Sosua Talk - All of the Forums below are for you to enjoy and add to. Share your story. Instead of just talking about Sosua, write it down! > Newbies Ask Your Sosua Questions Here

STI Airport to Sosua

(1/7) > >>

KiteSurf101:
Quick follow up on a earlier post, if anyone is interested in saving some cash and takes the Spirit flight that arrives at STI at 2:00am it is worth the trouble.

I arrived a hour late (spirit after all), and it was a full hour to clear customs. It was 4:00am and I had a few hours to kill. There is a food court on the second floor after you clear customs, there are a couple places there that are open all night. A couple presidentes and some chatting with both the staff and local passengers and I was ony way. The Uber to the Caribe Tours station was $250 pesos (early mornings are great Uber times as traffic isn't busy). Another $250-300 pesos for the Caribe ticket to Sosua. Total cost of the the Spirit trip with one connection in Ft. Lauderdale and one carry on was $390.

jd66:
Sounds like it all worked out for you and you might have saved a few bucks.   Hopefully you kept that up with how you dealt with the pussy as well.

But I can't see advocating a flight that comes in at 2-3 am

Consider how much time was wasted that day you flew and then sat around waiting to catch a bus only to get to Sosua early morning where you likely could not check into your room unless you pay them extra

Only to find the selection of putas are slim early in the morning and your only real options for entertainment that early are some place for breakfast

Then it screws your day because you are dead ass tired from the previous day travel schedule

To each there own but my time is worth something

Hard to beat hitting SU town early afternoon refreshed and ready to hit it

Jazzy2019:
@kitesurf

Where did your flight start and how long was your total travel time? You note that you had a layover in FLL.

madvillian:

--- Quote from: jd66 on September 22, 2021, 01:14:25 PM ---Sounds like it all worked out for you and you might have saved a few bucks.   Hopefully you kept that up with how you dealt with the pussy as well.

But I can't see advocating a flight that comes in at 2-3 am

Consider how much time was wasted that day you flew and then sat around waiting to catch a bus only to get to Sosua early morning where you likely could not check into your room unless you pay them extra

Only to find the selection of putas are slim early in the morning and your only real options for entertainment that early are some place for breakfast

Then it screws your day because you are dead ass tired from the previous day travel schedule

To each there own but my time is worth something

Hard to beat hitting SU town early afternoon refreshed and ready to hit it

--- End quote ---

It's like the Vegas experience for us Canadians - only late evening arrivals and next morning departures. Forces you to pay for an extra night of a hotel room that you can't even use. The late night flight into STI only works if the $$ is right. My question would be, can STI be a quick mongering spot - meaning I spend 2 or 3 days on arrival in the city and then make your way to sosua. 

Stones:
The question for KiteSurf is, how beat were you after arriving at 3 a.m. and then having to kill another hour until 4 a.m. to clear Customs? And then having to kill three more hours until 7 a.m. before taking an Uber to the Santiago bus station -- and then taking the 90-minute bus ride to Sosua? Hey, I'm not knocking your journey. Kudos to your fortitude! I have looked for ways to shave travel costs as well. But man, it must have taken two days for you to get all rested up! Good work, though. You accomplished what you set out to do.

Would you do it that way again?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version