global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: ROAD TRIP!  (Read 1969 times)

Viva La Vega

ROAD TRIP!
« on: April 05, 2021, 05:26:46 PM »
Since i can not make it to Miami in time for the POP flight, i would have to overnight. This weekend coming the hotels are sneaking up to $150 and a car close to $75, and... I would probably stay a few extra days because have not been there (anywhere) in a year. One way to POP is about $245 for main Cabin.

*OR*

I could arrive same day in SDQ, rent a car and drop it off in POP (not prohibitively expensive), and take a little eastern road-trip before settling in for a few weeks. Typically i cant wait to get through the doors of BB or a hotel in Sosua to drain the tank, but maybe this little sightseeing tour could be the right thing. Not to mention the trapline in the rolodex, go visit some of the old friends in their own stomping ground...

Where would ya go? Likely i would stay in Boca Chica first night or two, head to La Romana, then Punta Cana, then back to head up to Nagua, mainly sightseeing as i have not been further east than Boca Chica in 20 years. Also, sticking to main roads and of course day time driving.

Dothedamthing

Re: ROAD TRIP!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 11:14:03 PM »
Depends on how much drive time and stay over time your talking about. With daytime driving the entire Island is at you feet. You can drive anywhere in the country for under 6 hours. I'm coming for a month and have no real agenda.  I had planned to do a week in 4 different cities. But after some thought I have decided to just go where I want when I get the urge to go there. I do have a few areas that I will day trip to for potential communities to build a home. After that I could be anywhere on the island until it's time to leave. ????

If you can't change the outcome of a situation then don't worry about it.

Viva La Vega

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 02:45:50 PM »
Could not get excited about arriving this Saturday after curfew. The eastern cape road trip will have to wait for another time when restrictions are eased.

A couple of days in Miami, easy flight to POP, an hour after wheels down i will be in the pool with a presidente and... something else that begins with P but my memory escapes me. 

Staying a month.

Dothedamthing

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 08:09:02 PM »
Could not get excited about arriving this Saturday after curfew. The eastern cape road trip will have to wait for another time when restrictions are eased.

A couple of days in Miami, easy flight to POP, an hour after wheels down i will be in the pool with a presidente and... something else that begins with P but my memory escapes me. 

Staying a month.

I touch down next Wednesday and it will be a carefree month. Relaxing without any agenda is always the best way to unwind. Sipping beers and drinks while sitting in the pool, sitting on the beach, out fishing or at the bar is always a good day.

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

• Master of the Dark Arts
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 10:16:18 AM »
I wonder if anyone here has driven around the island...or even across the northern coast...Monticristi to Las Terrenas. Given the time, I think it would be an excellent adventure!
Hat Trick Sith - Raw is Law!

Viva La Vega

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 10:20:27 AM »
I have never driven west, but made the drive to Las Terrenas several times. It really is a nice trip. The views on the toll road are spectacular.

Dothedamthing

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2021, 12:15:08 AM »
I took a few day trips and went past Monticristi to Pepillo Salcedo right on the border. Past Las Terrenas to Samana. And a few places in between both of them. Everywhere I went it was nice. I was trying to narrow down a place to settle but now I have a lot of towns to look at.

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 08:18:29 AM »
I took a few day trips and went past Monticristi to Pepillo Salcedo right on the border. Past Las Terrenas to Samana. And a few places in between both of them. Everywhere I went it was nice. I was trying to narrow down a place to settle but now I have a lot of towns to look at.

Sounds like a real adventure!  Besides gas, what is something(s) to take with you for a trip like that? I know there are real remote areas along the way. What should I take more of for the drive?

sosuaonmymind1987

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2021, 04:36:42 AM »
@Papi money, Spanish speaking skills, bachata dancing skills and the energy to f--k😂

I drive from PP to La Romana, over 10 days and stopping in diff towns. Great great experience. Best wtf moment was when I stopped to ask about a local bar in a small town and this older woman asked me to wait and told her granddaughter/daughter to get dressed and accompany me😂

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2021, 09:37:25 AM »
That's a great break!  Once in Nagua, I was lost and a restaurant owner put their 12yr old in my car to show me how to get to a small locals beach. Afterwards I tipped him and he walked up to the road and caught a moto back to town.  Great people!!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 04:35:33 PM by PapiViejo55-2 »

Dothedamthing

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2021, 02:35:45 PM »
PapiViejo I just get one of those foam coolers and fill it with ice and drinks. Have money and be well rested, that's it. I find the people away from the tourist areas to be very friendly and helpful. At no point during my traveling did I feel unwelcomed or in danger. I'd tell everyone if you have the time travel the island. It's not like Sosúa.

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2021, 09:17:52 AM »
I gots to plan this right! 

Giant Cooler with presidents, smirnoffs, fireball and rum:  Check!

Backpack with trunks, tanktops, chancklas and lotion:  Check!

Pesos:  Check!!

Chicas:  Check!!

Hot Girl Summer:  It's On!!!

« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 08:25:22 AM by PapiViejo55-2 »

Dothedamthing

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2021, 12:09:00 PM »
 😎😎

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2021, 08:58:45 AM »
I'm ready and now I got to get a partner in crime ready!  And we good!!

Pinoydave

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2021, 03:52:14 PM »
So what about local hotels……. Are there plenty away from the tourist areas??

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal