global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Changing money  (Read 3688 times)

Bikininut

• Katherinepp
Changing money
« on: December 17, 2011, 10:08:03 PM »
Personally I avoid street vendor, you will find a Cambio every 500 feets, check your rate on the internet before leaving your Hotel, stop at the Cambio and ask for rates, if you are not satisfied just turn back and go to the next one. Keep in mind that these guys need to make a living so I personally accept a 2% difference. You will eventually find one that is consistent and were you are satisfied.

joeblack46

Re: Changing money
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 08:06:21 PM »
I exchange at the Playero supermarket, but there`s a small list of good places, safe and fair ( most important, open after 6 pm....) here`s the address: http://www.sosua-villas.com/sosua/currency-exchange

jstarebel

Re: Changing money
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 10:13:32 AM »
Personally I avoid street vendor, you will find a Cambio every 500 feets, check your rate on the internet before leaving your Hotel, stop at the Cambio and ask for rates, if you are not satisfied just turn back and go to the next one. Keep in mind that these guys need to make a living so I personally accept a 2% difference. You will eventually find one that is consistent and were you are satisfied.

Money Rules;

1. Change dollars for pesos at a bank possible. I bank with BOA in the states, and I'm able to go to Scotiabank and withdraw Pesos using my ATM without cost. I also get the current rate.

2. Only take with you what you are going to spend, and put the rest in the hotel safe.

3. NEVER keep all of your money (on your person) in one place. Always have a small stash where you can get to it, and the rest somewhere else. NEVER BRING YOUR WALLET with you..

4. Negotiate EVERYTHING, or you will appear "weak" to Dominicanos..

Hope this helps,

JstaRebel

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal