global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Cangrejo bridge  (Read 1835 times)

DJ Oldboy

Cangrejo bridge
« on: August 12, 2023, 05:40:57 PM »
January will be 1st time back in Sosua since '18. Had a nice run of 8 vacations there and 2  in Costambar pre covid. 1st post here but I'm an IFTC veteran.Glad to find another site for Info and contacts. Will be back on here,frequency unknown but for now...Un pregunta,compas. What is the Cangrejo detour like. Is it just another pain in the ass or a total shitshow. Just wanted a preview . Good old Flt 935 puts you goin thru Cangrejo and Charimicos at 4 15 ;How much additional time with detour? Muchas gracias

jd66

Re: Cangrejo bridge
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2023, 06:04:38 PM »
Depends on the time of day you are going through there
Most are reporting it adds about 15 minutes to your trip
But they also report times where it can be significantly longer especially if there is an accident along the route.

Might want to limit the number of trips through that area and it shouldn't be much of an issue most days or travel during times when traffic will be less

Don't expect the bridge to be completed anytime soon.

DJ Oldboy

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2023, 06:25:56 PM »
Gracias,compa. Saw recent statement by President that bridge would be done by December but that's a bet I'll pass on

ToToMarauder

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2023, 08:32:06 AM »
i hope they get this bridge fixed already , damn. is a pain in the ass coming from sti
binary thinking at its best

jd66

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2023, 12:31:49 PM »
Absolutely no way that bridge finished by the end of the year

Heat

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2023, 11:27:21 AM »

Travelguy90

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2023, 05:18:29 PM »
I’m proud of them. They stretched a 3-6 month job into 18-24 months, but it’s coming to an end. Maybe by 2025 it’ll be functiona montellano and other little towns hopefully enjoyed the temporary uptick in traffic.
Cheaper ways to do things, doesn’t indicate quality, or lack of

stinqu

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2023, 06:38:06 PM »
The only problem I found with the bridge out, 1,400 pesos is the min. price from POP.

DJ Oldboy

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2023, 09:24:48 PM »
Looks good but having that much of the span done means they'll take at least 6 months at the end of project to milk the handrails and painting. DR time always wins out,especially when it's hourly

crazy_canuck

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2023, 10:18:12 AM »
There is one big problem I see.
Some official channels says that it will be ready by the end of december ... but in the current state of construction, they will need a week or 2 before pouring the concrete. Now concrete for that kind of job needs at least 30 days to set before you can start putting stress on it.
Now the problem I have is: If they want to open that bridge before the end of the year, the concrete will only have a week maybe less to set. I really hope they will let the concrete cure completely before allowing traffic on it but this work being done in the DR, I strongly doubt they will follow good construction practices ...  ::)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 11:56:24 AM by crazy_canuck »
Why bother with life?
Nobody has ever come out alive.

Just_A_Guy

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2023, 10:50:43 AM »
January will be 1st time back in Sosua since '18. Had a nice run of 8 vacations there and 2  in Costambar pre covid. 1st post here but I'm an IFTC veteran.Glad to find another site for Info and contacts. Will be back on here,frequency unknown but for now...Un pregunta,compas. What is the Cangrejo detour like. Is it just another pain in the ass or a total shitshow. Just wanted a preview . Good old Flt 935 puts you goin thru Cangrejo and Charimicos at 4 15 ;How much additional time with detour? Muchas gracias

Adds about 15(ish) mins to the trip.

Are you gonna be driving?....or riding with someone else / taxi?

If you're driving, just follow the Google map detours. Bridge being out adds a few extra turns to the trip, but nothing serious.

Viva La Vega

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2023, 12:47:45 PM »
Bridge opened a few days ago with some pomp and circumstance.

Jazzy2019

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2023, 01:26:44 PM »

Guys are going to have to adjust their schedules. If she’s coming from or through POP she’ll be arriving at least 1/2 hour earlier.

Just_A_Guy

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2023, 01:32:28 PM »

Guys are going to have to adjust their schedules. If she’s coming from or through POP she’ll be arriving at least 1/2 hour earlier.

Nah, they won't.

Broads there never arrive on time anyway. "DR" and "early" are an oxymoron.  A 30 min flex in time over there will go unnoticed. Lol
« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 01:38:29 PM by Just_A_Guy »

Jazzy2019

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2023, 01:35:22 PM »

Nah, they won't.

Broads there never arrive on time anyway. "DR" and "early" are an oxymoron.  A 30 min flex in time over there will go unnoticed. Lol

Actually many do arrive on time. If nothing else they won’t be able to use the detour as a reason for being late.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal