global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Rules and Guidelines of The Forum For Members.  (Read 351 times)

murano2010

Rules and Guidelines of The Forum For Members.
« on: October 04, 2023, 11:39:41 AM »
Mr Moderator.  Is there or was there a link on this site that breaks down the rules and guidelines for members to adhere to?   Such as board etiquette.  Respect for others in the forum.  Type of content that is allowed, and what is not allowed or forbidden.  How members who create topics are encouraged to supervise/maintain their own threads. 

If that info exists somewhere, can you please provide it?  It just might help give us members just what we need in order to govern ourselves much better.   Reducing the need for your intervention.  Some things are basic common sense.  But I am willing to bet, that having posted guidelines for all to see, may help squash a whole lot of issues and beefs that keep occurring. 

Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

murano2010

Re: Rules and Guidelines of The Forum For Members.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2023, 04:27:10 PM »
This is an idea of the information about posting guidelines that I was looking for.

https://takemebacktososua.com/index.php?topic=11466.0

From the moderator back in 2019 :

There seem to be an upsurge of trolling, thread derrailing and flaming on the forum again in the last few weeks.

I am starting to grow tired again of moderating threads in ways I should not since we are on an adult populated forum.

More and more threads are derailed every day by the same few users so I will remind you that every user can moderate the threads he created by imself, using the buttons on the top right corner of every reply to his thread. I invite you all to do it yourself if you want to keep a good atmosphere on the forums.

If I see that you don't want to make the effort to maintain your threads clean yourself, I won't do more effort than you do and will simply delete or lock the threads that have deviated from the original topic.

Now to the users who keep derailing topics, flaming or keep starting feuds with other users, If I have to do it, I will start to remove your privileges to post and even ban you if I need to. If the hat fits you, then so be it ... you all know who you are.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 04:33:06 PM by murano2010 »
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

murano2010

Re: Rules and Guidelines of The Forum For Members.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 05:11:32 PM »
The main theme in that thread from the moderator, was about individuals that feel the need to INITIATE insulting other members when they debate. 

"If some users cannot debate in a civilized manner without insulting other users, I will not tolerate them anymore.
Be civilized, we are not at kindergarden anymore, we are adults."

IMO, that means not initiating calling people names, or a cheap bastard, just because they dont agree with something somebody said or did.   People should be able to debate and disagree without being disagreeable.   But these problems clearly starts with controlling the ones that initiate insulting people.   

It's not the individuals fault for not tolerating being insulted or disrespected by other members.

I can manage and moderate my own threads, and the individuals that visit.  What I dont have, is control over what other individuals do in threads I didnt start.   

What Im wondering, will the iron hand of moderation be applied according to who is guilty of Initiating insults and disrespect?   I mean punishing the initiator of abuse to other members, rather than lumping everybody together and treating it like both parties are equally at fault for insults and disrespect.   

The forum has a pattern.  And it clearly shows that there is usually one individual who will initiate insults or disrespect ( draw First Blood ), before it turns into a sparring match of words. 

« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 05:30:06 PM by murano2010 »

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal