global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Canadians travelling to Sosua right now  (Read 11066 times)

2Up

Re: Canadians travelling to Sosua right now
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2021, 07:14:01 AM »
'Starting at 3 a.m. on Oct. 30, all travellers in Canada aged 12 and older must be fully vaccinated before boarding planes, trains or cruise ships in this country. Even those fully vaccinated need to show proof of a negative molecular COVID-19 test upon returning to Canada. Ottawa is facing pressure to drop that requirement".

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/getting-on-a-plane-soon-here-s-what-you-need-to-know-about-new-vaccination-requirements/ar-AAQ68aL?ocid=msedgntp

sosuajefe

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2021, 07:25:04 AM »
Glad I’m vacd. Didn’t want to but did it for travel and work purposes. The only annoyance is having to get a test before coming back. I understand that even when vaccinated you can still get and transmit the virus but to have to continue to wear a mask, distance etc it’s just getting rediculous. And apparently this “passport” will be wiped away in a few months. This is all political bs.

2Up

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2021, 07:59:12 AM »
Agree. They did all this s--t just to get rid of the POV that they've been pressing for months. Canadian govt travel policies don't make sense. 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 08:45:11 PM by 2Up »

sosuajefe

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2021, 08:49:01 AM »
Not sure where you’re from. But Ontario’s mandates are unreal. First they were giving away money monthly, as soon as the election passed, no more. Now the next election is for the mayors. They mandate or eliminate things to be re elected then change the script. Pure games. Btw do you know if the tourist cards are still needed in DR or are they included in the flight cost. I know with a hotel package they usually are but on a single flight that stopped.

2Up

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2021, 12:11:37 PM »
I live in Toronto.  I know exactly what you mean.  Ford's been flip flopping all year(not surprised).  All politics and bulls--it. I don't know how the tourist cards work.  Hopefully someone can answer. 

Badboijunior

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2021, 07:36:27 PM »
"Instead of issuing a singular federal national COVID-19 vaccine passport, the federal government says that each province and territory will be responsible for issuing a “standardized pan-Canadian” vaccine passport that Canadians can use when travelling abroad"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/national/coronavirus/2021/10/21/1_5632390.html
With the exception of Alberta,apparently we are not up to the other provinces standards.I have a screenshot of my vax record from Alberta health,that should be good enough

2Up

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2021, 04:58:59 PM »
https://www.cp24.com/news/feds-imposing-testing-requirement-for-all-air-travellers-entering-canada-from-everywhere-but-the-u-s-1.5687749

The Federal government is re-imposing a COVID-19 testing requirement for all air travellers entering Canada, other than those coming from the United States, in the wake of new concerns over the omicron variant. 

“We are announcing today that all air travellers coming from outside Canada, apart from the United States will now need to be tested at the airport in which they are landing in Canada, whether they are vaccinated or unvaccinated. They will then need to isolate themselves until they get the result of their test,” Health Minister Jean-Yves Duclos said Tuesday.

The testing requirement will come into effect “over the next few days,” Duclos said.

Viva La Vega

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2021, 05:21:28 PM »
https://www.cp24.com/news/feds-imposing-testing-requirement-for-all-air-travellers-entering-canada-from-everywhere-but-the-u-s-1.5687749

The Federal government is re-imposing a COVID-19 testing requirement for all air travellers entering Canada, other than those coming from the United States, in the wake of new concerns over the omicron variant. 

“We are announcing today that all air travellers coming from outside Canada, apart from the United States will now need to be tested at the airport in which they are landing in Canada, whether they are vaccinated or unvaccinated. They will then need to isolate themselves until they get the result of their test,” Health Minister Jean-Yves Duclos said Tuesday.

The testing requirement will come into effect “over the next few days,” Duclos said.

This is f--ked.

I was planning on heading to Canada for Christmas, PCR test prior to flying, and the home LTF for a couple of days in the city before i go see the grandkids. No way am I going to be placed in quarantine until my test results come through.

Times like this i wish I was a conservative.

2Up

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2021, 05:37:05 PM »

This is f--ked.

I was planning on heading to Canada for Christmas, PCR test prior to flying, and the home LTF for a couple of days in the city before i go see the grandkids. No way am I going to be placed in quarantine until my test results come through.

Times like this i wish I was a conservative.

S---s f----- up.  I'm booked to go 1st week in January. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 05:43:51 PM by 2Up »

2Up

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2021, 09:12:02 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/u-s-to-require-all-inbound-foreign-air-passengers-to-get-covid-test-the-day-before/ar-AARnHbK?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

"By early next week, Canadians and all other foreign visitors who travel to the United States by air will need to get a COVID-19 test no later than the day before their departure".

2Up

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2021, 08:14:49 PM »
https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/federal-government-considering-new-travel-bans-to-limit-spread-of-omicron-sources

"A source familiar with the Liberal discussions said the government is considering banning all foreign travellers from the country and putting in place an advisory banning non-essential international travel by Canadians."

Viva La Vega

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2021, 07:18:17 AM »
I cancelled a Christmas trip to Canada in the last two weeks when they adopted the new entry requirements.

Its a moving target.

2Up

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2022, 04:42:09 AM »
https://www.cp24.com/news/federal-government-expected-to-drop-pcr-testing-for-fully-vaxxed-canadian-travellers-source-1.5777901

"Last Updated Friday, February 11, 2022 7:40PM EST
The federal government is expected to drop PCR testing for fully vaccinated Canadian travellers returning to the country, a senior government source told CTV News Friday.

The source said travellers will instead be required to take a rapid antigen test upon returning to the country. The changes are expected to take into effect at the end of the month."
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 05:01:11 AM by 2Up »

crazy_canuck

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2022, 12:20:59 PM »
That is very good news  ;D
Why bother with life?
Nobody has ever come out alive.

2Up

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2022, 04:46:20 PM »
@crazy_canuck Yessir.  Just added more days to my trip next month.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal