global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Planning trip to Blackbeard's - Taxi Questions!  (Read 559 times)

wildace

Planning trip to Blackbeard's - Taxi Questions!
« on: April 22, 2024, 04:57:28 PM »
I'm planning my first trip to Blackbeard's and will fly into Santiago Airport. The flight I'm looking at would land at 12 midnight. Would it be safe to take a taxi from the airport to Blackbeard's at that time? How easy would it be to get a taxi at 12 midnight at the airport? Also, the return flight leaves at 7:30am, will I be able to get a taxi to the airport? I will have cash on me so I'm worried about getting robbed. Any advice is appreciated.

Ltdan

Re: Planning trip to Blackbeard's - Taxi Questions!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 12:35:45 AM »
You need to make arrangements with them coming in at that time. The place basically goes all quiet by 11 pm it’s in a residential neighborhood and staff are usually gone except for a security guard at 3 am when you would be arriving. What day are you arriving?

Ltdan

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2024, 12:43:09 AM »
About the getting robbed. I haven’t ever felt I was going to get robbed. Every tourist is traveling into the country with money keep it in your pocket. I know a guy I’ve been dealing with for years dm me if you want his info nice guy no English but super reliable.

Just_A_Guy

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2024, 02:40:58 AM »
I'm planning my first trip to Blackbeard's and will fly into Santiago Airport. The flight I'm looking at would land at 12 midnight. Would it be safe to take a taxi from the airport to Blackbeard's at that time? How easy would it be to get a taxi at 12 midnight at the airport? Also, the return flight leaves at 7:30am, will I be able to get a taxi to the airport? I will have cash on me so I'm worried about getting robbed. Any advice is appreciated.

Why didn't you just fly into POP?

What was the price difference flying into Santiago?

Yes, taxis will always be at the airport when planned land.

No, you will not get robbed.  Lol

sosuajefe

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2024, 05:17:27 AM »
At that hour from Santiago to Blackbeard’s will be a trek. Never been to blackbeards but I know where it is. You wouldn’t arrive until 130-2 am. Not sure if girls even on site at that hour. I mean they are but it’s not a good time. You will have to go through customs, get your baggage then taxi and all that. Should have gone direct to pop.

Viva La Vega

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2024, 05:47:00 AM »
You don't know why the OP chose STI over POP.

Maybe he had to work that day, maybe the connections did not work, maybe there was a big savings or that was the ticket he could get on points.

The diff at that time of night will be less than an hour. POP to BB taxi $40-$50 and STI to BB taxi $80-$100.

Stones

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2024, 07:28:20 AM »
At that hour from Santiago to Blackbeard’s will be a trek. Never been to blackbeards but I know where it is. You wouldn’t arrive until 130-2 am. Not sure if girls even on site at that hour. I mean they are but it’s not a good time. You will have to go through customs, get your baggage then taxi and all that. Should have gone direct to pop.

The only BB chicas on site at that hour will be those who are already booked for an overnight stay with a customer. The rest go home. All you can do in that situation is get some rest and wait for the morning chica crew to come in.

wildace

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2024, 07:57:55 AM »
First off, thank you to everyone for taking the time to reply. Your help is appreciated.

I live close to the Orlando Airport, so I'm trying to fly out of that airport. The flight would be on a Thursday night. It's a 3+ hour drive to Miami Airport from where I am. There are flights to POP but they have a connection in Miami. The direct flight to STI is half the travel time and cheaper than the connecting flights. Plus, with connections there are always room for errors, which I'm trying to avoid. I don't mind arriving at 2am, I will just get some rest.

I don't mind traveling at night and arriving at 2am at Blackbeard's. Safety is my main concern.

Stones

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2024, 09:36:35 AM »
Wildace,

You can also fly nonstop -- roundtrip -- from Orlando to Santo Domingo for under $250, depending on the time of year. The issue is that the flight is on Spirit, which is really just a bad airline. Get some sleep at a cheap hotel near SDQ and then take the bus to Puerto Plata the next morning and then a taxi to BB. Not the best itinerary for sure, but hard to beat $250 roundtrip for an international flight.

Pussyrus1422

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2024, 05:36:15 PM »
First off, thank you to everyone for taking the time to reply. Your help is appreciated.

I live close to the Orlando Airport, so I'm trying to fly out of that airport. The flight would be on a Thursday night. It's a 3+ hour drive to Miami Airport from where I am. There are flights to POP but they have a connection in Miami. The direct flight to STI is half the travel time and cheaper than the connecting flights. Plus, with connections there are always room for errors, which I'm trying to avoid. I don't mind arriving at 2am, I will just get some rest.

I don't mind traveling at night and arriving at 2am at Blackbeard's. Safety is my main concern.

Why not take the JetBlue Orlando -Santiago flight 1265 which is direct and gets you in STI 7:20am. Pay $25 taxi in STI and go to a Caribe Tours Bus Station (La Jardine) to Puerto Plata ($5) which leaves the station every 30 minutes. From Pueto Plata you can take a taxi to BB. You could be at BB by noon time or even before.

Your return would be JetBlue 1266 leaving STI direct to Orlando at 8:25am ...BB can arrange a taxi to  STI for about $50-$75 which would leave around 5am.  I put the fare around $350.

The advantage you would have on the early arrival in STI is that the taxi can stop on the highway away from the airport heading in Santiago city at a cambio (change) location so you could get a better rate for dollars into pesos. Or negotiate with a taxi to go directly to BB and pay him in dollars.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 05:42:13 PM by Pussyrus1422 »

Viva La Vega

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2024, 07:03:49 PM »
Time and dollars. When we choose flights it's based on these two things, no doubt the best arrival and departure from/to Florida is the MIA flight to POP. But it can be pricey.

Something that i look at, but seldom manage to do as typically the rates are too high is a one way car rental. The airports in Canada that would work like this I can almost never get a rate.

Orlando to Miami airport one way car rental is about $50 plus gas on expedia, use your gold card and don't pay for the insurance. Not much more than the express bus and less than the train or a flight connection.

Two one way rentals would be cheaper than airport parking for a week.

INewton

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2024, 12:10:13 AM »

The only BB chicas on site at that hour will be those who are already booked for an overnight stay with a customer. The rest go home. All you can do in that situation is get some rest and wait for the morning chica crew to come in.

Stones,

I believe I have heard stories in the past of arrangements being made to have a chica or two waiting at

Blackbeard's upon a guest's late night arrival. For some reason I think Husker Dude or someone like

that posted his story on another site. Under the new regime it may not be possible but if do not ask

the answer is already no.

Stones

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2024, 06:32:14 AM »
INewton,

Sure, arrangements have been made, but it's not like there is a lineup to choose from at 2 a.m.

INewton

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2024, 03:12:11 PM »
INewton,

Sure, arrangements have been made, but it's not like there is a lineup to choose from at 2 a.m.

Of course a lineup is not possible but wildace could try the option to have someone their for his arrival.

Stones

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2024, 03:35:32 PM »
Yes, something is better than nothing. I agree a hundred percent.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal