global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: 2 Months in Sosua (Unbiased Report)  (Read 4236 times)

jd66

Re: 2 Months in Sosua (Unbiased Report)
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2021, 12:43:54 PM »
There is no US database

Vaccination records are maintained by individual states.
You can get a copy of your own record and medical professionals have access to it but no international country will ever likely have access to it

Save your immunization card

The Health passports are not likely to happen anytime soon
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 02:55:18 PM by jd66 »

marachi4

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2021, 03:40:07 PM »
Never did a month in Sosua let alone 3 so i commend you for that. Curious though, did you ever end up getting a local bank account and wiring money, or did you stick to atms and WesternUnion? I definitely do the two hours two leches question myself. Helps me negotiate a lower rate ala 1500–1800 for one, 2500-3500 for two.

I brought cash and used the atm at ban reserva they allow you to take up to 40,000 pesos per withdraw

stinqu

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2021, 06:35:12 PM »
This is a great report, to the point!! I am so glad to here that nothing has changed from when I was last there in Jan.-Mar. 2020. Anyone that has stayed for months knows how to move, the chicas know who you are, and you can laugh at the ones that try to game you. It's a big advantage once they get that you are no fool.

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2021, 06:47:05 PM »
Sirs Always have back ups to back ups  my last trip in march was a horror show with compromised  ATMs and Carribe exspress  basically   blew my budget and needed cash.  Atm was comprimised  luckily I had a good trusted chica to send cash to   Sirs Have 2 ATM cards one as a back up  or a good relative or friend to send emergency cash  Western union or Caribe exspress.  FYI try Ed to send money to my self second horror  show agent would not dispense the cash.  be safe sirs

Dothedamthing

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2021, 09:09:05 PM »
Never did a month in Sosua let alone 3 so i commend you for that. Curious though, did you ever end up getting a local bank account and wiring money, or did you stick to atms and WesternUnion? I definitely do the two hours two leches question myself. Helps me negotiate a lower rate ala 1500–1800 for one, 2500-3500 for two.

I brought cash and used the atm at ban reserva they allow you to take up to 40,000 pesos per withdraw

When I was there in April I opened up two accounts with BanReservas. One Peso and one US dollar account. I can come to town and deposite the money I bring into my US account and transfer to my Peso account as needed. I don't get charged the international ATM fee and secondary fees from my home bank. Luckily my bank covers the first $50 of any atm fees. I keep a minimum of 5k Pesos in my Pesos account and $300 minimum in my US account. I have a debit card for each one. It also makes wiring money to myself easier. Once you've done the first money transfer between the two banks, which takes more steps to do, it's easy from there. Now the cost is about $30-$45 per transaction but worth it if you're in a bind. Most banks allow you to do this online.
If you can't change the outcome of a situation then don't worry about it.

Artbell1

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2021, 01:51:44 AM »
That is good intel on Banreservas.

I was thinking of opening up an account on my next trip.

Banreservas may be the way to go.

Thank you Dothedamthing!

JD

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

• Master of the Dark Arts
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2021, 08:13:17 AM »
Imho...Its a great idea for anyone that wants to continue making at least three visits to the DR each year. The savings from fees and ease of funding access is worth it.
Hat Trick Sith - Raw is Law!

jazzieshane

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2021, 09:35:53 PM »
I was thinking about opening an account as well--one peso and one dollar.  But I keep getting different information on the prerequisites.  It seems they want a whole bunch of stuff for foreigners:  Letter from my bank that says I'm in good standing, local references, bank statements,  job letter, ss card, birth certificate, passport, drivers license.  what the f--k, am I opening a bank account or is this a job interview?  Can some one tell me the easiest bank to get an account at without having to give blood, and what's the requirements needed to open an account at most banks in the country?  I'm concerned about having all those important docs in one place while traveling (ss card, birth certificate, passport and drivers license).  I mean we already come to the island with passport and drivers license, but why do they need the other stuff and will they except copies?  How did you get your (bank reservas account), what did you show and how long did it take to setup?  Lastly, did you need all of the items folks are telling me?  I think we all would benefit from someone sharing a step-by-step.  Thanks.

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

• Master of the Dark Arts
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2021, 09:53:51 PM »
I was thinking about opening an account as well--one peso and one dollar.  But I keep getting different information on the prerequisites.  It seems they want a whole bunch of stuff for foreigners:  Letter from my bank that says I'm in good standing, local references, bank statements,  job letter, ss card, birth certificate, passport, drivers license.  what the f--k, am I opening a bank account or is this a job interview?  Can some one tell me the easiest bank to get an account at without having to give blood, and what's the requirements needed to open an account at most banks in the country?  I'm concerned about having all those important docs in one place while traveling (ss card, birth certificate, passport and drivers license).  I mean we already come to the island with passport and drivers license, but why do they need the other stuff and will they except copies?  How did you get your (bank reservas account), what did you show and how long did it take to setup?  Lastly, did you need all of the items folks are telling me?  I think we all would benefit from someone sharing a step-by-step.  Thanks.
Call the bank or better yet, visit the bank and they will let you know what the requirements are to open an account.  This is a whore board. Dont look for real info in here.
Hat Trick Sith - Raw is Law!

Dothedamthing

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2021, 11:04:01 PM »
Call the bank or better yet, visit the bank and they will let you know what the requirements are to open an account.  This is a whore board. Dont look for real info in here.

Dude the steps are different at each bank so contact the bank you want to use after some research. If you are a frequent travler to the RD then go visit them and they will tell you what you need. Then bring everything on your next trip. But for the most part at minimum you will want to have most of the following available. Passport  because you are a foreigner, social security card because Uncle Sam wants to make sure you aren't hiding money, possibly birth certificate, a letter of good standing from your current bank because you have no financial history in their country, and ID showing home/mailing address. The passport was the only item I had to hand over in person. Everything else was digital and able to print in the office from my phone. With the exception of the bank letter I always have my personal information available in an encrypted file on my phone and in my cloud server in case I need them. But like it has been stated check with the bank you want to use. There are a lot in the area.
If you can't change the outcome of a situation then don't worry about it.

jazzieshane

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2021, 05:35:03 AM »
Cool, just trying to cut down on the research and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or dealings with a "specific bank" that they could share.  So I could bring down everything I needed, prior to my next trip, but appreciate the replies.  Thanks.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal