global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Drinking and Germ free Ice  (Read 10253 times)

markman2129

Drinking and Germ free Ice
« on: February 14, 2014, 08:53:05 AM »
I was reading somewhere that when I do go to the DR that I should not drink or brush my teeth with water. I was also was told not to use the ice either. How do you guys deal with this situation? Should I avoid mix drinks at the bar? Does the refrigerator in the rooms have a small freezer? Should I bring an ice tray, and make my own ice with the bottle water? Is there a place to buy clean ice?  I'm just trying to avoid getting sick.

ccontraction

• Devoted Contributer
Re: Drinking and Germ free Ice
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 09:06:23 AM »
Laughing my f--king as off...I had some people tell me that dominicans are short like chinese people who are much taller then back in the day...Ignorance appall me!...been going for 7 years, brush my teeth, shower, with the water...I am still freaking alive...my lady and I brush together with the water...I drink bottled water that is what we freaking do here...The ice is bagged ice like anywhere else, they do not freeze 1000 ice cubes from tap water lol...Damn people who have not been anywhere have no knowledge of nothing!!!...Fools!!!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 09:53:51 AM by ccontraction »

el frekko

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 09:26:21 AM »
You should never drink tap water, only bottled water

and the ice, well, the only problem is that people drink too cold drinks too fast, so 1 or 2 ice cubes are enough

Mr_Magnificent

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 09:51:59 AM »
I thought the same thing as I did get sick in Mexico off the water before. But no issues in DR. Didn't drink the tap water but used it to brush, shower in, etc. and had no issues. I did notice most of the bars imported their ice. Saw many ice trucks and ice bags when they restocked. You'll be fine dude.

Mrmacca

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 09:55:17 AM »
Laughing my f--king as off...I had some people tell me that dominicans are short like chinese people who are much taller then back in the day...Ignorance appall me!...been going for 7 years, brush my teeth, shower, with the water...I am still freaking alive...my lady and I brush together with the water...I drink bottled water that is what we freaking do here...I do not ask where the ice come from lol...Damn people who have not been anywhere have no knowledge of nothing!!!...Fools!!!

What happened to answering the ? I don't believe anyone ask for opinions.
Guys are so busy talking shit and bashing dudes they forget the point of this forum passing info. Smh
Ice cubes are fine just make sure your h2o is bottled.

ccontraction

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 10:09:16 AM »
Lmao...fella all his questions were answered...You answer the question since you have issue the way I answered it...The way I answer things is they way I answer, don't read fella, lol you have issue when you were not the one to even ask the questions...Guys on here are busy trying to regulate what they want to hear and how they want someone to speak and answer...This is a forum to speak and answer how you want...If markman has issue since it is his questions not question, let him fight his own battle!!!...I stated an actual fact which either went over your head or f--ked your mine up to interpret!

vpchill

• Happy Birthday Sports Bar & Grill
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 10:10:43 AM »
Ccon Nailed it. The ice is Bagged ice.. And for any traveler I would brush your teeth with Bottled water.
Happy Birthday Sports Bar & Grill...... Sosua, RD

Entrance to Playa sosua (In Plaza Next to Western Union)

markman2129

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 03:36:59 PM »
I didn't take offense to ccontraction's answer. There is no battle. I don't understand how someone can be appalled by someone not having knowledge of something. I'm sure 7 years ago you knew little about the DR as well. Unless you are all knowing , which I'm sure you're not. This would mean  you are constantly going through life being appalled at yourself.  I have nerve been outside the US. This will be my first time. To me ,, the fool would be the one not asking questions. Since ice is made from water, I was not sure if it came from the same source as the tap water. I have read that a lot of guys take Imodium with them on their trips. The water was giving them problems, ( not enough to kill but enough to put then in the bathroom for a day or two). I simply want to avoid that.

ccontraction

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 03:55:21 PM »
Ok I was reading when you asked about the mixed drinks lol...Ok I am appalled when someone (not you) have never been anywhere or read anything on another country and feel that when you travel you are traveling to another planet...I truly would like to know where you read this information so I can read it as well that said what you said about the water...7 years ago and til this day I have never heard anyone say "Don't drink the water in the DR."...No battle with you just stating what I feel as always then giving an answer...vp said he brushes his teeth with bottle water and that is cool, I do not and I am still standing after 7 years...I am not all knowing, but I know a lot, I tell what I know and learn what I don't...The funny thing is, you have read many threads here and no one has ever said anything about the water or being sick...That tells you a lot right there!...ok water subject answered cannot do much more with that subject...Enjoy your 1st time!!!

BigJohn

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 03:59:19 PM »
"The only stupid question is the one left unasked." - Socrates   

I remember my first time going to the DR -- having only traveled to "first world" countries, staying in 4-5 star hotels.  I was scared shitless! And I worried about the same things.  I stayed at a grossly overpriced all-inclusive resort for my newbie comfort level.  Once I got the lay of the land I did the BB and FOD thing, and then graduated to Sosua.  I sure as hell wished I'd known about these boards back then.  I would have saved a bundle!

markman2129

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 04:36:24 PM »
I got the info about the water water from a CubaDave video. He got a question from a few guys about getting an upset stomach. He was explaining the situation about the water, not to drink it, wash your fruit with it, not to brush your teath with it.He also said not to eat the greens there,, like the salads because they use a different fertilizer that our bodies are not accustomed to in the  US. I know Cuba Dave can be a bit extreme.  This guy even takes his own protein powderes and bars with him to avoid eating the breakfast. So I came to this form to ask you guys. I get info from one  source or another, then I ask around for more sensible advice.  I plan to enjoy the girls as well as the many activities there are to do in the Dominican Republic. Scuba diving, fishing, cockfighting, the off road biking, and the parties.

ccontraction

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 04:59:48 PM »
It is all good CubaDave never watched or paid attention...Anyway you got all info here and you are going to enjoy your adventure!

Mrmacca

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 05:19:01 PM »
Some guys get a high off of f--king these hoes start believing in themselves or something.
Wanna be condescending to all people like damn that hoe made you feel that good huh?!
The purpose here is to share info. Not degrade and insult. Seems like It's all about "yeah I hit"
Which is fine too ....just stop being asses to newbies.
Answers first, jokes later. I guess I'm just weird.

vpchill

• Happy Birthday Sports Bar & Grill
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 07:24:51 PM »
You guys don't like VP? Next person mention that fraud Cuba Dave Imma slit my wrist... Im almost finished my BLOG spot so yall can get REAL info
Happy Birthday Sports Bar & Grill...... Sosua, RD

Entrance to Playa sosua (In Plaza Next to Western Union)

Mrmacca

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 08:25:48 PM »
Lmao @vp

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal