global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: I know Spirit Airlines is bad, but STI flights are dirt cheap!  (Read 2577 times)

Ted68

Re: I know Spirit Airlines is bad, but STI flights are dirt cheap!
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2021, 11:46:31 PM »
I know better than to fly Spirit, but the prices are enticing. I can book 2-3 trips for the cost to fly United or Jet Blue or AA. I travel Light with a book bag for carry-on, but the “self-transfer” between flights is gonna be a hassle and having to go thru TSA again. It is tempting. Maybe not both ways but at least one way. And they are mostly red eye flights. Input? Comments? Advice? Flights from my city are at least $500 and to Puerto Plata almost $1000 and that is losing a day because of layover.

Don’t f--k with Spirit, bro. You’ll regret it, lol. It’s not even worth it. The arrivals are late, you’re losing a day, and with Spirit, there’s no telling if they’ll cancel your flight the same day you show up to fly. It’s a shitty airline.
Knock on wood i haven't had any issues with them yet going to Medellin and STI and back home but just a matter of time I suppose lol. Probably won't press my luck next trip.

Ted68

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2021, 11:52:21 PM »
Thank you! Yea I’ve heard they cancel flights and leave you stranded. Thank you for the heads up
If you have a direct flight you should be fine. I fly spirit and they never canceled on me, but I fly directly from FLL to my destination. The bag fee is the main headache if you want to pack a lot but I can get up to a weeks worth of clothes in a personal item if I take my time folding everything
Yeah I don't check bags especially with connecting flights. I have that bag that fits in the sizer and I travel light anyway.

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

• Master of the Dark Arts
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2021, 08:38:34 AM »
I found a LAX - SDQ for $500 and think I'm gonna do it.  Everyone post "restrictions" is flying somewhere this summer and the airlines are taking advantage of the situation. Normally, the price for the same trip is around $300bucks!

Hat Trick Sith - Raw is Law!

MrNavigator

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2021, 01:13:31 PM »
Spirit is a piece of shit airline! If your flight gets delayed hours or with no real explanation, you miss your connection, people on there loud and arguing,or flight gets diverted due to mechanical failure/unruly passengers or you get your ASS KICKED.....you DESERVE IT for trying to be to cheap!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 01:15:15 PM by MrNavigator »

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2021, 01:28:25 PM »
I'll post a report afterwards. Haha

IP-JD

RealNicca

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2021, 02:04:41 PM »
I broke down and just decided to fly into STI instead of POP. It’s like a $500-$800 difference one way. I am not sure why it’s crazy but I wait to book on Wednesdays. But my trip was approaching so I had to just breakdown and get that STI flight. It would’ve been nice to get a POP flight coming back, but I’m not paying that crazy amount plus I used a flight credit I had from last year.

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2021, 09:15:22 AM »
The real deal for me is...How much discomfort can I tolerate for four hours? LoL!!

jack C

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2021, 09:37:29 PM »
I told myself years ago I will never -- ever fly Spirit again, no matter what. Has to be at least 10 years now.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal