global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Election Day  (Read 428 times)

Viva La Vega

Election Day
« on: February 18, 2024, 05:44:58 AM »
Today Sunday Feb 18 is municipal Election Day.

You can not buy alcohol from 7:00am Saturday, to 12 hours after the polls close so sometime Monday morning.

I knew there was an issue on Sunday but was not expecting it yesterday. I drove up to Cabarete and stopped at Goddess bar and had a beer and watched the waves break. Stopped at Janet's for groceries, saw the signs on the booze shelves but did not read them, figuring the issues was for Sunday. Bought a bottle of vodka and a bottle of wine.

Later on I came in the village. Rumba, Montreal, Coco Loco were open but no one had a beer in front of them, the new spot on the corner, Merengue, Central, Cheers, Smileys, Rancho all closed.

I did see a couple of spots with an unusual number of people drinking Coffee but not in my wheelhouse so i did not stay.

I expected Bailee, NG, and Casa Valeria to be open as they are in a hotel, but when I passed I did not notice anyone with a beer. Called it an early night.

Driving home I usually pass Ahnvee. Maybe they decided to run with the Hotel waiver that they used during Covid as for the first time since then the road outside was packed with parked cars and a shit ton of Gringo's milling around in front of the place. Looked like a car with Police lights was in front too, so i turned off and took the road that comes out by Davids so I did not see exactly what was going on.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 05:46:48 AM by Viva La Vega »

tugboaboat5393

Re: Election Day
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2024, 06:55:23 AM »
Ah caught every one off guard  Murano asleep at the switch,Normaly im up to date on notworthy observations   O welll !

Viva La Vega

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 08:11:04 AM »
Powers that be in Santo Domingo setting the election day would have taken ZERO consideration to the date of the Superbowl. That would have been something.

WT3

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2024, 10:57:54 AM »
Normaly im up to date on notworthy observations   O welll !
Nope you post more nonsense than that papi dude almost like you get paid to post.

crazy_canuck

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2024, 11:09:50 AM »
Nope you post more nonsense than that papi dude almost like you get paid to post.

All you posts are negative and in the purpose of dissing the DR and Sosua almost like you get paid to diss.
Why bother with life?
Nobody has ever come out alive.

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2024, 08:05:38 AM »
Dont shoot the messenger, No i am not pais or compensted nor have any business imtrest in the DR or with TMBTS,,if you do not like my post   no offense to me move on,,  !

stinqu

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2024, 06:28:43 PM »
Elections happen in Feb. every 4 years in DR, the signs were every where. No boozes on elections is still the norm in DR, as it once was in most countries not too long ago. I did get caught on this 8 years ago though, so I kept it mind after that,lol.

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2024, 09:19:57 PM »
Well at least Willie was reelected , The cops chaseing chicas and shakeing down Haitians business as usual !

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal