global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: DR Want To Build A Wall To Keep The F Haitians Out  (Read 3412 times)

j.smooth9

Re: DR Want To Build A Wall To Keep The F Haitians Out
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2021, 05:20:04 AM »
https://youtu.be/Qvp1WVl6nrY

Vice had an interesting vid on what's going on there in Port a prince. Shit is crazy right now.
You'll find me on pedro cilasante

TheRealDallas

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2021, 05:46:29 AM »
Damn

sosuaonmymind1987

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2021, 07:09:32 AM »
They ran a survey in the local news and something like 80% of Dominicans support it too. I love the DR and its people, but the reasons and motivations for the wall, coupled with how they treat their darker neighbors is problematic to put it light.  How many of yall have thought about not visiting the island anymore?

I think you mean not visit the DR anymore.  Of course, people could visit Haiti and try to help that country get it together, if they really gave a f--k.  But, all you will hear is excuses and rationalizations for reasons to avoid Haiti and often other countries where the majority of people consider themselves black.  The most you will get is lip service here.

Jay,

Haiti can only help itself at this point, but it has to actually WANT to do that. That country has received hundreds of millions of dollars in aid over the years, and that aid has been consistently and regularly stolen, misappropriated, mismanaged, and frittered away by corrupt Haitian government leadership. Haiti’s problem is very much internal on high levels. If they can’t fix that first, throwing more money at them isn’t going to solve anything.

As far as DR building a wall? That shit is silly. If they don’t want illegal immigrant Haitians to come there, all DR needs is a super strict e-verify type system. If you don’t have paperwork, you can’t buy, sell, rent, etc. If there’s no social safety net for illegal immigration, the illegal immigration stops on its own. No need to build a wall.

Your career as a political analyst s dead in the water. Let’s just stick to mongering gents plz. As that other gent said, if you don’t know-just don’t give your opinion.

Carry on with the chappies…

MrNavigator

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2021, 07:45:35 AM »
They ran a survey in the local news and something like 80% of Dominicans support it too. I love the DR and its people, but the reasons and motivations for the wall, coupled with how they treat their darker neighbors is problematic to put it light.  How many of yall have thought about not visiting the island anymore?

I think you mean not visit the DR anymore.  Of course, people could visit Haiti and try to help that country get it together, if they really gave a f--k.  But, all you will hear is excuses and rationalizations for reasons to avoid Haiti and often other countries where the majority of people consider themselves black.  The most you will get is lip service here.

Jay,

Haiti can only help itself at this point, but it has to actually WANT to do that. That country has received hundreds of millions of dollars in aid over the years, and that aid has been consistently and regularly stolen, misappropriated, mismanaged, and frittered away by corrupt Haitian government leadership. Haiti’s problem is very much internal on high levels. If they can’t fix that first, throwing more money at them isn’t going to solve anything.

As far as DR building a wall? That shit is silly. If they don’t want illegal immigrant Haitians to come there, all DR needs is a super strict e-verify type system. If you don’t have paperwork, you can’t buy, sell, rent, etc. If there’s no social safety net for illegal immigration, the illegal immigration stops on its own. No need to build a wall.

Your career as a political analyst s dead in the water. Let’s just stick to mongering gents plz. As that other gent said, if you don’t know-just don’t give your opinion.

Carry on with the chappies…

Exactly

stinqu

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2021, 04:54:30 PM »
My two cents, if California had no illegal's it would cease to function, just as the Dominican. It is their dirty little secret, as in California with Mexicans the Dominicans use cheap Haitian labor to do all the jobs Dominicans won't do. If you have ever check out a construction site you will know this to be true. Go to a sugar cane or banana plantation you will find generation after generation of Haitians with no LEGAL STATUS IN THE DR. BECAUSE IF YOUR PARENTS ARE ILLEGAL YOU ARE TOO.

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

• Master of the Dark Arts
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2021, 05:00:22 PM »
I saw the same thing in Costa Rica
Hat Trick Sith - Raw is Law!

Tex1988

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2021, 02:04:14 AM »
I think most would change thier tune if you knew the history of Haiti. Raped of thier resources, enslaved, tortured, threatened, used and abused for the prosperity and wealth of other nations. While nations were growing and building infrastructure, they could not because of indebtedness just to avoid further enslavement
 One by one, other nations came on board and picked over the scraps that remained to further monetize on their resources....and then the inhabitants of thier own island  committeed terible atrocities against them to create a hierarchy,  based on skin color. I have touched down in Haiti and had a great time, non mongering.  I was intrigued before going, so I read a few articles and then few books. The results of a nation that has been raped repeatedly results in present day Haiti. I will NEVER speak ill of Haiti or Haitians. If you are tempted to, read a little. If not ...carry on but know there is more out there to help achieve an enlightened perspective.

Great post....

Plain and simple, stop blaming the rape victim for getting repeatedly raped. I guess it makes people feel better about themselves to offer uninformed solutions to a centuries old problem. Haiti's problems are created outside of it's borders.

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2021, 09:39:08 AM »
Well, dude got popped. Wonder if this means more will try to get into the DR?

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/world-57746050

Haiti president dead: Jovenel Moise killed for im house by gunmen
Sosua = (S)imps (O)r (S)uckers (U)sually (A)merican

BlackAndMild

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2021, 04:45:08 AM »
If Dominican people were truly racists, they would also hate African-Americans too right? We know this is not true because you can see how much black culture influences younger Dominicans. I think this is sibling rivalry that gringos like us and the USA should stay out of.

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2021, 10:36:50 AM »
If Dominican people were truly racists, they would also hate African-Americans too right? We know this is not true because you can see how much black culture influences younger Dominicans. I think this is sibling rivalry that gringos like us and the USA should stay out of.

So-called "black culture" also influences white America.  White American kids financially support a lot of black culture, especially things like rap music.  Does this mean they are not racist or can't be racist?

I've heard some Dominicans talk negatively about African-Americans and I've also heard some talk positively about African-Americans.  It is a complex issue. 

In general, I think Whites are perceived world-wide as having a higher value than blacks.  This is why in latin culture, there are concepts like "mejorando la raza" (https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mejorar-la-raza-an-exampl_b_7558892) which is a concept I've even heard used by African Americans when some talk about things like "good hair."  These are long held concepts that are changing as time goes on.

When I posted the recent trailer for "In The Heights" a movie about a mostly Dominican area of Manhattan, someone commented about the color of the people in the movie.  I've also seen this issue discussed among Dominicans on FB.  https://youtu.be/8HAR3QBuiiU

Vhaswan

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2021, 02:34:48 PM »
One of the first steps is the France should pay back the reparations they forced Haiti yo pay for 125 odd years.  The debate about African Americans getting reparations is one thing.  But could you imagine if your African American had to pay white people back for their loss of “property”.  The injustice of that is beyond words!

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2022, 06:32:33 AM »
Passport Bros Update:

https://youtu.be/TRSuAU7StvM

Rafael

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2022, 06:53:37 AM »
Who is going to build the wall? A Dominican Motoconcho ??? The Haitians are the only ones doing physical labor in the DR

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal