global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Playa Grande Golf Course  (Read 8270 times)

SosuaSam

• Administrator
Playa Grande Golf Course
« on: July 21, 2011, 12:36:57 AM »
About one hour east of Sosua and just past Rio San Juan is one of the most beautiful golf courses you could ever see. Playa Grande golf course has 10 of its 18 holes right on the ocean from tee to the cup. Nowhere else in the world is this true. Next door is Playa Grande (Big Beach) itself which is a must go to for this trip. Leave early and head to the beach first so you can play golf in the afternoon when the rate is cheaper. They will bring the chairs, tables, etc. to you. The fish is right out of the ocean and always delicious. FORE!

Barrio Lover

Re: Playa Grande Golf Course
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 12:19:46 AM »
Right on point! Great Course and Beach and Food. lol

Kay

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 03:38:54 PM »
Played there once, beautiful course.

danceelite0

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 05:52:48 PM »
This is a very old post playa grande a great course played it many times, teeth of the dog in la romana is equal or maybe a little better.  Since new ownership the course is way over priced at 500 bucks for a two some.  Course was redone and it was already upscale price includes dinner but too rich for my dime.

Math

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 09:29:29 PM »
Yes, it is pricey now but that because they were approved for an official PGA event. They have to milk that now.

FuenteFuente

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 04:35:53 PM »
Has anybody played Playa Grande lately? How much is a round? Is it worth hiring a taxi for the 75 minute drive from Sosua? Any place to stay overnight down there? Chica availability?

Thanks!

https://www.instagram.com/playagrandeclub/
I am a voracious reader, news junkie and learner of the Dominican Republic culture and lifestyle. My recommendations, posts and reviews are my own. No one in the D.R. has ever paid or comped me to do shit.

danceelite0

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 09:09:22 AM »
I’ve played it maybe 5 times over the years.  Even at 100 bucks or so a round it wasn’t worth that long ride.  You kill a whole day and it’s usually dark when you get back to sosua.  There is no place to stay that’s reputable, however you go thru Nagua to get there, and Sosua has a fare share of chics from Nagua.  I am sure there is a little cheap hotel in Nagua and at least a pool hall where you can do the Dominican thing and pick up a chica.  I am not positive because I’ve never done it.  Nagua has the reputation that just driving thru town you can pull because you have a car.  My thing is this if you haven’t played Playa Grande it is worth one trip, great course, beautiful lay out.  The experience in its self for a golfer is worth one trip.

FuenteFuente

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 09:46:25 AM »
Thanks Dance! I must admit though, that it sounds like a lot of work if I'm riding solo. I may save the golf for Punta Cana...
I am a voracious reader, news junkie and learner of the Dominican Republic culture and lifestyle. My recommendations, posts and reviews are my own. No one in the D.R. has ever paid or comped me to do shit.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal