global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Taxis, buses and other Sosua transportation.  (Read 9183 times)

SosuaSam

• Administrator
Taxis, buses and other Sosua transportation.
« on: September 10, 2011, 03:47:02 PM »
Local Travel

Motoconchos (Motorcycle Taxis)

The most common form of transportation amongst the locals. Pricing is about 30 pesos for anywhere within a three minute ride. A bit more may be expected if there is more than one person riding. Night rates are double or close to it. Foreigners may be charged more than locals but the fee is so small it is not worth arguing about in my opinion. Those guys work hard. You may see some of them driving crazzy but that is when they are riding alone. My experience has been that they are very careful when they have a customer. If you ever feel uncomforatable you can always tell them to pull over and let you off. I have never had to do that in six years though I don't need to ride them very often. At night check to see if front and back lights work. DO NOT ride with him if his lights don't work. Some of the streets don't have streetlights and without lights they are almost invisible to others on the road.

Taxis (Bus style taxis)

This taxi is the one you will see (usually a Corolla or Camry) going back and forth on the main street that goes through Sosua towards Puerto Plata (west) or Cabarette (east). They function like a bus as they are shared. Three people in the back and the driver and two others in the front. The person in the middle in the front will be sitting somewhat uncomforatably. The fee is about 30 pesos to go as far as Puerto Plata. You can pay for two people if you want have more room. These cabs are cheap and get the job done.

Taxis (private)

Airport to Sosua is 30 dollars. Other rates

Private Driver

Rates vary and can be a great way to get around and see things. If you do this, try to get a driver that speaks some english as he can double as a tour guide.

Travel to other regions of the country

Caribbean Tours
The Greyhound of the Dominican Republic. Cheap, clean, fast transportation around the country. Wear long sleeves if possible as these busses have their air conditioners set on high.

Metro

Leaves from the parking lot next to Texaco gas station.

BigYam6

Re: Taxis, buses and other Sosua transportation.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 02:45:33 PM »
What's a good rate from lifestyles resort to Sosua? For 5 people

DeeDaDon

• Happy Chapi,,,Happy Papi
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 02:50:20 PM »
What's a good rate from lifestyles resort to Sosua? For 5 people

I would assume its from $35 to $45 for your party each way since its $25 from the airport

BigYam6

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 03:27:52 PM »
Thank you... I'm going for memorial weekend and I am doing Recon... Any other suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Kakahodmak

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 01:38:49 AM »
It is so charming to say that it must be accepted.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal