global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: TMD is Correct, Shit show STI Airport  (Read 813 times)

tugboaboat5393

TMD is Correct, Shit show STI Airport
« on: February 27, 2024, 03:07:22 AM »
 Ring around the Rosey, f--k kinda sensed it was going to be f--ked up , dump my checked bag ticket in hand, go to booth 1 customs  he point to booth 3 to pay the overstay fee customs chics not there finally shows up I bend over and pay the 3500 peso overstay fee as I was here 60 days, I go to an othercheck point this guy stops me they point to a side office,  something wrong with the  missing stamp they send me back to the overstay fee then back to the original customs agent.  Maybey I was supose to return after I paid the fee like the key stone cops,  your screwed if you don't know a lick os Spanish, I know enough to get by but like TMD quoted a horror show!

murano2010

Re: TMD is Correct, Shit show STI Airport
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 09:38:19 AM »
Im not sure I understand what happened with you?  Especially the part about going to a room, and missing a stamp?

Years ago I would go directly to the overstay booth because I knew I had overstayed.  That used to be the procedure.

In the last few years, they direct you to the regular immigration line 1st.  Then after they check the passport, they send you to the booth where you pay the overstay fee.

After you pay it, they tell you that you need to go back to the regular immigration line again with the overstay receipt. 

In your case, at least you werent made to pay more than the 3500 pesos.
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

Viva La Vega

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 09:59:41 AM »
Overstay fees, residency fees etc are a bargain.

murano2010

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 05:27:07 AM »
Overstay fees, residency fees etc are a bargain.
I agree.  I have been very satisfied with having an overstay schedule that one can pay right at the airport upon leaving.  The DR's immigration policy is very accommodating for my needs.  It's one of the reasons one can live there without needing to be a legal resident. 
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

stinqu

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2024, 03:20:29 PM »
It is a bargain for sure, no hassle, just pay on exit, no visa BS. 3,500 for up to 120 days.

murano2010

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2024, 04:34:08 AM »
It is a bargain for sure, no hassle, just pay on exit, no visa BS. 3,500 for up to 120 days.
Do you have a chart showing the 3500 peso fee is good for up to 120 days?   The chart someone sent me, shows 3500 pesos is only good for up to 90 days.  Anyone staying longer than 90 days but less than 9 months has to pay 5600 pesos.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 04:38:09 AM by murano2010 »

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal