global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Current Observatios on the Strip/PC  (Read 184094 times)

tugboaboat5393

Re: Current Observatios on the Strip/PC
« Reply #1740 on: March 05, 2023, 04:00:24 PM »
Well i thik he has a touch of Sosuaidous, the feeling after you have been there for a long time you get bored or worn down from the hustle, I know after a long time stay a month or more Sosua will wear on you,,, Greg will be ok  , Just have to calm down a bit !

stinqu

« Reply #1741 on: March 05, 2023, 07:11:58 PM »
Well i thik he has a touch of Sosuaidous, the feeling after you have been there for a long time you get bored or worn down from the hustle, I know after a long time stay a month or more Sosua will wear on you,,, Greg will be ok  , Just have to calm down a bit !
"Susuaidous", that is a fitting term. I've stayed for as long as 4 months, and learned you have to dial it back allot to survive more than a week or two. It's no longer a "vacation", you live there. Act as if you were at home, but in a really nice place to do it. Sure I'm not hustling like Greg, but the fact remains, keeping it real helps you survive.

Tex1988

« Reply #1742 on: March 07, 2023, 05:38:53 AM »
"Susuaidous", that is a fitting term. I've stayed for as long as 4 months, and learned you have to dial it back allot to survive more than a week or two. It's no longer a "vacation", you live there. Act as if you were at home, but in a really nice place to do it. Sure I'm not hustling like Greg, but the fact remains, keeping it real helps you survive.

Flip is "trapped in paradise". For whatever reason, he cannot go back to the states.

Imagine how you would feel sometimes if you can't go see your kids, can't see a loved one who's dying wish was to see you, can't visit life long friends. That depression impacts your whole life. There are times that he may be 'angry' about being in the Dominican Republic.

There is plenty of getting drunk and crying real tears of depression with these dudes. In Flip's case, he works hard and is able to visit other countries. But the bottom line is....how can he get back to NYC?

HitandRun

« Reply #1743 on: March 07, 2023, 06:55:41 AM »

Flip is "trapped in paradise". For whatever reason, he cannot go back to the states.

Imagine how you would feel sometimes if you can't go see your kids, can't see a loved one who's dying wish was to see you, can't visit life long friends. That depression impacts your whole life. There are times that he may be 'angry' about being in the Dominican Republic.

There is plenty of getting drunk and crying real tears of depression with these dudes. In Flip's case, he works hard and is able to visit other countries. But the bottom line is....how can he get back to NYC?
your points are on point.
it is a fascinating dynamic.
3.5 hours from Nyc.
it is imposible not to want to go home.
it is imposible not to go home unless you cannot.
the brother is trapped.
but is a mystery why he cannot return.
he goes to Brazil, Colombia, but not to the States.
I would be depressed out my mind.
so close but yet so far away.

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #1744 on: March 07, 2023, 10:40:43 AM »
I have seen the video and Flip Flop did not do a damn thing. The smaller Dominican guy told Flip Flop that he did not give a "f--k" that he was on live. The smaller guys told Flip Flop he was about that life bitch. The Dominican with the cap pushed Flip Flop's hand away once and even touched him twice in the chest. By the way, Flip Flop had the hammer on the table at the moment according to the video. The timing was perfect if he was ready for the major league. This is not the first time he had an altercation in the DR.

He went after the Mayor of Sosua and requested 100 hundred dollars on the behalf of the New York guys. Apparently, the Mayor was running his mouth as usual about New York guys and their sexuality. Flip Flop told him that a few of the guys were upset about his language toward guys from New York. First of all, you cannot get any props for challenging the mayor. Again, this is who Flip Flop is as a person.

He made a video about Miko Worldwide and claimed he knew things about the rumors concerning Miko. Straight up lie. First, I am not a fan of anyone who engages inappropriate conduct with any minors. If this was true as he claimed, He should have reported it as a father and a man. However, he failed to mention the Cuban Dave of the world. Why? Because he is selective in the people he confronts. Real gangster does not pick and choose his opponents. They take on all comers.

He went after Dean Cole because he bought a business in Puerto Plata that Flip Flop claimed to want. I guess he could not afford it or did not have funds. I saw the video about Dean Cole in its entirety and apparently Flip Flop could not handle his alcohol. He was drunk making threats and talking about what he had and done previously in his life. In my world, we call them "has been". Dean Cole made a response to the video and called him out. To my knowledge, this was the end of that. This Flip Flop dude is a jealous individual while he is counting shrimps, others are enjoying the fruits of their labor. He even went after Cerise and how she took his cook. Again, you do not get any props for going after Cerise and a woman. Flip Flop is an egotist and want to be something that he is not.

He may be from New York, and this is about it. I lived in Brooklyn before and most of the people in New York do not own a brick on the block. They live like sardines. Isn't it sad to claim and even fight and kill for something that does not belong to you. These are New Yorkers and most Negroes from the larger cities. Black on Black crime is their motive. Flip Flop is no exception. He was a rapper, a star athlete with scholarships, and a gang banger. I guess he learned a few rap songs, failed as an athlete, and after the incident with the Dominicans, it seems to me he has not even burst a grape. Sadly, why would anyone over 40 years old brag about being a gang banger when most of you just hurt and killed people who look like you over the terp that belongs to the other man. Stupidity 101.

It is difficult for me to understand why so many grown ass men kiss his ass. It speaks a lot about them as well. He claimed to have investigated others. Ask Flip Flop to land in the United States and we will know the real story. He is a fraud and an apostle. And those Dominicans men proved to me after I watched the video that he can definitely talk the talk but cannot walk the walk. Now, he will want to go after anyone for telling the truth about him. It is not where you are from that makes the MAN, but how far are you willing to go to defend yours.

I will not promote causing problems especially with the locals in another country. Of course, no one asks Flip Flop for his gangster talk and LIES. He is a narcissist working as a manager counting shrimps. I guess this was his goal as a child while playing in the sandbox. One day when I grow up, I want to manage a restaurant in the Dominican Republic and count shrimps. I guess he has arrived. Again, Flip Flop is jealous of other successes. For all of you who are kissing his ass, come up for air. LOL
Like a turkey fanning  all its feather or a peacock nothing to see folks move along !

bigpop1969

« Reply #1745 on: March 07, 2023, 12:53:28 PM »
I have seen the video and Flip Flop did not do a damn thing. The smaller Dominican guy told Flip Flop that he did not give a "f--k" that he was on live. The smaller guys told Flip Flop he was about that life bitch. The Dominican with the cap pushed Flip Flop's hand away once and even touched him twice in the chest. By the way, Flip Flop had the hammer on the table at the moment according to the video. The timing was perfect if he was ready for the major league. This is not the first time he had an altercation in the DR.

He went after the Mayor of Sosua and requested 100 hundred dollars on the behalf of the New York guys. Apparently, the Mayor was running his mouth as usual about New York guys and their sexuality. Flip Flop told him that a few of the guys were upset about his language toward guys from New York. First of all, you cannot get any props for challenging the mayor. Again, this is who Flip Flop is as a person.

He made a video about Miko Worldwide and claimed he knew things about the rumors concerning Miko. Straight up lie. First, I am not a fan of anyone who engages inappropriate conduct with any minors. If this was true as he claimed, He should have reported it as a father and a man. However, he failed to mention the Cuban Dave of the world. Why? Because he is selective in the people he confronts. Real gangster does not pick and choose his opponents. They take on all comers.

He went after Dean Cole because he bought a business in Puerto Plata that Flip Flop claimed to want. I guess he could not afford it or did not have funds. I saw the video about Dean Cole in its entirety and apparently Flip Flop could not handle his alcohol. He was drunk making threats and talking about what he had and done previously in his life. In my world, we call them "has been". Dean Cole made a response to the video and called him out. To my knowledge, this was the end of that. This Flip Flop dude is a jealous individual while he is counting shrimps, others are enjoying the fruits of their labor. He even went after Cerise and how she took his cook. Again, you do not get any props for going after Cerise and a woman. Flip Flop is an egotist and want to be something that he is not.

He may be from New York, and this is about it. I lived in Brooklyn before and most of the people in New York do not own a brick on the block. They live like sardines. Isn't it sad to claim and even fight and kill for something that does not belong to you. These are New Yorkers and most Negroes from the larger cities. Black on Black crime is their motive. Flip Flop is no exception. He was a rapper, a star athlete with scholarships, and a gang banger. I guess he learned a few rap songs, failed as an athlete, and after the incident with the Dominicans, it seems to me he has not even burst a grape. Sadly, why would anyone over 40 years old brag about being a gang banger when most of you just hurt and killed people who look like you over the terp that belongs to the other man. Stupidity 101.

It is difficult for me to understand why so many grown ass men kiss his ass. It speaks a lot about them as well. He claimed to have investigated others. Ask Flip Flop to land in the United States and we will know the real story. He is a fraud and an apostle. And those Dominicans men proved to me after I watched the video that he can definitely talk the talk but cannot walk the walk. Now, he will want to go after anyone for telling the truth about him. It is not where you are from that makes the MAN, but how far are you willing to go to defend yours.

I will not promote causing problems especially with the locals in another country. Of course, no one asks Flip Flop for his gangster talk and LIES. He is a narcissist working as a manager counting shrimps. I guess this was his goal as a child while playing in the sandbox. One day when I grow up, I want to manage a restaurant in the Dominican Republic and count shrimps. I guess he has arrived. Again, Flip Flop is jealous of other successes. For all of you who are kissing his ass, come up for air. LOL
Like a turkey fanning  all its feather or a peacock nothing to see folks move along !

You are talking to the wrong man if this is for me. I do not take orders real well as I do not need anyone telling me what I should and should not do. Since you are in that business, take an English class as it is obvious not your primary language. I have not said anything I won't say again period. DONE

murano2010

« Reply #1746 on: May 25, 2023, 05:39:28 PM »
Thursday May 25th, 2023

Man it's great to be back home.  Been back for a few days. As soon as I got back I had to tend to some of the same problems, that can happen with this climate.   When you dont use your stuff here for a while,  sometimes you come back and shit will stop working.   The humidity here wrecks havoc on electronics, your clothes , your vehicles.   

Full cans of aerosol sprays rusted out and leaked it's contents, just from sitting underneath the kitchen sink.  My rear brakes on my pasola froze up, just from sitting.  This trip my clothes were spared from mold.   I keep my closets opened, and windows opened enough to keep the humidity to a minimum.   I removed all of the batteries to my remotes, and cables and cords that were inserted in my devices.   

I learned my lesson from a previous incident where the batteries would corrode/rust and destroy my remotes.   My clothes would get mold and mildewed from sitting in a closed closet.   That didnt happen this trip.  2 UPS backup boxes, were dead when I got back.  They were fine before I left.   Had to replace the batteries, and now their fine.

Anyway, went to the beach today.  Beautiful sunny warm day on the beach.  Plenty of newbie looking chicas on foot patrol.   2 sexy Haitian chicks passed by.   Both on a mission headed down where many of the white guys hang out.   But before they got that far,  they each had got attention from BM that wanted their number.   

Looked like the typical stop, put number in a guys phone and keep it moving.   Fine ass chicks but almost no personality.   Thats because exchanging numbers is so routine,  very often nobody take the other seriously.   And its quite possible these Haitian chicks are not really interested in the guys stopping them.   Especially since nobody is going above or beyond taking chicks numbers.   No offers to sit down.  No offers of a drink or food.    But down the beach path where they were headed, they will get hydrated and fed just by the way they look.   

It was nice just kicking it with the fellas.  3 of them were on vacation, and 3 of us live here.   Sosua is the best place for me for socializing with mature men.   That includes some white guys as well.   The ones that dont have a problem with brothers.    I have a bunch of brothers that come from Chi town.    They stay near Europa, but they sometimes go to Plan B for food or drink.   Most of the time,  were accepted up in Plan B.   But every now and then, there may be some asshole white dude, drunk and trying to cause trouble.

But me and my dudes are a class act.  All of them cats except me, are over 6 2, but wouldnt hurt a fly and totally ignored the drunk white guy fussing at us because of the music the staff was playing.   Music we didnt ask to be played.    Im like this, I dont care what color you are.   If you can be civil with me,  I can be civil with you.   If anything we were hoping he didnt do something crazy like attack any of us,  or throw something which might lead to us to mitigate his problem.   

Anyway,  it was a great day.   While cruising around town the last couple of days, I see some of the construction going on.   I see they are f--king up the highway again.   Instead of making the roads wider,  they are narrowing the road.  Now it may be more difficult to pass cars making turns.   Im assuming they are trying to make sidewalks?   

Stopped in the Playero.   I see some imported items is sky high.   I bought an electric kettle for 2700 pesos, and then see the exact same thing on Amazon for 1/2 the price.   Except it wasnt Black & Decker like the one in Playero.    I saw a quart of beverage that looked like egg nog.  It was almost 500 pesos???

Some prices for fruit at the market is crazy.   Today Flip Flop had a lady named Jay cooking some of her specialty dishes.   She used to cook out of her house in PP 2 yrs ago.   It was called Jays Juke Joint.   She would make a spread of food at her place, and then have people come by reservation.   Food and selection was good.   1,000 pesos would get you very well fed and hydrated.   

« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 05:44:54 PM by murano2010 »
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #1747 on: May 25, 2023, 06:04:40 PM »
You got Right ,items at Playjero Double US prices !

stinqu

« Reply #1748 on: May 25, 2023, 06:33:41 PM »
Import prices way up, you have to buy local stuff if you can, Bavaro is worse than than North Coast for prices, even for domestic things.

murano2010

« Reply #1749 on: May 27, 2023, 03:57:42 PM »
Friday, March 26th 2023

Was a great day!  1st started off at the beach.  Had lunch.   Same chicks on patrol, but I never get tired of chica watching.   2 weeks ago while in the states, I dined out with friends.   One was a Spanish restaurant we usually go to, and the other was at Tops restaurant in East Newark. 

Both places I consider the food to be kinda pricey.   Me and my buddy had lamb burgers.   $23 each for something that did not have any special flavor whatsoever.  To us , it tasted just like a beef burger.  His wife had some seafood platter.   Then the drinks.   After were done the bill is about $142 with the tip.   Too me, thats too much money to be spending on dining out.   

The total markup has nothing to do with the quality of the food, and all about paying for the ambiance of eating there.   Everytime I come back to the states, I think about what it must be like going on lunch or dinner dates with chicks.  Spending up to $200 for food, with someone who aint coming up with a dime towards the bill.    I couldnt do it.   Which leads me to this :

On the beach Thursday I had the fried red snapper with yellow rice, salad and veggies, a soft drink, and a grande beer for my buddy.  All of that, I paid 1600 pesos with tip.   $29.    Then yesterday my other buddy bought me lunch ( fried wings, with salad, yellow rice with garlic sauce ) and a soft drink which was 900 pesos.   $17.   

Im bringing this up because,  when Im living here full time,  the prices have surely risen in the last year dining in Sosua.   But when I compare it to what dining out costs in the states,  Sosua is a f--king bargain.

Maybe my sentiments is why guys come to the DR to over pay for pussy?   

Anyway, later last night a group of us got together and ate at the Mile High bar/restaurant on Pedro Clisante.  The food was cooked and prepared by Kerry at home, and brought to Mile High.  Kerry is the dude that had the Zanizibar restaurant/bar on the beach.   Then, Fat Jesses downstairs donated some fried fish and coleslaw to add to our party.  He was making a small investment, since all of us are customers of his anyway.    We had mac n cheese w/shrimp,  turkey sausage and cabbage, cornbread, the fried fish, the coleslaw.

The fellowshipping was great.  A select bunch of mature guys asked to meet up for dinner.   With all of us blessing the cook with some pesos for his effort.   The music was on point, because Fat Jesse has a dude that operates Karaoke downstairs.  So we were listening to the old school R&B he was playing before the karaoke got started.   

Truly a good night,  just for men.    I dont know anywhere else in my travels that I get this level of interaction with decent guys.   Most of us there were expats.  Some were relatively new expats with about 2yrs or less on the books.   Im sure the guys there that were on vacation, they enjoyed themselves too.   Getting together like that, could turn into a regular thing.   
Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit.  The words enough, some, many , to whom it applies to, does not mean ALL of any people, places or things.  If you cant, dont or wont learn from friends, family or your peers, dont worry the locals will teach you, and you will learn the hard way.

Viva La Vega

« Reply #1750 on: May 27, 2023, 04:39:05 PM »
Friday, March 26th 2023

Truly a good night,  just for men.    I dont know anywhere else in my travels that I get this level of interaction with decent guys.   Most of us there were expats.  Some were relatively new expats with about 2yrs or less on the books.   Im sure the guys there that were on vacation, they enjoyed themselves too.   Getting together like that, could turn into a regular thing.   

I had an old pal visit me recently. He easily dropped into the small group of men I have coffee with a couple of times a week and every Wednesday night for dinner. Sometimes you take your friends for granted. The visitor said he wished he had a group at home he could hang with on a regular basis.

murano2010

« Reply #1751 on: May 27, 2023, 05:03:45 PM »
Friday, March 26th 2023

I had an old pal visit me recently. He easily dropped into the small group of men I have coffee with a couple of times a week and every Wednesday night for dinner. Sometimes you take your friends for granted. The visitor said he wished he had a group at home he could hang with on a regular basis.
WORD!   Sometimes where were from, everybody is so busy.   Quality get togethers are becoming scarce.   That sometimes also goes for family back home.

WT3

« Reply #1752 on: May 27, 2023, 08:37:43 PM »
Friday, March 26th 2023

Kerry is the dude that had the Zanizibar restaurant/bar on the beach. 

Hey I ran into him a few months back it couldn't been last year to be honest I lose track of time in treetown in Pattaya he told me he was moving to Pattaya did he change his mind.

murano2010

« Reply #1753 on: May 28, 2023, 08:03:18 AM »
Friday, March 26th 2023

Hey I ran into him a few months back it couldn't been last year to be honest I lose track of time in treetown in Pattaya he told me he was moving to Pattaya did he change his mind.
Yes he changed his mind.  His 1st visit to TL and Pattaya according to him, he had a blast.  Everything was all new to him, and it was a major change from Sosua.  Sosua I think had worn him down from being bogged down trying to run a business so soon after starting to live in the DR. 

Plus he had never been anywhere in several years.  So after he closed the business, he finally decided to put his travel wings on.   When he left Pattaya after the 1st visit,  he said he needed to go back to see if he could really live in TL.   His 2nd visit confirmed for him that living in TL full time was not really for him.   

Now, I think he has realized,  that he should just stick to traveling.   I dont think Im out of line saying this.  But he shared with me, he felt that the camaraderie and maintaining connections with the expats in TL was not as tightknit as he was accustomed to in the DR.   

WT3

« Reply #1754 on: May 28, 2023, 03:42:15 PM »
Friday, March 26th 2023

Yes he changed his mind.  His 1st visit to TL and Pattaya according to him, he had a blast.  Everything was all new to him, and it was a major change from Sosua.  Sosua I think had worn him down from being bogged down trying to run a business so soon after starting to live in the DR. 

Plus he had never been anywhere in several years.  So after he closed the business, he finally decided to put his travel wings on.   When he left Pattaya after the 1st visit,  he said he needed to go back to see if he could really live in TL.   His 2nd visit confirmed for him that living in TL full time was not really for him.   

Now, I think he has realized,  that he should just stick to traveling.   I dont think Im out of line saying this.  But he shared with me, he felt that the camaraderie and maintaining connections with the expats in TL was not as tightknit as he was accustomed to in the DR.   

Oh really interesting I don't really hang in that group but know a few of the members of the black expat guys here and the bars they all go to and they seem pretty tight. I don't like being in the black expat groups because you miss out on some of the other scene Pattaya has to offer what I mean by that those guys don't really like go go bars and only really go to the black clubs like 808 or Flexx so when it comes to chick your getting the groupie type chicks that every other black dude in town knows.

Yea the camaraderie in Sosua is great even for dudes just visiting. Angeles city was kinda like that but more so for guys that were in the Military the only thing I thought about it there is that there aren't many younger dudes around.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal