global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Current Observatios on the Strip/PC  (Read 193054 times)

murano2010

Re: Current Observatios on the Strip/PC
« Reply #2010 on: May 05, 2024, 09:30:34 AM »
Murano,

I agree with what you’re saying. Dudes should strap up anyway, but the gay/tranny phenomenon unfolding in Sosua should also serve as an urgent wake up call and reminder to those who have been moving recklessly to straighten up.

It’s a medical fact that homosexual sex and IV drug use are the highest risk factors for HIV/AIDS. And of course with that, comes opportunistic STD infections; some which are of the super strain variety.

I understand that no one wants to scapegoat anyone or anything, but facts are facts.
I agree that IV drug use SHARING may increase one's risk of being exposed to HIV.   I dont readily connect that homosexual sex is a risk factor for HIV.    I do support the premise that if one is Infected with HIV, that individual maybe capable of transmitting HIV regardless of their sexual orientation. 

Not because they were homosexuals having sex, and thats supposed to result in HIV transmission.   What about all the homosexuals that have been having sex with each other for years, but never contracted HIV?    What saved their butts?   Why are they the exception.  Do certain homosexual butts matter in who is at risk from who isnt at risk?   Pun intended.   

During the 80's hundreds of thousands of gay men were injected with Hepatitis vaccines all across America.  That resulted in a lot of illnesses and a lot of deaths.  The mechanism of transmission of infection was because homosexual men were infecting each other.  Sex was the mechanism of transmission.   Not that sex between homosexuals causes HIV.   Thats the main part I want to make sure were both being clear on.

Also during that time, heterosexual people were also subject to infection.  At some point you didnt need a homosexual to infect a heterosexual individual.  HIV infection got around to anybody.   Many men, women and children got their HIV infections from tainted blood.   And that was no accident.   Im talking maybe hundreds of thousands of people.

What Im getting at is this.  HIV is not a pandemic of homosexual behavior,  just like Covid wasnt a pandemic of the unvaccinated like the way they made us believe.   

The mechanism of injury may typically come by way of sexual contact, but one or both individuals need to be infected and/or susceptible to transmission.   Also, one can get an HIV infection from HIV tainted blood. 

Sexual orientation of the individual infected is not significant.       My point is.......infection may have affected homosexuals over the last few decades the most because they were targeted for infection through the hepatitus vaccination program.   And later through offering gays and heterosexuals life ending drugs like AZT.    Since then HIV has managed to make it's way through humans regardless of sexual orientation.   

Where are the masses of illnesses and deaths from HIV today coming from gays primarily?   Once the experimental vaccinations with gays were phased out, notice how concern of HIV infections in America sort of phased out, or has been mitigated.

HIV infection doesnt distinguish whether we are heterosexual or homosexual.   The only thing that matters is if an infected person, regardless of sexual orientation, is a carrier, and whether or not the other party is fortunate enough to survive being exposed to an infected individual. 

Another important thing to consider.   It's been a few decades since HIV and AIDS in the US was a major daily concern.  Since then people have been more relaxed about the threat of HIV transmission.   In the last 2 decades, how much has HIV or AIDS transmission or infection been a factor in Sosua, or the DR overall?......or how about with health officials in the USA knowing foreigners frequent places like the DR?     

If we never paid attention to the extra gays and trannies in Sosua,  would we even be having this conversation?    Gays and trannies have been in Sosua.   They didnt just appear out of nowhere.   What is the HIV rate of infection or status in Sosua today?   

I may not be privy to what some aspects of social and sexual behavior in the US these days, but has the concern from heterosexuals in the US contracting HIV mitigated somewhat since the 80's and 90s when HIV and AIDS was a major concern?    Or are people still extremely concerned about HIV infection from anybody?   

I know Im all over the place and wordy as a muthablubba, but I hope I made some sense. 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2024, 10:47:51 AM by murano2010 »
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

PoonTangClan

« Reply #2011 on: May 05, 2024, 11:12:35 AM »

What Im getting at is this.  HIV is not a pandemic of homosexual behavior,  just like Covid wasnt a pandemic of the unvaccinated like the way they made us believe.   

The mechanism of injury may typically come by way of sexual contact, but one or both individuals need to be infected and/or susceptible to transmission.   Also, one can get an HIV infection from HIV tainted blood. 

Sexual orientation of the individual infected is not significant.       My point is.......infection may have affected homosexuals over the last few decades the most because they were targeted for infection through the hepatitus vaccination program.   And later through offering gays and heterosexuals life ending drugs like AZT.    Since then HIV has managed to make it's way through humans regardless of sexual orientation.   

Where are the masses of illnesses and deaths from HIV today coming from gays primarily?   Once the experimental vaccinations with gays were phased out, notice how HIV infections in America sort of phased out, or has been mitigated.

HIV infection doesnt distinguish whether we are heterosexual or homosexual.   The only thing that matters is if an infected person, regardless of sexual orientation, is a carrier, and whether or not the other party is fortunate enough to survive being exposed to an infected individual. 

That’s actually inaccurate. HIV/AIDS (in the beginning & presently) is indeed and primarily a pandemic of homosexual behavior.

That’s not to say that heterosexuals haven’t been heavily impacted, but if you look at the stats and look at the health-targeting campaigns in any major city, you’ll notice there’s always a heavy ad focus toward gay populations. This is not part of a generalized health campaign, but a very specific one for THEM.

Homosexual sex between men (primarily anal) makes that population more susceptible to infection and transmission. This is due to the fact that membranes of the anus are more susceptible to tearing and damage as an orifice that wasn’t naturally designed for penetrative lubrication. Additionally, medical research has also shined major light on how the HIV/AIDS virus damages, alters, and proliferates in the microbiome of the gut, making secretions of the gut and anus (not even blood) extraordinarily infectious, in tandem with microscopic tearing of the anal/rectal membrane through sex.

This is how and why HIV/AIDS devastated the gay community at warp speed when it first appeared in the very late 70’s and early 80’s. When you also consider the general promiscuity of men in general and factor in that same promiscuity in dealing with other men, you have a perfect storm of rapid infection (and tainted blood) passed around through IV drug use, blood transfusions, etc., before the world at large even realized what was going on.

Bisexual men (switch-hitters as I call them) were instrumental in spreading HIV/AIDS to the heterosexual population. They weren’t the only vectors, but they played a large part in it, and continue to do so.

As to the origins of HIV/AIDS itself? We all know it didn’t just walk out of the forest and jump people, but like you mentioned, it appears that it was indeed introduced through a flawed vaccination program back in the day. Was this deliberate? It’s anyone’s guess, but I think it was definitely deliberate.

In a nutshell, sexual orientation when it comes to HIV/AIDS was and still is significant, because of the variation and prevalence of certain high risk behaviors that we can demonstrably attach to certain groups. Outside of orientation, lifestyle factors also play into that. IV drug use, prostitution, etc. You already know.

There are less people dying from HIV/AIDS today because of course, advances in medicine have made it a profitable (but still deadly) chronic illness. As a result of this change, and considering how long HIV/AIDS has been around, we’re not gonna hear the reports that we used to hear about how bad it is, but worldwide, it’s still going down.

murano2010

« Reply #2012 on: May 05, 2024, 02:21:29 PM »
Good response.  I have some feedback on what you said.    PTC in BOLD

That’s actually inaccurate. HIV/AIDS (in the beginning & presently) is indeed and primarily a pandemic of homosexual behavior.

I will tell you why I disagree with that.   HIV/AIDS is primarily a pandemic due to it being  man made in a lab.   Homosexuals in America and children were just the 1st targets.  Here's another reason why I disagree.  In certain countries in the world, scientists went to those countries and intentionally infected masses of people there so they would develop  HIV.   How do we explain masses of people getting HIV, if they didnt obtain it primarily through homosexual sex?   

That’s not to say that heterosexuals haven’t been heavily impacted, but if you look at the stats and look at the health-targeting campaigns in any major city, you’ll notice there’s always a heavy ad focus toward gay populations. This is not part of a generalized health campaign, but a very specific one for THEM.

True, but havent we learned by now, that whatever we were being told by the so called health officials was probably lies and propaganda?   Check it.  Back then did health officials and MSM openly inform the public that the hepititus vaccines were contributing to HIV infection?    Did they also admit that gays and later heterosexuals who took AZT is what was killing a lot of people that took that poison?   Of course not.

So how can we take the word of health officials back then, when back then they ( the medical field, clinics, hospitals, doctors etc)  all were getting paid off, the same way they got paid off during the Covid debacle?   Of course they made a huge campaign about HIV and AIDS in the media and everywhere.  The HIV/AIDS plandemic was a profitable cash cow.   

Campaigning for HIV/AIDS was the only thing that was allowed to be covered publicly.   But you couldnt tell the truth about what was really happening.  You couldnt talk about the origins of HIV or AIDS.  You had to stick to the narrative.  A pandemic about gay males and IV drug use.   You can bet the stats were juked back then, just like they did for covid.   

I think it would be a waste of time trying to vouch for whatever the exact stats were that we were being told existed back then.   We were being lied to all along.   I have never ever heard any health officials or pharma companies from back in the day admit that they created HIV or drugs like AZT and killed people with it.    Most of my counter arguments is coming from independent sources Ive obtained.  And some POV are from just using deductive reasoning.   

But we can bet our bottom dollar you never heard those same health officials or pharma companies admit they created the HIV and infected the population with it.   You obviously know about the hepatitus vaccine program.  But back then, none of those health officials admitted that they were experimenting on gays.   We were all led to believe that gays were being helped.

Back in the 80's that was a well orchestrated depopulation campaign, not a homosexual pandemic that just sprung up in the late 70's.   And like many pandemics, when it was only unvaccinated and homosexuals that were getting infected nobody batted an eye.   But when it became apparent that it was not a pandemic of the unvaccinated or mainly from homosexual men......peoples eyes began to open up.   

People who thought they were safe because they were not gay men, and they were not IV drug users, soon found out they could get infected too.   Thats when it was revealed that we were no longer dealing with a pandemic of the gay or homosexual.

You alluded to the transmission of HIV infection being accomplished through the anus of homosexual men.   You also mentioned that men need to strap up in dealing with these prostitutes, and that we need to educate prostitutes about the dangers of them messing around with gays or trannies.   

If a man is strapping up with prostitutes out of concern of possibly being infected with HIV from that prostitute,  doesnt that kinda debunk the premise that HIV is a pandemic of gays or homosexuals?    Why should a female prostitute have to protect herself from an HIV infection from a gay or homosexual man, if she is not a male homosexual herself?   

The answer is obvious, it does not require an individual to be gay or a homosexual, in order to be infected with HIV.  The mechanism of infection is due to an infected person of any sexual orientation infecting another person.   

Moreover, what makes a gay mans anal cavity different from a womans anal cavity?  Are we to assume that HIV infection only happens with gay/homosexual men, but bypasses women altogether?    My argument isnt about who has the most cases of HIV, gay men or heterosexual men/women.   

Im only pointing what appears to be somewhat of a contradiction.   When we tell Sosua prostitutes to avoid sex with gay men, and at the same time we tell heterosexual men to strap up with prostitutes, that to me is an indirect acknowledgement that HIV transmission is not primarily a gay or homosexual issue.   It's about avoiding infection from whoever may be a carrier.   

What happens when a confirmed non infected gay man or switch hitter man is slamming the asshole of a woman?   Is she at risk of being infected with HIV?   I wouldnt think so.

Suppose it's a confirmed HIV infected strictly heterosexual man slamming the asshole of a woman?   Is she at risk of being infected with HIV?    In this case, Id say yes. 

What made the difference?   It wasnt because of the sexual orientation of the participants.  It was because of one major factor.   In one instance the non gay man was infected with HIV and had a means of transmission , and in the other instance the Gay person was not infected with HIV , and yet they were performing the same sexual act, but there may not have been any risk of infecting the woman.    Infection made the difference, not sexual orientation. 

Here's another way Im looking at it.   Two gay men confirmed and tested to be uninfected with HIV/AIDS.  If they perform the same anal sexual activity,  does that mean that they run the risk of contracting HIV or AIDS, even if they were never infected to begin with?

Im asking because I got the impression that a pair of gay men are at risk of being infected  because of some hormonal or chemical reaction going on in the rectum.  Something particular that affects gay men but for some reason it supposedly doesnt affect women the same? 

Is it you dont believe the same chemical or hormonal tissue damage and transmission happens with an uninfected heterosexual man pounding the asshole of an uninfected heterosexual woman?    If that is the case, would her risk of being infected increase if the man was infected with HIV?   

I could be wrong, but I believe the narrative of gay men contracting HIV because they have a particular chemical or hormonal connection going on in the rectum, was intentional misinformation that was fed to the general public.   

I believe the real story is, that a significant number of gays were directly and intentionally infected with HIV, and the transmission of infection among the masses was aided through sexual activity. (In the rectum.)     In other words, I believe the intentional infection of gays came before gay sexual activity.   

« Last Edit: May 05, 2024, 04:07:22 PM by murano2010 »
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

murano2010

« Reply #2013 on: May 05, 2024, 03:08:24 PM »
Another thing I want to add :

The HIV/AIDS scandal is so f--king similar to the Covid scandal that it's not funny.   It's like a f--king clone. 

Back when HIV/AIDS was a thing, remember when there were inexpensive alternative medicines and treatments that were revealed, that could work to treat HIV? 

What happened back then?  That type of information was not allowed to be publicized.  No doctor or hospital was allowed to administer alternative treatments for HIV.   No media outlet was allowed to talk about any such alternative treatments.   

The only medicines that were allowed or could be discussed was whatever health officials claimed worked.    Thats it, that all I wanted to say on that.

murano2010

« Reply #2014 on: May 05, 2024, 03:14:59 PM »
Saturday May 4, 2024

A totally bummed out day.  It was cloudy, and it rained so hard much of the night.   Im sure the streets were flooded as usual.   

I had a date with an old regular, that was supposed to come over.   Chick couldnt make it because of the rain.   She should be able to make it tonight.   

I dont have much interest in pulling the trigger with all of that on patrol talent out in the street.  I prefer dealing with chicks Ive had history with.    I admit, Im out of touch when dealing with many of the new chicks on the scene.   I cant even imagine them in my apartment, and having a good vibe with them.   

PoonTangClan

« Reply #2015 on: May 05, 2024, 04:56:47 PM »
Murano,

I completely agree; I also believe that HIV/AIDS was man made, and as far as to why and how HIV/AIDS became a pandemic, two things can be true at once. It was indeed developed in a lab, and it’s spread was also attributed to person-to-person contact, along with other forms of external transmission.

I also want to clarify and state that I’m not saying that HIV/AIDS magically appears only when two gay men have sex. One of those gay men would have to already have the virus, of course. What I’ve been saying is that the prevalence and frequency of HIV/AIDS and it’s transmission is HIGHEST amongst men who have sex with men, based on their preferred, typical, and primary method of sex; anal.

When it comes to STD and HIV/AIDS transmission, anal sex of any sort, even in heterosexual relationships, poses the highest health risk for disease transmission if the health status of one’s partner is positive and/or unknown. Unprotected vaginal sex also poses a risk, but that risk isn’t as high as anal based on research data.

Like I mentioned before, the heterosexual population has also been slammed by HIV/AIDS cases, and many of these cases can be traced back to the switch-hitter bisexual gay men that were playing both sides of the sexual fence. The gay population was always higher risk, based on their typical sexual habits.

If a heterosexual woman is having unprotected sex with any man of unknown status, even if he’s straight, both partners are putting themselves at risk. That risk is AMPLIFIED if that woman is having sex with a gay man and/or a man that also indulges in gay sexual activities (like f--king trannies, and that man, whether he admits it or not, is still gay, lol). That’s why I warn dudes to really strap up; because once the homosexual component enters the game, that switch-hitting population, based on their typically high risk habits, increases the existing risk for everyone.

If chicas are going raw with higher risk bisexual dudes that just finished getting slammed by trannies themselves, this spells big trouble for the straight dude that foolishly might hit that chica next, going raw.

To summarize, HIV/AIDS is no longer solely a “gay” disease of course, but the gay population is still FAR ahead of the straight population when it comes to infection. Because of this, when there’s sexual intermingling of gay and straight populations (like trannies in Sosua), it increases the risks for all.

This is why chicas in Sosua need to avoid having relations with dudes they see and know are messing with trannies. Those men are gay, and therefore pose a higher risk.

And dudes who are aware that chicas are f--king dudes that are gay and/or having sexual relations with trannies, need to generally stay away from those chicas.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2024, 04:59:03 PM by PoonTangClan »

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #2016 on: May 05, 2024, 06:24:48 PM »
Saturday May 4, 2024

A totally bummed out day.  It was cloudy, and it rained so hard much of the night.   Im sure the streets were flooded as usual.   

I had a date with an old regular, that was supposed to come over.   Chick couldnt make it because of the rain.   She should be able to make it tonight.   

I dont have much interest in pulling the trigger with all of that on patrol talent out in the street.  I prefer dealing with chicks Ive had history with.    I admit, Im out of touch when dealing with many of the new chicks on the scene.   I cant even imagine them in my apartment, and having a good vibe with them.
Concour Sirs you gotta have good trusted repaets on your roster to come over, especially if you have lousy weather   ,go hunting for fresh faces on sunny days,, keep a keen eye out for that new tenderoni new to the game chica or an older milf semi pro will fit the bill, avoide the new crop of tatted un friendly rachet hoes   That seem to hang out at Victors hatian food spot at the coner of Pedro cilante and DR Rosen, Also side note that coner bar right next door plays loud music ,how the hell do you sit ther and listen to loud shitty muisic    just saying !!

Viva La Vega

« Reply #2017 on: May 05, 2024, 11:15:21 PM »
Since this thread seems to be temporarily self hijacked, I would like to add my two cents on an unrelated topic.

If anyone enjoys watching a good movie, I highly recommend "The Sixth".

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #2018 on: May 05, 2024, 11:34:48 PM »
With Sosua being a freaky place surprise there arnt a shit load of ghost and crazy spirits, Like in the movie Ebenezer scrooge with the three ghosts past presant and future,,, be really scrary if we had past chica ghost haunt us or if we could tell the future,, ah my bad we already get haunted by chicas on a daily basis ! dont get scouged by chicas    or they my call you a grinch !

murano2010

« Reply #2019 on: May 06, 2024, 06:21:22 AM »
@ PTC all of your points are duly noted.  I do take into consideration the parts we both concur on. 

murano2010

« Reply #2020 on: May 06, 2024, 07:07:41 AM »
Sunday May 5, 2024   Cinco De Mayo

Turned out to be an awesome day, compared to the fierce rains we had Saturday night.   I went to the Playero early morning.   Then after I ate breakfast at home, I went out for a bike ride.  After all I said about local male representation in Sosua, I actually enjoyed the morning ride without the usual hustle and bustle of seeing and hearing motos,cars and 4 wheelers, or even a lot of people.

Since I didnt come out later, Sunday turned out to be quite peaceful all day, and night.  And no freaking rain.  If it did rain last night, I didnt hear jack.    My old regular made it over last night.   I was expecting a older slightly worn out looking chica.

Only to be surprised by her looking like she did when I 1st met her years ago when she used to work on the beach.  Slim, trim, and all of the bumps in the right places.

She's a brown Dominican, could easily be mistaken to be Haitian.  She has natural straight black hair, with no fake attachments, no fake eyelashes, or fake body enhancements.  Looking pretty good for a 38yr old.   Always had a nice easy going personality.   She's another one that I started dealing with back in 2015.   

She used to be my ex pretend girlfriends friend.  They both worked at the same restaurant on the beach. Back then, I kept eyeballing her for an entire year before we actually got together.   But once we did pull off a sneaky meet, it was bang zoom from that point on.   I dont think my ex PGF ever knew her friend turned out to be my regular, but if she did, I guess I had her blessing. 

Speaking of that ex PGF,  she might make it to my welcome back roster.  Only thing is, the last time I physically saw her.  I was not happy or attracted to the weight she had gained.   Her Whatsapp profile pictures had thrown me off.    At the time I met up with her 2yrs ago, I let her spend the night, and didnt even touch her.   I just gave her some pesos in the morning.

Now, if I find out that she transformed herself back to looking like she used to ,like her GF did, I would have no problem resuming hitting that.   Plus she is about 6 yrs younger than her friend.   Back then she had the bomb head.  A real follow through trooper.  No getting up to run to the toilet without speaking. LOL.   Just lay back and prepare for sleep,  kinda girl.   

Also, she had a very responsive juice box that was always nice and wet.  Getting her off was no chore.   The best part, when she busted a nut, she didnt turn into a possum, like some chicks do.   Freeze up and dont want to continue.   

Last night on my phone, Galaxy Girl and Round Ass both reached out.  And Blondie was wanted to come yesterday morning, but I told her next time.    Im like where is all of this coming from?   It's amazing, from me being away for several months, to all of these ex regulars all making themselves available for work.   Im partly responsible of course.   

While I was away all of that time, I did contact each of them or returned their texts when I turned on that chica DR phone.   I gave each an idea that I'd be back soon.   Then when I did come back, I sent a brief hello to each.   I rarely chase or set up meets even with regulars.   I let chicks do most of the pursuing for business.  But of course, since I was off the grid, I did have to give them some incentive, by telling them I was actually back. 

Like I always tell guys that ask me how Sosua is........Sosua for me, is a place where you dont need to cast your fishing rod with bait, because in Sosua the fish jump in the boat.   It does make me wonder though.  What were my old regulars doing all of this time, that they are available, instead of snatched up and wifed up?   

Is business slow for them?  Or is it, that they just dont want to miss an opportunity for easy money to be added to the pot?   Another way to look at it.  These chicks dont have much of a future selling ass.  No pension, no benefits.   They are all getting older.   These chicks age in dog years.

I met Galaxy girl when she was only 21.  Today she is about 33.  Technically, she is over the hill.  Yes she has a house, car and kids, maybe a savings account.   But other than that what does she have to show for the years she put in?    She's still a slave to punching the p4p clock far away from home.   P4P work has got to take it's toll on her, mentally and physically.   

Perhaps all of her efforts is not for her, but for her kids future?   The other regulars all seem to be in the same boat.  They all have families to take care of.  Nobody is going to wife them up.   Although, I do know one older American cat who was totally enamored with Galaxy girl.   Me and my buddy both kept our mouths shut, hearing this guy talk about how he was taking Galaxy Girl on vacation with him.

I bet he's not with her now.  He eventually got his wake up call Im sure.  She was and is a good provider.   And he was a new expat.  He hadnt got past his learning curve yet.   I wonder how that cat is doing these days?   
« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 07:17:06 AM by murano2010 »

murano2010

« Reply #2021 on: May 06, 2024, 09:38:53 AM »
My buddy who spent 5 days here in Sosua told me last night.   

The night before he flew back to the US, he had a super great time with all of us chopping it up at Fat Jesses.   

That little get together consisted of Sherman ( who had the Tree House on the beach ) myself, my buddy and his two friends from the states, Kerry who had the Zanzibar restaurant on the beach, and a couple of other cats that came by.

I spotted Sherman early when I was at Tiki Wiki.  He was driving by, and decided to park and come sit with us.  That was a rare thing, for Sherman to do that.  Because Sherm is usually always on the go.  I guess things for him have quieted down, due to not being involved in any entertainment projects. 

Anyway, at some point I asked Sherm to join us at Fat Jesses, and he came.  Later my buddies showed up.  Then we turned out to be a couple of tables full of jolly fools.   Sherm is a riot.  Always cracking jokes, and telling jokes he's got up in his head.

The main point here, is how much fun a bunch of guys can have just enjoying each others company without being focused on chasing women.  I do believe that part of the reason for us getting together is due to our concern for the recent death of a fellow expat and friend.  A fella that would have been there with us enjoying the evening, if he had lived.   

So even though we didnt exactly bring him up, I believe he brought us together.  The camaraderie that day/night was one of the things I love about being back home.   Good food, good company, good weather, nice "visuals" all around us.......and the chance to do it all over again another day. 

So my man from the states wanted to tell me how much he enjoyed his 5 day stay, and that last night out with the fellas was a nice ending to his trip.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 09:47:48 AM by murano2010 »

murano2010

« Reply #2022 on: May 06, 2024, 10:05:14 AM »
I found out that one of the expat dudes I know here in Sosua, moved into one of the recently built apartment complexes.   It was still under construction before I left Sosua last September.  Now it's complete.   The dude said he is paying $1,100 USD a month.  Gottdamn!   

Who would have thought that rent for a 2BR apt in Sosua would be that expensive?  $1,100 is 3 months rent for my Sosua Apt. Or 3 months rent for my Philippines Apt.   

Another way to look at it though, if you can afford to pay, then why not?   After all, if you die today or tomorrow, whatever you leave behind is no good to you anyway.    Im leaning more and more towards that feeling.   It's just I always felt that it's a good idea to have a nice financial cushion set up, just in case.   

More and more Im seeing expats dying and leaving behind a fortune that they never got to use or to pass on to others.   I dont want to be that guy.   At least for the time being, Im using my pension resources for travel.   Since my overall regular monthly expenses is relatively low.   

But sooner or later, I may need to consider tapping into investments and savings instead of it just sitting there gathering cyber dust.   Still, it's important for me to consider my health cost needs that I may incur while traveling, if my stateside or DR side healthcare coverage is not available when I need it.   I dont exactly trust travel insurance companies, although I think it's probably wise to get a policy.  Who knows if they really pay out?

Enjoy life to the fullest.  Splurge every now and then.   You only got one life to live.   
« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 10:09:28 AM by murano2010 »

PoonTangClan

« Reply #2023 on: May 06, 2024, 12:15:06 PM »
@ PTC all of your points are duly noted.  I do take into consideration the parts we both concur on.

Absolutely. Always a pleasure sir. 🤝

PoonTangClan

« Reply #2024 on: May 06, 2024, 12:20:10 PM »

Who would have thought that rent for a 2BR apt in Sosua would be that expensive?  $1,100 is 3 months rent for my Sosua Apt. Or 3 months rent for my Philippines Apt.   

Another way to look at it though, if you can afford to pay, then why not?   After all, if you die today or tomorrow, whatever you leave behind is no good to you anyway. 

I agree. Nothing wrong with a little splurge, but $1100 in Sosua? That’s equivalent to rental prices that can still be found in the U.S., and that’s kinda outrageous when you consider how much the dollar is worth compared to the peso.

It seems like people and certain industries in DR are bending over backwards to make sure that you don’t “get over” with a stronger American currency. They must really hate the spending power of gringos and try to level the playing field any chance they get, even if they have to resort to damn near robbery, fraud, or extortion. Smh.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal