global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Canadians travelling to Sosua right now  (Read 11071 times)

Metro

Canadians travelling to Sosua right now
« on: September 06, 2021, 07:45:38 PM »
Hello guys,

Anyone recently go to Sosua or planning to go shortly from the Toronto area ?  I’m just curious because I booked a flight for late November with WestJet into POP and they cancelled it, of course.  It’s over 2 months away and these f--kers cancelled it.  That is just telling me they have no real plans of flying into POP this year.  Is Punta Cana still the only option right now for us in terms of direct flights ?

madvillian

Re: Canadians travelling to Sosua right now
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 12:57:03 AM »
Metro, your best best for a flight to POP is through United at EWR or ORD. If AA, then MIA or Charlotte. If its Delta then ATL.

Unfortunately YYZ to POP direct with WJ and AC isn't likely for 2021 if they are already cancelling your november flight. Another alternative if you prefer to avoid the US (and the required Antigen test) is to fly Copa from YYZ-PTY-SDQ.   

Looks like the only direct flights for YYZ right now are to PUJ. 

gymmydean

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 03:06:29 AM »
WestJet still flying direct on Tuesdays and Saturdays YYZ to POP .

Viva La Vega

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 05:34:05 AM »

Google is showing Sunwing and Air Transat too.... I will believe it when I see it.

bangher_leever

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2021, 07:48:58 AM »
Hello guys,

Anyone recently go to Sosua or planning to go shortly from the Toronto area ?  I’m just curious because I booked a flight for late November with WestJet into POP and they cancelled it, of course.  It’s over 2 months away and these f--kers cancelled it.  That is just telling me they have no real plans of flying into POP this year.  Is Punta Cana still the only option right now for us in terms of direct flights ?

Im booked for Dec 3rd to the 12th on WJ.

Metro

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2021, 08:20:01 AM »
Hello guys,

Good luck with that, bro.

crazy_canuck

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2021, 06:01:44 PM »
WJ cancelled on me last november, had a hard time getting my money back so I swore never to fly with them again.
transat was reliable from YUL. Another option would be to fly to PUJ and find a way to get to the su ... flights to PUJ have less chances to get cancelled since there are much more people going there than POP.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 05:47:54 PM by crazy_canuck »
Why bother with life?
Nobody has ever come out alive.

bangher_leever

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2021, 08:09:29 AM »
Hello guys,

Good luck with that, bro.

Thanks.. last year i booked for Aug that cancelled and then rescheduled for Oct which also got cancelled but i flew out the first friday of Dec 2020.  Westjet direct YYZ to POP.  Plan on doing the same..  I was in the SU twice last year

btls101

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2021, 08:59:31 PM »
Punta cana easier in my opinion, and get a taxi or metro too take you to Su. I did mid August trip from yyz to ewr to pop. Too much laying over . I'd rather buy 24 presidente and take 6 hour ride to pop from punta direct.

madvillian

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2021, 09:09:50 PM »

Google is showing Sunwing and Air Transat too.... I will believe it when I see it.

Friends don't let friends fly sunwing. f--kin megabus of the Canadian skies.

Johnny_Canuck

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2021, 10:36:02 AM »
Hello guys,

WJ starting up again in November. I played it safe and booked AC to POP. Good that they are flying in there now as it brings with it some healthy competition for WJ.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 01:08:21 PM by Johnny_Canuck »

btls101

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2021, 02:45:04 PM »
I was looking at booking November 5th to 19th.
Toronto too POP via air transat, i've always had great
service with air transat. $535 round.

2Up

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2021, 02:27:29 AM »
Just spent 2 weeks in DR. September 4 - September 18.  Booked 2 one way tickets Air Canada / Air Transat Punta Cana to Toronto both ways.  The plane had empty seats and rows.  Pearson Airport is a mess.  Spent 2 hours on the plane. 1.5 hours through customs. 

Just booked American Airlines round trip YYZ to POP (layover in Miami) November 11 to November 21. Got money tied up in WestJet bc they cancelled my September trip. They did the same shit last year.  I wouldn't trust West Jet to fly into POP this year
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 02:33:31 AM by 2Up »

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2021, 06:12:23 AM »
Well  Seems like with the ASS holes in charge with covide and other goverment Jerks in office Joe Q travelers gets Screwed Trudeu Biden and Super jerk Gavin Newsom !  The hat trick   of democratic Bums !

madvillian

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2021, 11:32:04 AM »

Just booked American Airlines round trip YYZ to POP (layover in Miami) November 11 to November 21. Got money tied up in WestJet bc they cancelled my September trip. They did the same shit last year.  I wouldn't trust West Jet to fly into POP this year

Can confirm, YYZ is a shit show right now. I was travelling YYZ to RDU, the line to hand in the attestation form (which was before security) was 100 people deep. Had to grab one of the helpful attendants attention to help pull me out of line otherwise I was going to miss my flight. The Nexus lanes are closed which makes it an insufferable experience. The Maple Leaf Lounge in T1-Transborder is closed , so I can't even get a predeparture drink.

If you are returning to YYZ, please plan for a LONG delay. Customs is so backlogged that they are holding off deplaning for up to 2 hours. Pack your patience.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal