global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Question: What Can Ahnvee Do To Make A Comeback?  (Read 1118 times)

Bat Man

Re: Question: What Can Ahnvee Do To Make A Comeback?
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2023, 04:24:46 PM »
As of now Sosusa like stale bread, nothing going to happen, as far as changes they would have to bulldoze the whole strip down maybe in ten years in the next economoic boom, folks were in a down fall, look how slow the plazas bieng built, there going to be a revolt if the beach bars are closed or bulldozed,,not good,  Infastruture is lacking, poor sewage water electricty, internet were talking about a lousy 5 block area,,,,,,shit down town sosua cold look like the slum niebor hoods like alantic city in the 80s,,,,,as far as the hoes are concerned they will be there,  maybey not in large numbers The anvhee should convert to low cost apartment rentals , geared toward expats and sex pats,,,,,carry on sirs !

Damn you're pretty critical of Sosua despite being so committed to the place.

I get your overall point and like Panama even if it's severely overpirced you can be grandfathered in if you know the true cost of things but damn you're supposed to cheerlead the place.
I dont want to seem harsh, but those are my observations since comeing since 2013,,, i still go but, not mainly for multiple hoes just a few regulars !

I get it and I appreciate your honesty. Fall is upon us so you'd say that since it was a Hot summer it will be a cold winter but there's nothing like a good Snowstorm in Maine.

Have you had a good lobster in Sosua?

Bat Man

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2023, 04:35:31 PM »
Yep say what you want about Greg but the customer service is on point, The drinks are strong and even if the food is so so the atmosphere an attentiveness is on point.

In fact hitting on the mechanics and failure to think on their feet which is a global 3rd world issue the fact that even passing through you'll get the classic Welcome to Flip Flop. I remember just to be funny I walked back and forth 10 times and got a weaker Welcome to Flip Flop each time and I think it was one of the rare times he wasn't there.

Greg also hit on the fact that despite being in "Paradise" He doesn't really live a Paradisy Lyfe because he works 12 hour days almost everyday save for the odd vacation but even then he's live streaming from his "vacation".

Absolutely the average expat business onwer develops the Dominican mentality to business which hurts the business but I suspect that a lot of businesses run by expats are just ways to pay their Pussy bills so as long as it does that they're gucci.

My buddy with the business in DR would sell if he could but he can't. His businesses and a couple kids in the DR and he feels stuck.

murano2010

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2023, 04:58:34 PM »
Yep say what you want about Greg but the customer service is on point, The drinks are strong and even if the food is so so the atmosphere an attentiveness is on point.
The reality IMO, is that the staffs customer service wouldnt be what it is if Greg didnt enforce it.    When he's missing or gone, I believe they tend to revert back to some of their bad habits.     

The only thing that may prevent them from going off on the deep end, is they know that he has cameras set up where he can watch and record everything thats going on when he isnt there.   
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

Bat Man

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2023, 05:15:46 PM »
The reality IMO, is that the staffs customer service wouldnt be what it is if Greg didnt enforce it.    When he's missing or gone, I believe they tend to revert back to some of their bad habits.     

The only thing that may prevent them from going off on the deep end, is they know that he has cameras set up where he can watch and record everything thats going on when he isnt there.   

I know he had cameras that watched the place at night be posted a break in on Facebook a while back.

That being said the wait staff did say Welocme to Flip Flop every single time but I have been through there and didn't get the greeting once or twice.

Point being there's a difference between being an expat and living that Paradise lyfe and being a hardworking businessman in the 3rd world basically homie is a working stiff who gets a decent amount of pussy but he busts is ass so that he can acquire said ass.

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2023, 05:48:16 PM »
Same as meteos ,runs a tight ship, cute waitresses too !

Viva La Vega

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2023, 04:15:37 PM »
Just saw an ad for the new upscale Diamond Lounge starting this Tuesday!

At Ahnvee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w

Mr Back Shot

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2023, 04:51:02 PM »
Ok, what about cute waitresses and rooms for $60? Would you be willing to sacrifice and stay for that price? Restaurants and bars already on premises with other options right outside.

mvagusta16

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2023, 06:47:19 PM »
Just saw an ad for the new upscale Diamond Lounge starting this Tuesday!

At Ahnvee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w
that was funny

Thefiasco

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2023, 08:52:05 PM »
I would never return there after my first stay. The room was terrible.

The safe didn’t work. The jacuzzi was cold water. The shower leaked water all over the floor. The window didn’t close all the way so bugs were everywhere in the morning. The unused pool area was disgusting with algae and all the cabanas looking run down. The toilets out in the open was f--king beyond weird.

The staff was great. The main pool area was cool and the club was nice. The sports bar setup in the main spot was awesome for football I thought.

I couldn’t get past how bad my room was.

Bat Man

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2023, 08:58:11 PM »
I would never return there after my first stay. The room was terrible.

The safe didn’t work. The jacuzzi was cold water. The shower leaked water all over the floor. The window didn’t close all the way so bugs were everywhere in the morning. The unused pool area was disgusting with algae and all the cabanas looking run down. The toilets out in the open was f--king beyond weird.

The staff was great. The main pool area was cool and the club was nice. The sports bar setup in the main spot was awesome for football I thought.

I couldn’t get past how bad my room was.

Even though it's too far from the main strip I can't see why they can't compete with the Copa as an alternative after hours spot and even compete with Bailees for the early risers give the rooms over to chicas and let them hustle and restart the Restuarant/ Bars add music clean the main pool and have daily Pool Parties  for dudes not staying at a Villa.

jd66

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2023, 03:21:12 AM »
It could be a great place to hang out but the reality is crap management will always hold the place back.
The place has no long term prospects as long as the same dude is in charge.

Al NYC

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2023, 12:35:10 PM »
Why on earth would anyone want Ahnvee to make a comeback??

Bat Man

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2023, 02:21:17 PM »
Why on earth would anyone want Ahnvee to make a comeback??

why wouldn't we want a better resort/ hotel complex that caters to Men's needs and wants and it is essentially "Black Owned".

I mean all people do is complain about Sosua and saying The Su Dead B and pining away for a club that closed a decade ago.

There's a thread now where someone is saying he's done with the 'Beard because it's not staffed with 40 year old fat and faboulous aunties.

The Anhnvee could rebrand tommorow as a free for all Pool Party spot. If they did that they could be a great alternative to Rumbas and Bailee's.

Frankly the whole reason The Su is dead B is because they have a captive market almost no one is talking about Quality in abundance on the strip and people are going down dealing with their regulars.

For the Su to improve there's needs to be new spots, new ideas, new things to do and new talent frankly it's crazy that a beach town doesn't have a public pool party spot but if everyone gets Villa's  and people will come and accept what's being given there's no reason to improve.

The fact that Sosua isn't a ghost town now that all the other ho spots opened up shows that people will take whatever is given to them.

Travelguy90

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2023, 03:02:07 PM »
It could be a great place to hang out but the reality is crap management will always hold the place back.
The place has no long term prospects as long as the same dude is in charge.
i always figured some places get in there own way due to greed. Would provide an example but not really needed when something free and working turns into 500-1000 peso and everyone leaving eventually but the business is satisfied they made a short term profit

285West

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2023, 05:19:10 PM »
The most significant unforced error for Sosua was when dudes yelled, "Hold the line," and hot chicks fled - they knew their worth as they did not leave the island; they were all there.  Campo Chicks will be hanging across from Gold Gym tonight. You had people saying 4 and 5's okay, and you expect hot chicks to stay.  They bought Cuba Dave's book, who told them it's OK not to learn the culture.   Don't worry, Sosua is coming back...

Trip reports will be coming back.  The game constantly changes; you adapt or sit on the sidelines.  I keep saying the game does not catch feelings if you cannot keep up.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2023, SimplePortal