Sosua Talk - All of the Forums below are for you to enjoy and add to. Share your story. Instead of just talking about Sosua, write it down! > Trip Reports

Sosua not worth it anymore

(1/37) > >>

Travelguy90:
I just finished spending nearly a month in Sosua. I did enjoy my time, but sosua has been spiraling downward since PPP loans and Covid-19. Prices continue to increase while quality decreases. 3-4K request are denied(I tell them I’m good, I’m not not comfortable paying that a majority of the time, however there are some chics who instead push for $100 because they “need to buy a new iPhone and it’s $1000” smh) and you can still negotiate downwards, however that may be a reduction in quality or enthusiasm from the chicas. Many are time wasters and boring outside of smashing because of their personality not developed much(smartphones reduce attention span, you can see it in the different age brackets) so no actual high level conversations unless she’s 30+. The 19-21 year olds aren’t dumb, logic and critical thinking isn’t there unfortunately, or their priorities are thrown off.

Not saying it’s not fun but I can’t live off fast food, I need a cooked meal that’s been prepared for a while. Met plenty of cool dudes, at great food, most of my smashes didn’t require a blue pill to stay hard or finish. It was a good trip, just burned out and no desire to immediately return. Smh at the bridge still being incomplete, it’s no one there working at all. Weirdo locals doing locals things, children being annoying at night time, police officers running the girls off from rumbas so stretches where it’s nothing to look at but old grandmas and kids begging.

I went to SantoDomingo and similar issue with passed out drunk locals in tourist spots. Went to Santiago and other places and still was bored. I wasn’t annoyed thankfully so I’d prefer boredom to harassment. Sosua is still a good spot but I just have to see why Panama, Peru, Portugal, Kenya, St Martinique, and some other places are like so DR 25/26 maybe.

Flights prices were also higher than usual even when booking in advance where Nyc last minute still was cheaper than Fl to DR months in advance. Spirt to STI was more than NYC to POP. It was up to 6-7 guys moving as a unit at one point before we split up, it was a legitimately enjoyable experience just burned out and I only vist 1-2x a year, 4 times at max due to multiple birthday parties. It’s possible to spend under 120/week for a room with AC, smokable, room service, security, and near the strip, so definitely worth it if you planned right. I had a 8.5/10 trip. It peaked the first week. The price point increasing ultimately is what makes it not worth it. Jaco is fun but too expensive, you take a guy who only knows Jaco and out him in Sosua and he’s not returning to Jaco a majority of the time if it’s a weekend warrior or expat(70/night for the cheapest room with ac that’s not in a hostel) because 60-80 for what usual is a 40-50 chic will add up 56dop to usd atm instead of 50-52. So 4K is around 71 not 80. You can spin the math in your head but for me, if I’m spending up there, I might as well see other stuff vs being bored.

tugboaboat5393:

--- Quote from: Travelguy90 on October 25, 2023, 07:51:13 PM ---I just finished spending nearly a month in Sosua. I did enjoy my time, but sosua has been spiraling downward since PPP loans and Covid-19. Prices continue to increase while quality decreases. 3-4K request are denied and you can still negotiate downwards, however that may be a reduction in quality or enthusiasm from the chicas. Many are time wasters and boring outside of smashing because of their personality not developed much(smartphones reduce attention span, you can see it in the different age brackets) so no actual high level conversations unless she’s 30+. The 19-21 year olds aren’t dumb, logic and critical thinking isn’t there unfortunately, or their priorities are thrown off.

Not saying it’s not fun but I can’t live off fast food, I need a cooked meal that’s been prepared for a while. Met plenty of cool dudes, at great food, most of my smashes didn’t require a blue pill to stay hard or finish. It was a good trip, just burned out and no desire to immediately return. Smh at the bridge still being incomplete, it’s no one there working at all. Weirdo locals doing locals things, children being annoying at night time, police officers running the girls off from rumbas so stretches where it’s nothing to look at but old grandmas and kids begging.

I went to SantoDomingo and similar issue with passed out drunk locals in tourist spots. Went to Santiago and other places and still was bored. I wasn’t annoyed thankfully so I’d prefer boredom to harassment. Sosua is still a good spot but I just have to see why Panama, Peru, Portugal, Kenya, St Martinique, and some other places are like so DR 25/26 maybe.

Flights prices were also higher than usual even when booking in advance where Nyc last minute still was cheaper than Fl to DR months in advance. Spirt to STI was more than NYC to POP. It was up to 6-7 guys moving as a unit at one point before we split up, it was a legitimately enjoyable experience just burned out and I only vist 1-2x a year, 4 times at max due to multiple birthday parties. It’s possible to spend under 120/week for a room with AC, smokable, room service, security, and near the strip, so definitely worth it if you planned right. I had a 8.5/10 trip. It peaked the first week. The price point increasing ultimately is what makes it not worth it. Jaco is fun but too expensive, you take a guy who only knows Jaco and out him in Sosua and he’s not returning to Jaco a majority of the time if it’s a weekend warrior or expat(70/night for the cheapest room with ac that’s not in a hostel) because 60-80 for what usual is a 40-50 chic will add up 56dop to usd atm instead of 50-52. So 4K is around 71 not 80. You can spin the math in your head but for me, if I’m spending up there, I might as well see other stuff vs being bored.

--- End quote ---
All good points, latley i do a 7 day trips evety other month, down to one semi pro, im an old guy , as posted sosua has gone down hill as far as the chicas, and your right yah got to do other fun things than just sport f--k chicas,  i cook my own food , save money,  i still like the beach, and good weather,   but change is good meaning going other spots !Sosua it is what it is !

PoonTangClan:
Travelguy,

I appreciate your report. 🤝🏾

I concur with many of your observations and experiences. I was there recently myself, and although I had a good time, I found the attempted high quotes by chicas and the accompanying attitudes, off-putting.

I got the rates that I wanted of course, but I didn’t deal with a whole lot of new chicas this time around. I just wasn’t feeling how they were moving. On top of that, as everyone knows, quality is down, so there weren’t as many impressive options as there used to be around town.

Aside from all that, burnout is definitely a real thing. This is why I don’t do more than a week at a time in DR at most, and I try not to visit the same destination too frequently.

I’ll only go somewhere if I really have a burning desire to do so. A trip is always better and fresher that way.

justin_credible:

--- Quote from: Travelguy90 on October 25, 2023, 07:51:13 PM ---I just finished spending nearly a month in Sosua. I did enjoy my time, but sosua has been spiraling downward since PPP loans and Covid-19. Prices continue to increase while quality decreases. 3-4K request are denied and you can still negotiate downwards, however that may be a reduction in quality or enthusiasm from the chicas. Many are time wasters and boring outside of smashing because of their personality not developed much(smartphones reduce attention span, you can see it in the different age brackets) so no actual high level conversations unless she’s 30+. The 19-21 year olds aren’t dumb, logic and critical thinking isn’t there unfortunately, or their priorities are thrown off.

--- End quote ---

I can stay a week in Sosua MAX without getting bored. A month for me would be overkill and Sosua is nothing but a small mediocre hoe-town.  I'm extremely surprised that 3-4k prices were denied. Normally 3500 for me was more than enough, but maybe things have changed in the last 6 months. There are 3 facts about Sosua.

1. The quality is down
2. The GFE is pretty much nonexistent
3. Prices are increasing on everything (this may just be global inflation)

I'm not going to comment on service, because I believe that's always hit or miss. Personally, I've always had solid service with the exception of a couple of star fishes. I'm just curious if there is a lack of Haitian chikas with the current crackdown? Without Haitians, it doesn't keep the local Dominicans honest in service or price. Could that be the issue? I suggest to newbies (not you poontang) to get a decent roster of girls and don't be afraid to rotate the cycle every time you go there. Your first trip should be no more than one week max, especially if you just plan on staying in Sosua.

You are onto something about the under 30 women crowd. I hate to be mean, but they are dumb as rocks and have no concept of rational thinking even if it is to their benefit. You'd think, that a foreigner who makes 10X their annual income would have them foaming at the mouth and at least pretend to give a damn and at least provide good service and try to make them happy but naaaaw. They figure there are plenty of suckers out there or they just don't give a damn.

Attitudes are better in Asia and Africa and I soon plan on spending my time/dollars there.

mrgrind69:
It's only worth it for a weekend and maybe the Monday after. The street thug thwat's are fun to play wit but they get you tired with a longtime. Too much playing and fooling for me to bother with for more than an hour. Papi, Papi, Papi...

We lookin for new spots too. Might have to put the slippers on and do that Asia flight again. The choices are cleaner and better behaving than the Sosua ho factory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version