global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Can someone give an up-to-date restaurant and bar review  (Read 4595 times)

Bat Man

Re: Can someone give an up-to-date restaurant and bar review
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2023, 12:59:18 PM »
Fat Jessies is Black owned too

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2023, 01:42:51 PM »
Fat Jessies is Black owned too

Isn't there a healthy smoothie place near Pyramid and what about the Donut spot?
Sosua = (S)imps (O)r (S)uckers (U)sually (A)merican

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2023, 03:17:01 PM »
Jolly Roger really racist?
Hell Yeah !

Jolly Roger and Mateo are up for sale.  Maybe an investment opportunity.   

Make dollars spend pesos. A bar or restaurant is not a great investment in DR, unless all the stars line up for you. You can count on one hand the number of successful (profitable) bars/restaurants on the street. Use your other hand if you want to include the beach.

I am sure if Matteo was making a living he would fight it out. Jolly Roger, they are just done, 15 years is a long time to keep going. Most spots operate under the guise of a business, the operators are really just self employed.

There are plenty of empty spaces around and places open and close under new names/ownerships on a regular basis.
Bingo !

Norberto61

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2023, 10:19:24 AM »
For the summer of 2023…
What’s good?  Prices?  Scene?  Chicas? etc…

Maybe you should read a bit and ask specific questions instead of asking people to compile coles notes for you on the entire f--king town

stinqu

« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2023, 05:33:09 PM »
 Matto has run a kitchen most of his life from what I know. He has been at, at least 3 different locations since I met him. He will move if they jack his rent when the lease is up. It could be the same for Jolly and they had enough! This shit happens allot in D.R. A place gets a 3-5yr. lease, puts in a ton of swet equity, make a decent profit in yr.2, then they try to squeeze him on renewal.   

Tex1988

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2023, 02:13:57 AM »

I assume Patti was the wife (sweet, pretty lil thing about late 40s early 50s) who owned the place with her husband.
This right here is why you can't trust it when reports come out about dimes being in Sosua ain't nothing pretty about her just an old white woman but a certain type of dude is just thirsty.
[/quote]

Says the guy who bangs trannies....I guess she's not man enough for you.

WT3

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2023, 07:25:40 AM »

I assume Patti was the wife (sweet, pretty lil thing about late 40s early 50s) who owned the place with her husband.
This right here is why you can't trust it when reports come out about dimes being in Sosua ain't nothing pretty about her just an old white woman but a certain type of dude is just thirsty.

[/quote]
Wait so you really think she is attractive sad.

hughgrection4u

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2023, 10:22:01 PM »
Here's my take. I'm speaking on the food & customer service only, not the clientele. 

Bailee's - average & pricey (by DR standards). Food isn't bad, just a bit bland. Only thing I would avoid is the burger. I'm not even sure that shit was meat..it was literally gray. Everything else is ok. Customer service is cool, but you have to hound them to bring your check & your change. Best to go to the cashier and pay if you want to leave in a timely manner. 

Flip Flop - Fried rice is great. The wings are good, but they're breaded. Still good, but that's not my personal preference. Bang bang shrimp is awesome. Overall, the quality of food & customer service are great and they have security to keep the beggars away. Prices are cool, but they don't include tax (28%) or tip

Rumba (King's) - Great customer service & food quality. The jerk chicken is awesome and I love their wings. Buffalo is my favorite, but it's not "American" style buffalo, so you may think otherwise. Fried & BBQ are really good as well. I tend to avoid beef in the DR, but that cheese steak was FIRE. I suggest you get the 6in unless you're really hungry, cause it's huge. Mac & cheese sucks ass. It looks good, but it has a sweet, sugary taste. Healthy options (grilled chicken breast & salmon w/veggies as well). (tax & tip not included)

Jamaican spots - There are 2 right near each other. Both suck. Try at your own risk. I tried supporting the brothers, but the food progressively got worse & the prices got higher. They're on the same street as New Garden, on the opposite side of the office. Can't think of the names.

Coco Loco - best damn chicken tacos i've EVER had and a great price!! Wings are average (at best) and the drinks are over priced. Like US prices.

Wings & Waffles - I'm still trying to give them a shot bc it's relatively new, but my experiences have been iffy. Got the rasta pasta. It took so long, i literally forgot what I'd ordered. Nice portion, but the seasoning wasn't there. Got the sliders next time. The menu said 3, but they only brought me 2 & told me that the menu was wrong (wtf). They offered to correct it, but I didn't have another 45 mins to wait. Heard the breakfast was cool, but I've never tried it. Customer service was Jamaican style..take that as you will.

Terra Linda (i think that's the name). Next to New Garden - expensive AF & very bland. Think European & England bland. Proceed with caution & lowered taste bud expectations.

Aside from personal preferences, the food quality at all the above places was fine and didn't keep me in the bano for the entire trip. Happy eats and enjoy!

Tex1988

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2023, 02:20:24 AM »

Wait so you really think she is attractive sad.
[/quote]

Dude....again.....you think LADYBOYS are attractive - to the point where you BANG them.

The fact that you jumped off the deep end and brought up dimes in Sosua - all because I gave a gringa props for maintaining herself for her age......shows how skewed your brain is when it comes to what makes any WOMAN attractive in her own right.

I suggest you reserve your blurred, mentally-ill judgement only for what you are familiar with.

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2023, 07:25:05 AM »
Sirs  places come and go open and close. like posted the few good main stays if they been there 5 to 15 years and provide good food and service they have done well in the rough and tumble buieness climate in Sosua, look at all the changes before during and after covide, and the anti hoe women mayor, things can chanege any time, so enjoy your favorite spots while there still here, Funny i was in sosua in september then returned in october, as an exsample the small open lot on the left going toward the sosua beach, where the locals will set up a table and play donimoes, was empty, sombody had set  up a car dealer ship had conex boxes as tiny living space then like houdini everything gone, even the lotteka the lottery shack demolised now back to an empty lot ,locals will use it as a short cut to get to highway 5 and playjero,,,also new is an other tiny bar where the old bermuda bar was, is new, was a jewerly store, and all so the small hatian food spot is recent as well, good spot to get cheap food and chicas will hang out there,,hit two birds with one stone ,get a cheap snack and a cheap plain jane chica !!!

stinqu

« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2023, 04:34:58 PM »
I loved the Bermuda bar!! What a dive, but the corner was great and cheapest beers on the strip lolololollo.

Irie mon

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2023, 06:01:47 PM »
A couple restaurants I don’t see listed and recommend -

1) Casa Veintiuno.  It IS the best in town hands down.  Just behind Sosua Bay.  If you’ve never been, take an evening and treat yourself.  Closed Monday - Tuesday.  Wednesday - Sunday 6p-10p. 
2) Waterfront over looking Playa Alicia.  Prices are a tad high but excellent food, ambiance and drinks.

That said, I patronize Flip Flops frequently and try to hit Nelson’s Bistro once a trip.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal