global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Current Overstay Fee Chart for the DR  (Read 1959 times)

tugboaboat5393

Re: Current Overstay Fee Chart for the DR
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2024, 05:54:49 AM »
9100 for 12-18 months? That’s like 157$ or under 10$ a month. Definitely See why people just pay the bill and stay indefinitely.
Also why some can't afford to leave. I knew an old German guy (Hans, died 2022), drank at Cheers every day. He was there over 20 yrs, by the end his pension wasn't enough to leave.
20 years should be 168,000 DOP with 7000 added every extra year. That’s $2,862 usd with about $120 adding on every year. I ain’t getting stuck in DR when I can pay that off with one credit card charge(I have 7k, 11k and 17k limit is on some cards) but if you actively enjoying life and chicas I can see accumulat. I qualify for $900 disability(I’m not even 33 so I ain’t make shit to qualify for 1500-2000+ southern states pay is shit when you working in college) which isn’t anything but if I’m paying 500-600 in rent I can seee it taking about 1.5-2years of saving most of my left over money to get out of that situation. Money will be spent on chicas, food n more not concerned with going home. I get it, hopefully he qualified for more than $900.
  surprised no one  has sneaked out of the country by boat  if you pay the right person !

Damn Tug I guess you have no knowledge of boats
First of all trying to get on a small boat is dicey then theses several coast guards in the area.

Haitans are super desparate and rarely do they risk getting on a boat.

I mean I guess you didnt know but the idea of someone taking a boat to keys is ridiculous.

Anyone could just turn up at the appropriate embassy and get a ticket home and their government will try to deduct the money from their taxes.

Theres broke pats and theirs extreme brokepats that would be homeless incels in the land of their birth
I was reffering to a brokpart , sailors are cheap. meaning hop on a sailboat middle of the night o dark thirty....

I assume you're just not knowledgble about this.

I guess you think those WU payments that you send to your chica and the threat of Trump keeps your Haitiana from not moving to Miami.

A Sailboat. Ask anyone would they risk sailing at O dark thirty to Miami I mean it's a two hour trip.

It would go something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnb177dQczY
Ive owned over 40 boats in my 45 years on the water, small tug, boats sail boats and power,, yes it is possibel to go by boat from the DR to the USA folks do it all the time,,,,  Now depemds on the boat and how much money you have ,,,

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2024, 06:00:44 AM »
Get the Popcorn , !

Viva La Vega

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2024, 06:47:27 AM »
This hijack started by an off the cuff comment. I have a few questions.

What country would this German that could not afford the overstay fee to depart sail to? Puerto Rico? Turks? Honduras?

Where would you find this sailboat transiting to another country? Luperon? All the brokepat vessels there are quietly rusting at anchor and wont be leaving the country anytime soon. Any seaworthy vessel will be operated by a trained captain. No one is taking a rando on board.

All boats leaving any harbour in DR have to let the harbourmaster know where they are heading. If the route is within country, the next harbourmaster is contacted and told to expect them. If they are leaving the country they will get an onboard visit from customs and immigration, and processed the same way they would leave at the airport.

And guess what? when you arrive at your next country, even though the captain has informed immigration, sent copies of all on board's passports, you still get a visit from border patrol before you can leave the vessel. They know that a vessel leaving DR all the crew would have exit stamps. Depending on the country they may also require a visa.

So your observation is ill informed. That said, do migrants risk their lives and pile onto shitty boats to leave their shit hole country? Sure. But it is not a viable or economical way for anyone to criminally leave DR. Unless you are a criminal.

murano2010

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2024, 06:50:41 AM »
See this is primarily the reason one should not be hypocritical in behavior or in writing.  An individual appoints himself the thread deviation police.   And yet has contributed to deviating from what the original thread was about.    Doesnt like it when other people deviate, and go wildly off topic.....or on some tangent.  But doesnt have a problem committing the same offense. 

Of all people, the person who has a problem with thread deviation, they should be the main one setting the example for others, by not deviating from a thread's original purpose.  Other people deviating, is no excuse for the deviation police officer to follow suit.      Now me?  I dont really care that much, because thread deviation, or going off topic, it happens.....Im just making an observation.

Man I'm brutally frank It was a short but informative thread. Then Tug asked a dumb ass rhetorical question.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know how rough sailing can be so I answered it

I try not to bark on people all the time but God dmn If it's nothing to say then maybe people shouldn't just make dumb ass threads 24/7  about nothing.

If someone asks a question and I have imput I can have post a response without snark But it's damn hard You got n----s posting I hate Youtuber threads while posting some random youtubers vid.

You got a thread questioning western medicine like some rando is gonna have a class action lawsuit that's gonna shut down big Pharma

f--k it maybe we should just have some beef threads I hate all this pussy ass sneak dissing.

No one even said anything in the faggot ass Ladyboy thread.
Im not talking about anybody else.  Im talking about you posing as the thread deviation police.  But hypocritically contributing to thread deviation here.   I dont care who did what 1st.  Im not blaming them, because most here in this thread dont go to other peoples thread to complain about thread deviation.   Just you.   

In my other thread, I didnt have a major problem with thread deviation.  But then you came in there complaining about it.  WTF, it wasnt your thread to begin with.  If the OP doesnt have a problem why should you?   Aint no pussy ass sneak dissing here.  Im being straight up.  And Im sure Im not the only one seeing how you roll. 

As for establishing a beef thread?  You would be the last individual Id expect to start a thread like that.   There are too many receipts on this board that you wouldnt want anybody to expose on here. 

Now aside from all of that.  I dont really have a solid beef with you as a forum member.  It's just that lately, youve been sort of an irritant in my thread when you started complaining about something you shouldnt be.  And then I see you commiting the same thing here in another thread of mine. 

« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 07:01:17 AM by murano2010 »
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

crazy_canuck

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2024, 11:45:31 AM »
Why bother with life?
Nobody has ever come out alive.

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2024, 02:17:02 PM »
This hijack started by an off the cuff comment. I have a few questions.

What country would this German that could not afford the overstay fee to depart sail to? Puerto Rico? Turks? Honduras?

Where would you find this sailboat transiting to another country? Luperon? All the brokepat vessels there are quietly rusting at anchor and wont be leaving the country anytime soon. Any seaworthy vessel will be operated by a trained captain. No one is taking a rando on board.

All boats leaving any harbour in DR have to let the harbourmaster know where they are heading. If the route is within country, the next harbourmaster is contacted and told to expect them. If they are leaving the country they will get an onboard visit from customs and immigration, and processed the same way they would leave at the airport.

And guess what? when you arrive at your next country, even though the captain has informed immigration, sent copies of all on board's passports, you still get a visit from border patrol before you can leave the vessel. They know that a vessel leaving DR all the crew would have exit stamps. Depending on the country they may also require a visa.

So your observation is ill informed. That said, do migrants risk their lives and pile onto shitty boats to leave their shit hole country? Sure. But it is not a viable or economical way for anyone to criminally leave DR. Unless you are a criminal.
Sir all good points but leaving by sail boat is possible  Sure if you have enough money,,,

murano2010

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2024, 02:21:13 AM »
Post removed because, the points that needed to be said were already covered.  Posts relevant to the topic are welcome.  But no trolling.  It's good to have an ignore button.  It's just as good to have a remove button to manage the flow of a thread. 
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

Jazzy2019

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2024, 02:36:15 PM »
Apparently POP airport is no longer taking cash for overstay fees. Now you must pay by card. I left a week ago and paid cash; however, there was a sign at the booth that noted the payment could be made by card. I suppose that was a precursor to the move to card only payments. In leaving I was among a ton of snowbirds heading out. The overpay line was at least a 30 minute wait and almost everyone was paying in cash. The number of pesos had to be a substantial amount since most folks were hit with the 3-9 month fee of 5,600 pesos. Overstay fees are definitely a cash cow for the DR government.

Viva La Vega

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2024, 03:59:34 PM »
Apparently POP airport is no longer taking cash for overstay fees. Now you must pay by card. 

According to who?

Jazzy2019

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2024, 04:26:56 PM »
Apparently POP airport is no longer taking cash for overstay fees. Now you must pay by card. 

According to who?

Observations in rent days that were posted on DR1. As I said I paid cash a week ago. 

https://dr1.com/forums/threads/cant-pay-overstay-fee-in-cash-now.410234/#post-5731489

Viva La Vega

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2024, 05:05:24 PM »

According to who?

Observations in rent days that were posted on DR1. As I said I paid cash a week ago. 

https://dr1.com/forums/threads/cant-pay-overstay-fee-in-cash-now.410234/#post-5731489

Should not matter either way, banks will be happy about it, but none of the "observations" were first hand.

What was made clear to me last Friday (I paid cash) as I asked the question, is that it is in fact a fee, not a fine or penalty, and no issue overstaying as often as you like.

Still the best bargain, and easiest in the region.

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2024, 06:02:34 PM »
Apparently POP airport is no longer taking cash for overstay fees. Now you must pay by card. I left a week ago and paid cash; however, there was a sign at the booth that noted the payment could be made by card. I suppose that was a precursor to the move to card only payments. In leaving I was among a ton of snowbirds heading out. The overpay line was at least a 30 minute wait and almost everyone was paying in cash. The number of pesos had to be a substantial amount since most folks were hit with the 3-9 month fee of 5,600 pesos. Overstay fees are definitely a cash cow for the DR government.
Quick question are you still on the hook for the 18 % credit card fee fro the DR government on top of the over stay fee or is that for food at resteraunts, if so your getting f--ked !

Jazzy2019

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2024, 06:10:29 PM »
Quick question are you still on the hook for the 18 % credit card fee fro the DR government on top of the over stay fee or is that for food at resteraunts, if so your getting f--ked !

As Viva so aptly noted at this time is a rumor. As yet no confirmed details are available.

murano2010

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2024, 06:53:53 AM »
I can appreciate efforts to try to offer the members an update.  But you really shouldnt have typed that message like that.  When you know for sure, they are no longer taking cash, and know for sure that one must pay by card.....thats when you break out with that information.   

You seeing a sign saying one could pay by card, does not translate to mean people must pay by card.  At least not at the time you were there.   As far as I know, immigration accepted CC/DC for a number of years.  And the sign you saw was probably an FYI message for people who did not know they could use a card, instead of cash. 

Precurser or not.  It was not applicable at the time you saw the sign, that now one  must pay by card.   

A better message would have been to just claim that you think that there may be a change in policy in how overstay fees are collected down the road.  And just leave it like that.  Nobody would bat an eye.  We would just wait and see, or attempt to seek information elsewhere to corroborate that possibility. 

When you supplied the link AFTER someone questioned your message, your message begins to break down.  Now the reader has to make up their own mind on whether that interaction among DR1 members really has legs.   
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 07:09:05 AM by murano2010 »

Jazzy2019

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2024, 09:38:38 AM »
I can appreciate efforts to try to offer the members an update.  But you really shouldnt have typed that message like that.  When you know for sure, they are no longer taking cash, and know for sure that one must pay by card.....thats when you break out with that information.   

You seeing a sign saying one could pay by card, does not translate to mean people must pay by card.  At least not at the time you were there.   As far as I know, immigration accepted CC/DC for a number of years.  And the sign you saw was probably an FYI message for people who did not know they could use a card, instead of cash. 

Precurser or not.  It was not applicable at the time you saw the sign, that now one  must pay by card.   

A better message would have been to just claim that you think that there may be a change in policy in how overstay fees are collected down the road.  And just leave it like that.  Nobody would bat an eye.  We would just wait and see, or attempt to seek information elsewhere to corroborate that possibility. 

When you supplied the link AFTER someone questioned your message, your message begins to break down.  Now the reader has to make up their own mind on whether that interaction among DR1 members really has legs.

Did you read my second post? I've already did my mea culpa on the first post. That was 12 hours ago. Now you want to lodge a complaint. 🤷🏾‍♂️

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal