global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Western Union to myself for expenses  (Read 410 times)

bingoman

Western Union to myself for expenses
« on: April 29, 2024, 03:54:12 PM »
I am trying to do a WU transfer to myself but the app is asking me to enter relationship to myself due to local laws (or whatever). The problem is none of the options matches what I am trying to do. The options are Family/Friend/Business Partner/ etc which is nonsense since the app itself gives the option to send to myself.

If any of you have done this before (I saw this suggestion in TMBTS elsewhere), please let me know what to fill in ?
The occupation options are also crazy, asks for what level I hold with the employer.

Sorry this is a very noob question.

stinqu

Re: Western Union to myself for expenses
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 04:40:58 PM »
Sorry never tried to do this. Maybe try MONEYGRAM APP. There is a place on Calle Duerte that cashes Moneygram.

Jazzy2019

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2024, 05:03:06 PM »
Just use Xoom.com. Real straight forward and owned by PayPal

Stones

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2024, 05:20:34 PM »
 Yes, you can wire money internationally to yourself via Western Union. If you are having problems figuring it out, just call Western Union before you initiate the transfer. Basically, all you have to do is put your name in as the sender -- and as the receiver. But sense this is obviously your first time at this, contact Western Union first so that you make sure you dot all the I's and cross all the T's.

Here is the Western Union number: 1 (800) 325-6000. Tell the operator exactly what you are trying to do. Tell them that you live in the United States and you want to send money to yourself to Sosua, Dominican Republic.

It will be that simple. Follow the instructions and your money -- in Dominican Pesos -- will be awaiting your arrival in the Su.

Safe travels.

jd66

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2024, 06:29:08 PM »
Agree with Jazzy
Use Xoom instead

WAAAY less hassle than Western Union
Plus with Xoom the money does not leave your account until it has been cashed and picked up so if you don't need to use there will be no fees.
Plus fees with Xoom are less than WU

bingoman

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2024, 06:46:31 PM »
Agree with Jazzy
Use Xoom instead

Plus with Xoom the money does not leave your account until it has been cashed and picked up so if you don't need to use there will be no fees.

Thank you, just tried Xoom. It is also asking for receiver's id and the valid options are Dominican Passport or Cedula or Driver's Licence.

bingoman

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2024, 06:50:42 PM »
Yes, you can wire money internationally to yourself via Western Union. If you are having problems figuring it out, just call Western Union before you initiate the transfer. Basically, all you have to do is put your name in as the sender -- and as the receiver. But sense this is obviously your first time at this, contact Western Union first so that you make sure you dot all the I's and cross all the T's.

Here is the Western Union number: 1 (800) 325-6000. Tell the operator exactly what you are trying to do. Tell them that you live in the United States and you want to send money to yourself to Sosua, Dominican Republic.

It will be that simple. Follow the instructions and your money -- in Dominican Pesos -- will be awaiting your arrival in the Su.

Safe travels.

Thank you, I am already here and I have already used the 'Send money to yourself' option and the app fills out details correctly in the receiver (except the phone number). However, after the payment details page, it asks for additional details of the receiver, some local law BS (what is the relationship to the receiver and what is their occupation) which is where the user experience falls flat.

I have emailed them since I am already in Sosua, so have to wait it out I suppose.

Stones

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2024, 07:27:43 PM »
I still say Western Union would be the best bet vs. Xoom.

bingoman

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2024, 07:47:56 PM »
I figured it out. All the stupid ass questions in WU come when one tries to transfer more than 50000 DOP. Any value less than that is smooth sailing as you mentioned @stones

Was my first ever transfer so no fees and got a really good rate.

Xoom was showing 1 peso less and some fees

stinqu

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2024, 08:29:24 PM »
That's just crazy, who'd of thought 50,000 dop would be the cut off,lolol

bangoskank

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2024, 09:09:12 PM »
I don’t understand why everybody jumps through hoops to use zoom, Western Union, exchange money. I bring a small amount of reserve cash and i roll with a Schwab Visa check card. Using ATMs you could pull out $1000 a day. No fees and you get the current banks exchange rate.

https://www.schwab.com/checking

Hobby

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2024, 10:05:03 PM »
I have done this before but I went into a western union branch in USA and sent myself some funds.  The person behind the counter should understand.  Be sure to write the your name exactly as it is shown on your passport.  One time I did not use my middle initial because I was looking at my drivers license not my passport-the person behind the counter asked me to clarify and I thought everything was ok.  When I got to Sosua the person behind the counter would not give me the funds because my passport had the middle initial.  Can you believe that I could not get my own money because of the middle initial.  When I got back to the states I went to the branch and they gave me back the funds.

Hobby.

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2024, 06:52:05 AM »
Few years back tried 2 times to send money to my self,Same thing passport was different by the middle Enital , No dice,, then i thought ill send a few pesos to a suposed repeat, nah she only came back with half the cash and said she had to pay her rent,, Get the f--k out of here moment,,,,,finally my second repeat chica went for me,, we went by cab, i waited out side caribe exspress in Charimicos,, the chica gotter done, gave me the c cash in hand, chica went home to check on her kid,, balls deep and face painting later all good

Coochie93

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2024, 03:08:18 PM »
Agree with Jazzy
Use Xoom instead

where do you pick the money up at?

Jazzy2019

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2024, 03:30:23 PM »
Agree with Jazzy
Use Xoom instead

where do you pick the money up at?

Any Carribe Express office in the Dominican Republic. If you’re in Sosua there is one in Charamicos and one next to Super Polo. You’ll need to present your passport to pick up the money.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal