global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Mototaxi's (Motoconchos)  (Read 43867 times)

AllGoodWithMeNow

Re: Mototaxi's (Motoconchos)
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2015, 11:16:27 AM »
The motoconcho men are fine. Everything is not for everybody I know that. I use them here and there but I use who I know and they ride with respect and caution. You see the people using them all the time. There are some that have fear of everything and that is ok. But do not give them a bad rap like they do wheeles and zig zag at a 60 mile an hour with people on the back. Just don't use them because of fear not made up stories about them.

saveallsaints

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2015, 11:33:41 AM »
If a Thai mototaxi hasn't killed me at this point, I'll take my chances.

rocket78r

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2015, 06:31:25 PM »
I ride motos.  It's true that some of those guys are dangerous, but I don't recall seeing them race or show off with a customer on the back.  Yeah, there are no helmets or insurance so there is risk.   But seriously though, insurance?  You're in the Caribbean.  Even if people had insurance, trust me they'd find a way that it would only cover them and not you. 

Personally, I believe a lot of those guys are just hard working fellas in a country without many jobs.  Owning a moto is a job.  They aren't all hell on wheels drug dealing madmen.

The key is using the right one and using them right.  You should know the driver.  Once you find a reliable safe guy then use him again.  If you know a chica well ask her recommend one.  She'll know who'll be sober and safe.  Also they are for short distance rides like el batey to charamicos.  The danger increases on the highway like if you're taking one from Sosua to Cabarete.

If you're staying at terra linda or new garden or near there and you never leave the Rumba/Classico corner, you'll probably never need to take one.  It depends on the situation.  Personally though when I think about risk.  I think my risk is lower by taking a moto from rancho tipico to new garden at 3am than it is to walk that distance at that time. 

mp3

• take this money!!!
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 11:04:43 PM »
i  always take them from and to the airport, i usually just have a carryon luggage,,i think i probably give around 5 dollars

Don Pablo

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 06:23:07 PM »
WHOA MPARK!!!!

Dude, why put yourself at risk to save $20.00? That is just... I don't know what to say. Too many hills on that road, yes your guy may be safe, it is the rest of the drivers and riders that can get you in a mess.

And anyone new.... Choose a moto with lights, turn signals and mirrors. Walk away from the rest. I don't often use them, but depending on a bunch of things, for a medium distance, sometimes it beats walking. If the trip included going on the main road, I am in a taxi.

I would walk home to New Garden from Rancho Tipico at night on my own, the only way I would take a moto is if I had made a new friend, and we took two.

Crazy post.

Vanilla88

Mototaxi's (Motoconchos)
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2015, 03:21:59 PM »
I admit that I get scared but I love motoconchos.  Until I read this thread I thought that everyone used them except for one friend on the board who couldn't bear the thought of getting on the back of a motorbike with another man.

Shoot man, I even take motoconchos in the city in Santo Domingo and that is some really crazy shit, but it saves me a little cash and I get a rush.  They aren't everywhere in Sto. Domingo like they are in the towns but when you get off the bus at Parque Enriquillo there are about 5 of them waiting near the Expresso Bavaro/Expresso Higuey terminal, for example.

My favorite motoconcho adventure was taking a girl out of Blue Light in Bavaro and insisting that we take a motoconcho back to my hotel.  (At that place all of the clients come where their own cab driver who waits there for them to chose a lady or get action on site.)  The girl did not want to take a motoconcho but I insisted, and the driver was a Haitian dude who drove way to goddamn fast and at one point he just wasn't paying attention and he almost crashed into a curb.  I don't know how we avoided an accident.

There in Bavaro I use the same guy for most of my rides and he said to me on my last trip that I should brush up on my motorcycle skills and he'll just loan me his bike next time I'm there.  I don't think I want to do that.

My only complaint about the Motoconchos in Sosua in particular is that they won't tell you their price.  You have to tell them what you're gonna pay.  I wish they would just say 50 pesos when you ask, but instead they just tell you to hop on so that they can charge more once you arrive or they hope that you'll just blindly pay more if there's no verbal exchange.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 06:12:49 PM by Vanilla88 »

mp3

• take this money!!!
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2015, 01:45:51 AM »
You tripping @Don u in a foreign country hanging out late at night,patying,bringing girls to your room that u have no clue what they are up to...the last thing u should be worried about is the Motoconchos,,lol

MEMPHIS_RAINES

• "You can't stop what's coming"
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 01:57:27 AM »
Oh and forgot to add of course a very important which you all know...no insurance of course !

dude, go to any third world country and you'll likely find a needle in a haystack then find a motorcycle on the road with insurance.  Who cares?  Even if he did have insurance, what good would that do for you?  You going to take him to court if his insurance doesn't pay up?  C'mon ya all with this "no insurance" bullshit
This shit is between me, you, and Mr. soon-to-be-living-the-rest-of-his-short-ass-life-in-agonizing-pain rapist here. It ain't nobody else's business.

AllGoodWithMeNow

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2015, 03:23:01 AM »
Really observe while there. You do not see motoconcho's who's job is to be a taxi driving wild and crazy. You see young boys who are not motoconcho's riding a little wild to have fun. None will drive you fast and crazy. If you get on one just find this three words to say in limited spanish...No rapido por favor and they will abide although they ride respectful whether you are scared to take one or not. They may ride a little fast when you see like a dominican guy on the back because that is what he wants and used to but as a tourist they have respect and just trying to make a living.   

PMIdump

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2015, 09:58:58 PM »
I hate using motos. I will walk. Any long distances use a carro publico. The majority of accidents and deaths are related to using motos. This is why most Dominicans have scars. They even joke about it and call it a Dominican tattoo. If your a thrill seeker and your life isn't worth much enjoy but anyone looking to stay safe should stay off these things.Talk to Dominicans who use them daily and ask to see thier scars.

Indy_500

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2015, 02:19:58 PM »
Taxi ride to most of Sosua Hotel are [200,300]pesos (5$) a motoconcho is 50pesos(1$)...

Usually i take a taxi for the high heel chica from classico, the rest are up for a walk.  It's my opinion, but risking my life to f--k hundred of latina bomba pussy in Sosua is ok, but for a motoconcho ride just to save 4$ ... hell no.

PMIdump

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2015, 11:58:12 AM »
If you have spent any time in the DR you will see plenty of disfigured and scarred people. 99% of the time it is from a moto. After I saw firsthand how medical care is in the DR I stay off those things at all costs. Sure it cannot be avoided 100% of the time but if I am in the DR for 2 weeks I spend maybe 10 minutes total on them. I am not in a rush I will walk and use a car or taxi. The time I saved is worth not getting killed or hurt in a 3rd world country at my advanced age.

Indy_500

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2015, 03:49:03 PM »
If you have spent any time in the DR you will see plenty of disfigured and scarred people. 99% of the time it is from a moto. After I saw firsthand how medical care is in the DR I stay off those things at all costs. Sure it cannot be avoided 100% of the time but if I am in the DR for 2 weeks I spend maybe 10 minutes total on them. I am not in a rush I will walk and use a car or taxi. The time I saved is worth not getting killed or hurt in a 3rd world country at my advanced age.

not worth the risk even at 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 ....

Top 3 reason for a scar on a chica :

3: Herpes or another skin disease
2: Fight
1: Motoconcho (accident or burned by the pipe or engine)

Matt_RD

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2015, 01:57:06 PM »
A good one, very safe and carefuly guy, a great person too, can help find something you need
is always in the front of the Super Pola, near Caribe Campo is name Alberto :)

Shaba2

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2016, 09:31:11 PM »
I ride a motorcycle here in the states. But there is NO WAY IN HELL that I am going to get on the back of someone elses bike and let them ride me when I do not have control of the handelbars. Now if they had trikes like they do in the Philippines I might consider it. That sounds silly since they are just motercycles wiht sidecars that have a roof on them. But just something about the third wheel just gives me and extra sense of safety. I rode trikes all the time in Angeles because I did not want to bother figuring out the jeepney routes and only rich people and tourist that do not know any better take taxis anywhere other than to and from the airport. And that is only because you want room for your luggage to get to the air port in one piece.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal