global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Decision time. Medellin vs Puerto Plata  (Read 2014 times)

Howie Pheltersnatch

Decision time. Medellin vs Puerto Plata
« on: May 16, 2022, 07:29:11 PM »
Ok.  Decision time for me and I’m looking at options.  I have a week in July to get away and these are my two options.

Option 1 .  Puerto Plata

Pros: I’m familiar and comfortable.  Have a nice house to stay in over in Costambar.  Have my Favorites when I’m there and also options to get out and find new talent in town like at Meclao, Kviar, etc. 

Cons:  been there and done that

Option 2:  Medellin

Pros:  Looks like a fun city for nightlife and to do shit during the day.  The Airbnb’s look out of this world. 

Cons:  not familiar . Never been.  Worried about staying somewhere that is not convenient. 

Travel costs are the same and time isn’t much different . 

Where is the best area for a white gringo in early 40’s to stay?

PoonTangClan

Re: Decision time. Medellin vs Puerto Plata
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 07:37:16 PM »
Howie,

If you’re not bored with Puerto Plata, then by all means, return to Puerto Plata for your guaranteed great trip.

On the other hand, if you’re in the mood for some [unknown] adventure and a new hunt that could be hit or miss, head to Medellin.

Howie Pheltersnatch

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 07:42:08 PM »
Is parque poblado the place to stay in Medellin?

Travelguy90

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 07:58:42 PM »
Is parque poblado the place to stay in Medellin?
No but it’s a 10-15 minute walk or 4-5 minute cab ride to and from parque lleres the actual spot to be at. There are affordable housing and accommodations near parque Pablado that’s cheaper than lleres
Cheaper ways to do things, doesn’t indicate quality, or lack of

Howie Pheltersnatch

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 08:53:16 PM »
So parque lleres is place to be?

Is that near Medellin mansion?

MACK

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 08:54:39 PM »
Medellin...life is short.. experience something different

illuminaughty

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2022, 10:15:56 PM »
Howie,

As a longtime ex-BB veteran, I highly recommend Medellin. I'll be there myself June 14 - July 11, possibly longer so hit me up with your Whatsapp if you want to meet up and I'll give you the ins and outs of the city.

Natilyfe

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2022, 10:13:28 PM »
Im in medellin right now. I made a few trip reports in "trip reports to other countries " If you want to read them. Honestly during the day there is nothing to do as there is no beach and its the rainy season. Medellin is not really a tourist town. The game here is centered around brothels. I think I will still be here when you get here.

BLAZEBOY

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2022, 05:12:58 PM »
Im in medellin right now. I made a few trip reports in "trip reports to other countries " If you want to read them. Honestly during the day there is nothing to do as there is no beach and its the rainy season. Medellin is not really a tourist town. The game here is centered around brothels. I think I will still be here when you get here.
I disagree there is plenty of stuff to do during the day if you want to do something besides chase chicas 24/7 and leave the usual gringo areas like Parque LLareas. Plenty of tourists spots with incredible views and cultural areas. I just came back a month ago and it mostly rained at night.
Keep It Movin!

ToToMarauder

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2022, 11:16:38 PM »
if I were asked the same question. my answer would be: hands down Colombia. id go on about ( why ) no need. im sure a lot of my brothers on here prob already shared their opinions why Colombia over POP imho just be careful! be ware of your surroundings and have fun. Dress well Colombian girls are wild judgy
binary thinking at its best

Natilyfe

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2022, 09:09:41 AM »
I disagree there is plenty of stuff to do during the day if you want to do something besides chase chicas 24/7 and leave the usual gringo areas like Parque LLareas. Plenty of tourists spots with incredible views and cultural areas. I just came back a month ago and it mostly rained at night.

Like what? There's no lakes, no rivers, no beach etc. Medellin is a party city so everything is centered around that. Sure you can take a tour through a poor neighborhood to look at murals or take an hour bus ride outside the city to the mountains. I don't really see many other things to do during the day in medellin. Not being sarcastic but I'm here now so I would generally like to know.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 09:12:58 AM by Natilyfe »

illuminaughty

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2022, 03:26:14 PM »

Like what? There's no lakes, no rivers, no beach etc. Medellin is a party city so everything is centered around that. Sure you can take a tour through a poor neighborhood to look at murals or take an hour bus ride outside the city to the mountains. I don't really see many other things to do during the day in medellin. Not being sarcastic but I'm here now so I would generally like to know.

@Natilyfe: Depends on what you like but there's a shit ton of eco-tourism surrounding Medellin. You have plenty of hiking, horseback riding and outdoor recreation. It's also a great way to meet local women you don't have to pay for. There's also coffee tours if you're into coffee. Guatape makes a great day trip or weekend with a local novia. Rent a house on the reservoir with a hottub on the deck. San Felix is also a great day trip even if you don't plan to paraglide. Lots of cool spots to sit up there and have lunch and watch the city.

Inside Medellin itself you have the stadium to go watch AN or DIM the two local teams. Tickets are like $15 and there's games every week. Have you checked out Plaza Minorista? They sell fruits and vegetables from all over Colombia and great place to get cheap eats. A little bit of Spanish goes a long way at this market. The area immediately surrounding the market to the south also has a lot of shops but don't walk more than 1 block south and do not under any circumstances cross the highway. It's skid row on the other side full of dudes passed out from drug use.

I think you might have locked yourself into Gringolandia, the Poblado Bubble. Medellin is Colombia's second largest city and it has everything a major metropolis would have. If you find yourself with nothing to do in the mornings, head over to Laureles and take a 2 hour Spanish class at one of the many language schools in the area. You'll find them for $11 - $18 a semi-private / private lesson. Improve yourself and pick up a little Spanish.

I've met women in Bello and Sabaneta and everywhere in between. Meet local women with jobs and offer to meet her and her coworkers after work for drinks. Don't get offended if she's late or asks to make 2 stops to pick up friends in the opposite direction. It's just how things are done over there. They're really freaking friendly people. I've had a lady help me carry coffee to my cab because it looked like I was struggling with 3 coffees. I've had a grandma in line behind me pay for my breakfast because all I had was a 100 mil note and the cashier couldn't break it. When I offered grandma the 100 mil note to thank her for the kind gesture she just patted my hand and said "tranquilo". There's plenty to see and do. Just get out of Poblado and do every day shit and show an interest in everything around you. 

Natilyfe

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2022, 12:22:25 AM »

@Natilyfe: Depends on what you like but there's a shit ton of eco-tourism surrounding Medellin. You have plenty of hiking, horseback riding and outdoor recreation. It's also a great way to meet local women you don't have to pay for. There's also coffee tours if you're into coffee. Guatape makes a great day trip or weekend with a local novia. Rent a house on the reservoir with a hottub on the deck. San Felix is also a great day trip even if you don't plan to paraglide. Lots of cool spots to sit up there and have lunch and watch the city.

Inside Medellin itself you have the stadium to go watch AN or DIM the two local teams. Tickets are like $15 and there's games every week. Have you checked out Plaza Minorista? They sell fruits and vegetables from all over Colombia and great place to get cheap eats. A little bit of Spanish goes a long way at this market. The area immediately surrounding the market to the south also has a lot of shops but don't walk more than 1 block south and do not under any circumstances cross the highway. It's skid row on the other side full of dudes passed out from drug use.

I think you might have locked yourself into Gringolandia, the Poblado Bubble. Medellin is Colombia's second largest city and it has everything a major metropolis would have. If you find yourself with nothing to do in the mornings, head over to Laureles and take a 2 hour Spanish class at one of the many language schools in the area. You'll find them for $11 - $18 a semi-private / private lesson. Improve yourself and pick up a little Spanish.

I've met women in Bello and Sabaneta and everywhere in between. Meet local women with jobs and offer to meet her and her coworkers after work for drinks. Don't get offended if she's late or asks to make 2 stops to pick up friends in the opposite direction. It's just how things are done over there. They're really freaking friendly people. I've had a lady help me carry coffee to my cab because it looked like I was struggling with 3 coffees. I've had a grandma in line behind me pay for my breakfast because all I had was a 100 mil note and the cashier couldn't break it. When I offered grandma the 100 mil note to thank her for the kind gesture she just patted my hand and said "tranquilo". There's plenty to see and do. Just get out of Poblado and do every day shit and show an interest in everything around you.

Will definitely look into some of these ideas thanks.

illuminaughty

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2022, 03:16:28 PM »

Will definitely look into some of these ideas thanks.

Let me know if this helped you find anything you liked.

jazzieshane

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2022, 03:25:32 PM »
Why not go to Cartagena instead?  A little touristy, but there is a beach, and you'll get that "point and click,"  Sosua/Puerto Plata vibe.  Just be careful because a lot of Airbnb's don't allow "walk-in guests," and limit you to who's on the reservation.  Look at some YouTube videos, folks are always sharing info, which will get your comfort level up, or better yet reach out to them directly

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal