global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: The Rise and Fall of Ahnvee. Why Didn't It Work?  (Read 4882 times)

Viva La Vega

Re: The Rise and Fall of Ahnvee. Why Didn't It Work?
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2022, 07:00:49 AM »
Any one  going to take bets when its going to close, So does that mean weekend ballers got there wings clipped with the looming recession,  did they lose all there crypto investment's   Is it bye bye Bourbon !
Let's face it, Sosua attracts low end guests who need to work on a budget.

Weekend ballers making $1000 a week in 2019 could put $200 a week into their baller Sosua savings bag and once every three months could take that $2500 and come and rip it up.

Fast forward the price of rent, utilities, gas, FOOD, they are lucky to put $100 away, so the trips are now once every 6 months.

Take that $2500 now and look at the cost of a flight, increase in room cost, food and drink, maybe they are looking at 9-12 months to save enough money for a trip.

Some spots I work with are predicting a great tourist season, mainly due to pent up demand, others not so much.

PoonTangClan

« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2022, 09:00:20 AM »
It seems like some of you are low key hoping for Ahnvee’s downfall (closing). Why are you guys still so mad? 🤷🏾‍♂️😆

What did Bourbon do to you personally that you can’t get over? Was it that $8 dollar cover charge at the door for outside guests? Lol. Ya’ll need to get over that shit. Smh.

HitandRun

« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2022, 09:14:47 AM »
It seems like some of you are low key hoping for Ahnvee’s downfall (closing). Why are you guys still so mad? 🤷🏾‍♂️😆

What did Bourbon do to you personally that you can’t get over? Was it that $8 dollar cover charge at the door for outside guests? Lol. Ya’ll need to get over that shit. Smh.
Poon quit as kept, a certain demographic of people (you figure it out) don't truly want their brothers to succeed.
it is an inner gen of hating.
just listen to the over tones and under tones of many.
at the same time maybe Bourbon did not run the product correct.
he used to come on here now he does not.
I see a lot of guys opening up place on the strip which is basically food.
not sure how many ways you can fix food of mostly the same thing.
I still believe Bourbon should thank the Lord everyday because I heard his restaurant only succeeded because Rumba was shut down.

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2022, 10:35:16 AM »

No disrespect personally for bourbon  Im sure he willl  come up with a new venue mabey move to an other spot, Mabey there will be less guys acting like clowns and over paying chicas,,Venues always change. places has its ups and downs  things change, recent reports there a lot of newbie chicas on the prowl  also a lot of new restaurants ,  things are a changing  the hoes are still going to be just have to adjust  I kbow theres a lack of cheap or reasoable hotels.. he should lowere the price and let chicas stay there cheap. shit word gets out thats its a bargin for mongeers and chicas you can fill up all the hotel rooms   !!! have fun be safe

Bat Man

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2022, 10:11:00 PM »

Poon quit as kept, a certain demographic of people (you figure it out) don't truly want their brothers to succeed.
it is an inner gen of hating.
just listen to the over tones and under tones of many.
at the same time maybe Bourbon did not run the product correct.
he used to come on here now he does not.
I see a lot of guys opening up place on the strip which is basically food.
not sure how many ways you can fix food of mostly the same thing.
I still believe Bourbon should thank the Lord everyday because I heard his restaurant only succeeded because Rumba was shut down.

He could always Buy Matteo's Bar.

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2022, 04:47:19 PM »
Any one  going to take bets when its going to close, So does that mean weekend ballers got there wings clipped with the looming recession,  did they lose all there crypto investment's   Is it bye bye Bourbon !

Weekend ballers making $1000 a week in 2019 could put $200 a week into their baller Sosua savings bag and once every three months could take that $2500 and come and rip it up.

Fast forward the price of rent, utilities, gas, FOOD, they are lucky to put $100 away, so the trips are now once every 6 months.

Take that $2500 now and look at the cost of a flight, increase in room cost, food and drink, maybe they are looking at 9-12 months to save enough money for a trip.

Some spots I work with are predicting a great tourist season, mainly due to pent up demand, others not so much.
Just got back from a 5 day trip,,Even with the high cost of flights ,Christ the plane was full going down  this was a monday afternoon flight, the hotel i was at full and this was a 3 star joint on DR rosen  , lot of places going to be full,even trying to rent monthly ,places already booked, there was a good mix of passengers on the plane not all mongers, even with the looming recession . its still going to be a busy high season, till cost get prohibitive for travel and other expenses at home go way up, gas electricity rent ect, Who knows why the Anvhee is not the great spot like it was before,A observation on the strip there were plenty of chicas on patrol  this was mid week late afternoon, a good mix some whales , some fugly with a few spinners and cute chicas, So  Sosua is not dead! However its looky run down trashy,Honky tonk,,your still going to get laid,,You would think why not close pedro cilante to car traffic, put out tables and chairs,,spruce up the place its starting to look ratty,who knows,,,,,Any one know what happen to the cigar guy at the old bermuda bar location? now its a hole in the wall food stall with a few chicas and a few tabels not fancy  , have fun guys  !!!!!!

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2022, 05:17:06 PM »
You would think why not close pedro cilante to car traffic, put out tables and chairs

I remember when they did that several years ago.  It was great because we could buy a bottle of rum and drink right out in the middle of the street.  It was like one big crazy block party on the days when they closed PC to vehicular traffic, made it a walking street and put chairs out in the street.
Sosua = (S)imps (O)r (S)uckers (U)sually (A)merican

Viva La Vega

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2022, 06:36:36 PM »

Just got back from a 5 day trip,,Even with the high cost of flights ,Christ the plane was full going down  this was a monday afternoon flight, the hotel i was at full and this was a 3 star joint on DR rosen  , lot of places going to be full,even trying to rent monthly ,places already booked, there was a good mix of passengers on the plane not all mongers, even with the looming recession . its still going to be a busy high season, till cost get prohibitive for travel and other expenses at home go way up, gas electricity rent ect, 

I just heard about the term that describes what is going on:

"REVENGE TRAVEL" Revenge travel is the global phenomenon of people booking big trips to 'take revenge' against the pandemic. It could be to make up for lost time, to take that long-postponed trip, or to treat oneself after such a long period of fear and uncertainty.

I am seeing increased demand this winter with some folks I work with, not quite 2019 levels, but considering inflation, people are just saying f--k it lets go!

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal