.

My last visit to Super Pola, with the expansion it seems as if there is more effort going towards having more variety available for certain products.  It may get to the point that a person can do one stop shopping in the near future, to cut out having to visit Playero to get what Sirena/SP may not have.

The Pappaterra store does have a food and liquor section which is pretty impressive considering thats not their main area of sales.    IMO, their general merchandise, and household goods is sometimes over priced.   Even Playero has better prices on some things, like small appliances, general household items, and small hardware goods, than Pappeterra. 

Large appliances and TV's, furniture, hardware, motorbikes, bicycles, some automotive parts & accessories etc........is where Pappeterra excels as the one stop shopping go to store.  Especially for those that dont want to or cant search for bargains elsewhere.   People pay a little more at Pappeterra, mainly because they are super convenient, for the area.   

And dont have that much competition, especially for foreigners that may not know where else to look for better prices.   
« Last Edit: July 08, 2024, 06:04:14 AM by murano2010 »

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #2275 on: July 11, 2024, 01:38:03 PM »
Ghost town down here now ,was out at 8 am to get a cup of coffee nada Mateos √∂cked up ever thing else closed end up at playjero grabed some coffee c3osannts made my own breakfast  at the hotel,, few other places opened up on the way back to the hotel 0 chicas out at 0800,  afternoon  still slow but at least a hand full out at the usual spots,,, lot of chicas with day jobs out of work hours cut or laid off ,there gonna be thirsty. !

murano2010

« Reply #2276 on: July 11, 2024, 02:47:36 PM »
Was at NG for breakfast this morning.   Watched about a half dozen chicas get escorted to the front desk ( by their customers ) to get their ID's.   

Monday, late afternoon, stopped by Slice bar/restaurant.   Had some wingettes off of the menu and a gatorade.    Tasted ok.  500 pesos, plus 100 pesos for the gatorade. 

Milton let a customer DJ.  Playing music off a YT playlist. 

The picture attached may be one reason why the chica representation is thinning out.   For a few days now, the police have been arresting chicas left and right.    In the picture is a woman in a white shirt among a bunch of other officers.  Im told she is a prosecutor.   

I watched her and all of those officers walk up and down the strip area.   It's like they were surveying the area so they could determine where the chicas go when they are out and about, and the things they do and places they go to avoid the police. 

Then during the day, afternoon and evening officers are on a mission of arresting chicas.   The chicas know now that their chances of getting picked up being on the stroll has increased dramatically.   And they dont seem to have a safe haven, where they can dip inside of a venue/business like they used to.    In fact, even chicas driving ATV's and pasolas may be at risk of getting arrested too.

More checkpoints are popping up here and there, especially for motor bikes.  Checking for undocumented drivers, or those not wearing a helmet.

Shisou

« Reply #2277 on: July 12, 2024, 10:48:29 PM »
What's with all these 3:30 PM flights starting in January?

Was planning a winter visit and I'm like WTF... arrival at 8 PM?

That's like half my day gone

"3:30 PM flights" as in, there aren't any from where you're from that leave sooner than that?

LOL my fault didn't even say where from

From JFK specifically

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal