Sosua Talk - All of the Forums below are for you to enjoy and add to. Share your story. Instead of just talking about Sosua, write it down! > Newbies Ask Your Sosua Questions Here

Western Union to myself for expenses

(1/4) > >>

bingoman:
I am trying to do a WU transfer to myself but the app is asking me to enter relationship to myself due to local laws (or whatever). The problem is none of the options matches what I am trying to do. The options are Family/Friend/Business Partner/ etc which is nonsense since the app itself gives the option to send to myself.

If any of you have done this before (I saw this suggestion in TMBTS elsewhere), please let me know what to fill in ?
The occupation options are also crazy, asks for what level I hold with the employer.

Sorry this is a very noob question.

stinqu:
Sorry never tried to do this. Maybe try MONEYGRAM APP. There is a place on Calle Duerte that cashes Moneygram.

Jazzy2019:
Just use Xoom.com. Real straight forward and owned by PayPal

Stones:
 Yes, you can wire money internationally to yourself via Western Union. If you are having problems figuring it out, just call Western Union before you initiate the transfer. Basically, all you have to do is put your name in as the sender -- and as the receiver. But sense this is obviously your first time at this, contact Western Union first so that you make sure you dot all the I's and cross all the T's.

Here is the Western Union number: 1 (800) 325-6000. Tell the operator exactly what you are trying to do. Tell them that you live in the United States and you want to send money to yourself to Sosua, Dominican Republic.

It will be that simple. Follow the instructions and your money -- in Dominican Pesos -- will be awaiting your arrival in the Su.

Safe travels.

jd66:
Agree with Jazzy
Use Xoom instead

WAAAY less hassle than Western Union
Plus with Xoom the money does not leave your account until it has been cashed and picked up so if you don't need to use there will be no fees.
Plus fees with Xoom are less than WU

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version