Sosua Talk - All of the Forums below are for you to enjoy and add to. Share your story. Instead of just talking about Sosua, write it down! > Places To Stay

How Far in Advance...

(1/4) > >>

AR69:
How far out in advance to I need to plan to make hotel reservations to get a good hotel room these days?

Stones:
Hotel rooms are almost always available unless it's a special weekend like the Super Bowl.

jd66:
Depends on when you will be there and what hotels you are looking at staying at

If you are there during the week rooms likely will be available but if your there on the weekend you place of choice could easily be booked
especially Jan-Mid April

If you are there May-Nov rooms will likely be available pretty much anytime but if you know when you are going to be there doesn't hurt to have a place booked unless you are a go with the flow type and can stay where ever

AR69:
Thanks guys. What about air bnb vs. Hotel? I honestly haven't stayed at air bnbs often.

Irie mon:

--- Quote from: AR69 on January 18, 2024, 10:45:38 PM ---Thanks guys. What about air bnb vs. Hotel? I honestly haven't stayed at air bnbs often.

--- End quote ---

The benefit of a hotel is the central location.  Nice to have walkable options including the beach.  Sosua is small so after a few days of that it sort of feels like Groundhog’s Day.

An Airbnb adds a nice touch.  Most likely more privacy. Nice to have a kitchen (even though we hardly cook) and a pool to yourself.  Probably need a rental car (not always) or a taxi driver on speed dial.  If you’re traveling with a buddy, IMO - Airbnb is the way to go.  If I was traveling alone, I’d stay at a hotel.

It’s not uncommon for Airbnb hosts to offer a discounted cash rate to repeat customers who respect their house.  The house I’ve been going to for 5 years is $340 on ABnB.  We pay $200.  The house is cheaper than 3 guys getting their own hotel room at an average Sosua hotel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version