global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Over Stay fee cash or debit card ?  (Read 396 times)

tugboaboat5393

Over Stay fee cash or debit card ?
« on: February 17, 2024, 06:11:24 AM »
Bailling out Feb 27th STI   im sure i have to pay 2500 pesos for overstay fee,,is it cash or debit card ? thanks guys !

Jazzy2019

Re: Over Stay fee cash or debit card ?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 02:07:55 PM »
Cash

murano2010

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2024, 11:54:35 PM »
Bailling out Feb 27th STI   im sure i have to pay 2500 pesos for overstay fee,,is it cash or debit card ? thanks guys !
Always use DOP cash.   Never use a debit or credit card.   

Taylor Made Dreams learned a valuable lesson a few years back.  He didnt know that he had to pay an overstay fee.  Or at least he didnt know how much.  He only stayed 5 days over his 30 day tourist visa.  He was pulled out of the regular immigration line at POP, and taken to a room where they showed him a bogus overstay chart.   

They had him owing $151 dollars for a 5 day overstay.    The overstay fee for going over 30 days up to 90 days was only 2500 pesos at that time.   Not having enough pesos on him, he paid $75 in USD, and the rest they put it on a DC/CC.   

Even though you know the fee is only 2500 pesos, them muggs in the airport might try to claim the price is more if you arent paying in DOP.  Especially if you try to use a DC/CC.   So just bring the DOP, save yourself some aggravation.
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

nacho

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2024, 03:20:17 PM »

the overstay fees have gone up, the current fee for overstaying past 30 days to 90 days is now $3500 pesos.

murano2010

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2024, 07:15:41 PM »

the overstay fees have gone up, the current fee for overstaying past 30 days to 90 days is now $3500 pesos.
Thanks for the update on the over stay fee going up.   I left the DR last Sept and paid 2500 before the increase. 
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

stinqu

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2024, 07:39:51 PM »
Ya got caught on the increase too. Apr. 2023 paid 2500, Dec. 3500, I think it changed July 1. I thought they only took cash, pesos is the best way to pay as far as I'm concerned, usually have 10-15,000 left by the end for next trip.

Bat Man

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2024, 01:41:41 PM »
I know I'm very critical of some of the really most of the threads on this board but it's pertinent information like this that keeps me coming back.
At the end of the day this board has some of the best information about Sosua and the DR in general warts and all.

Now back to the criticismLOL

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal