global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: INVESTED : La Cocina By Shennel The Newest Black owned eatery on PC 🙌🏾 🥘  (Read 5770 times)

murano2010

Poon 🙌🏾 appreciate the support
I’m sure most will be satisfied.

NYStateOFMind... the menu consist of American / Dominican/ Italian / and Spanish dishes. We are currently trying to curate a standard menu but Shennel idea is to rotate menus , with a sign with a days notice outside.

For example she has a recipe for an amazing salmon & Penne pasta. Do you have a sign outside letting the public know tomorrow XYNZ will be on the menu

But for that current date it could be whatever is on the menu for that day

Roasted pork dishes
Baked or fried chicken dishes

House chicken / steak / salmon salads etc.

She’s trying these methods out to see what works best and what’s cost effective.

Papi as far as socials, we have an IG so far but haven’t been active enough. It’s still early , we have time. We are mainly focusing on quality of foods , varieties of dishes not offered within the proximity and a clean facility.

https://instagram.com/laco.cinabyshennel?utm_medium=copy_link
I have passed by La Cocina By Shennel a few times.   Maybe I missed it, but I have never seen anyone eating any dishes there.  Just drinking.   Yesterday me and a buddy stopped by to check it out, and there was only a drink menu on the tables outside, and at the bar.   There was no food menu.   

I talked to the male Dominican bartender about food, and he gave me a list of side items with some type of meat he could serve.  I think the food that was prepared , was by someone,  but not the proprietor.    I asked him about the pasta meal.   He said he could put that together tomorrow if I decided to come by.  That doesnt sound like a standard available menu.  That sounds more like I could do it for you,  if there is an incentive to do it.     What I have gathered, is that some cooking may be going on somewhere, but it may not be going on in the back of that bar.  And if it is, I dont think any of it is "BY Shennel".   

Shennel doesnt appear to be on the premises doing any cooking.  She may very well be somewhere else in the DR or in the states.   And the name of the place is just for business purposes.    A source told me,  that a collaboration deal may be made with the guy from Mile High.   Mile High has a cook or cooks, and a kitchen that can pump out meals.   And that maybe where any meals in the near future may be coming from, if that collab takes place.   

So technically, La Cocina By Shennel is a bar.    Shennel may indeed be an excellent cook from wherever she comes from,  but as of this very moment her physical presence in terms of meals prepared by her doesnt seem to be a reality, YET.     

FWIW,  the lady that was standing next to the bartender had a nice demeanor,  but IMO she wont have to worry about horny ninjas coming after her.   There was nothing about her that I think will inspire unnecessary lustful attention.   Eventually we'll see if there are any other staff on duty besides her and him.

Is there a kitchen on premises?  Or are they just warming up food that was prepared and cooked elsewhere?  Namely, from the bartender or some other cook that was hired?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 09:46:09 AM by murano2010 »
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

TheRealDallas

The SU isn’t dead B after all huh….lol

😆😆 .... 🤷🏾‍♂️

I’m bout to ✍🏾 My last weeks SD trip report gimme a min ...

@murano we working on it , there’s several differences in procedures that some want to peruse
Frankly it don’t matter to me. But it’ll fall into place hopefully...

I also want to make everyone aware the LONG ISLAND ICE TEAS here 🍺 👈🏾 Literally . Just try one ☝🏾. Only one ☝🏾

https://youtu.be/puTMr-ls-wY

I don’t follow TMD but shout out to him , I heard he showed love on a recent video

Happy customer Photo w Long Island

TheRealDallas

Also No one cooks for us...We have our own cooks. We’re also adding one for the night shifts..Right now we have two that work from 7am..We don't have any dealings with anyone or other kitchen but ours....we’re still trying to put together a menu. we are just free styling for now.

We do need to get the pizza oven going and add the cool this week.

We’re also making some changes this week....We Got rid of 2 people since opening and one on Friday  that just pass...We still growning and and will get it right....

It’s a process but it’s fun. 

I’ll keep y’all posted.

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

• Master of the Dark Arts
I will say this...it's got prime real estate on pc and a nice spot to have a few drinks and watch the stroll. I didn't order any food, but the views were nice. Haha  I wish them the best!
Hat Trick Sith - Raw is Law!

KeepitTrill

Hey OP,

I have a 20 Chicken Rotisserie Machine (Gas but still requires a bit of electricity)
Display fridge for sodas
Commercial Sink

For sale in Puerto Plata if interested. Fridge and Rotisserie Machine are only 4 months old.

crazy_canuck

Hey OP,

I have a 20 Chicken Rotisserie Machine (Gas but still requires a bit of electricity)
Display fridge for sodas
Commercial Sink

For sale in Puerto Plata if interested. Fridge and Rotisserie Machine are only 4 months old.

e dean cole is that you?  LMAO
Why bother with life?
Nobody has ever come out alive.

Rafael

Probably was Dean his spot got about another year before it becomes some one else dream or nightmare

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal