global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Support Black Businesses in the DR!!!  (Read 18034 times)

RozayKayy

Re: Support Black Businesses in the DR!!!
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2016, 02:26:20 PM »
Listen, I've passed Bourbon St restaurant a million times. Never went in. Had I known it was black owned I would have tried it. Now I will definitely try it. Why shouldn't I give them some money. Every other business on that block has gotten some of my money. People should always feel proud to support their own. Canadians frequent the Canadian bars and Germans flock towards the German establishments. Being from New York I look for people from NY that own businesses also. It's all about looking for a little place of familiarity In a foreign country. Nothing wrong with that.

Also if you're in Cabarete check out EAT Restaurant. It's also owned by a brother. Very cool individual.

OhCeeToe

• Pesos Y Leche por la chicas.. Es todo.
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2016, 11:01:44 AM »
Definition of racism
:  a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
:  racial prejudice or discrimination

Just a FYI. The support of a business due to nationality is not racism. Certain People or individuals who have perpetrated or benifited from racism are the first to supposedly recognize it when levied against them...  How Sway? How is it racist to support people trying to make a living? Germans support the Germans, Dominicans support the Dominicans, Chinese support Chinese etc, that is how it goes. There is no shame or malice in any group chosing to economically support each others ventures, NOW if this thread said Hey Black Guys, only shop here dont go to the German Chicken spot or Hey Germans dont sleep here because some Black Guys own it, then that would be racist. But the empowement of expat business is not and never will be racist.

Flo

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2016, 05:03:22 PM »
Definition of racism
:  a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
:  racial prejudice or discrimination

Just a FYI. The support of a business due to nationality is not racism. Certain People or individuals who have perpetrated or benifited from racism are the first to supposedly recognize it when levied against them...  How Sway? How is it racist to support people trying to make a living? Germans support the Germans, Dominicans support the Dominicans, Chinese support Chinese etc, that is how it goes. There is no shame or malice in any group chosing to economically support each others ventures, NOW if this thread said Hey Black Guys, only shop here dont go to the German Chicken spot or Hey Germans dont sleep here because some Black Guys own it, then that would be racist. But the empowement of expat business is not and never will be racist.

I have not read everything else but this is a good point.

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2024, 12:06:00 PM »
How many black businesses are still around from when this thread started compared to non black businesses?
Sosua = (S)imps (O)r (S)uckers (U)sually (A)merican

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2024, 02:07:42 PM »
Bet not many   even the whit gringo Americans are bailing out, like Matteo and Danny  former Malibues  they both ran tight ships ,, but probly had enough time to move on , Hows Bourbon doing latley  !/?

stinqu

« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2024, 03:04:40 PM »
I heard that Jolly Rogers is for sale after 15+ years. I guess they had enough and want to retire.

Norberto61

« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2024, 09:26:00 AM »
I heard that Jolly Rogers is for sale after 15+ years. I guess they had enough and want to retire.
Ya but it has nothing to do with Sosua bullshit - they are just tired of working 14 hours a day 6 days a week- they aren't getting any younger and they want to retire

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal