Sosua Talk - All of the Forums below are for you to enjoy and add to. Share your story. Instead of just talking about Sosua, write it down! > Getting Here - Airlines Info./Travel Tips

Jet Blue To Buy Spirit Airlines

(1/3) > >>

Stones:
JetBlue Airways has announced it will purchase Spirit Airlines, a combination that would create the nation's fifth-largest airline.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/28/investing/spirit-jetblue/index.html

lazy_monger:
I haven't flown Jet Blue in a while, but I used to enjoy their service but have been told that they have fallen off hard.  I remember flying them from JFK to POP and was very impressed but that was a long time ago.  Spirit can't get any worse.

Travelguy90:
This is a pain because spirit had the 150-180 RT to Latin America regularly. JetBlue is overpriced. It’s back to Avianca, Vivaair, Frontier and other cheap options

PoonTangClan:

--- Quote from: Travelguy90 on July 28, 2022, 10:08:13 AM ---This is a pain because spirit had the 150-180 RT to Latin America regularly. JetBlue is overpriced. It’s back to Avianca, Vivaair, Frontier and other cheap options

--- End quote ---

This is why JetBlue bought them out. JetBlue was getting their lunch eaten by those cheap Spirit flights, so the buyout was designed to reduce consumer options. JetBlue is making sure that you have no cheaper flight options to turn to.

I don’t fly JetBlue or Spirit, but these mf’ers are evil when it comes to making a buck, man.

Texast:

--- Quote from: PoonTangClan on July 28, 2022, 10:48:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: Travelguy90 on July 28, 2022, 10:08:13 AM ---This is a pain because spirit had the 150-180 RT to Latin America regularly. JetBlue is overpriced. It’s back to Avianca, Vivaair, Frontier and other cheap options

--- End quote ---

This is why JetBlue bought them out. JetBlue was getting their lunch eaten by those cheap Spirit flights, so the buyout was designed to reduce consumer options. JetBlue is making sure that you have no cheaper flight options to turn to.

I don’t fly JetBlue or Spirit, but these mf’ers are evil when it comes to making a buck, man.

--- End quote ---

I agree, i'm all for capitalism but i hope this merger is not approved. It will harm competition for the low cost latin american and carribean market.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version