global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Educated Passport Bros & Sistas Trip To Medellin Colombia  (Read 602 times)

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
Educated Passport Bros & Sistas Trip To Medellin Colombia
« on: January 06, 2024, 11:20:29 AM »
Celebrating Juneteenth
Sosua = (S)imps (O)r (S)uckers (U)sually (A)merican

uth

Re: Educated Passport Bros & Sistas Trip To Medellin Colombia
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2024, 12:16:48 PM »
It would make more sense to celebrate juneteeth by going to a country in West Africa.

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2024, 12:26:10 PM »
It would make more sense to celebrate juneteeth by going to a country in West Africa.

Agree.  Or, if you were going to do Colombia a place like Choco

Travelguy90

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2024, 12:34:15 PM »
Don’t underestimate the amount of Afro Colombians in Medellin. They actually have Afro Colombian English speaking groups that are held regularly as in 2-3 times a week there. Choco isn’t as accessible and takes more planning and logistics as it’s not a cheap direct flight. It’s only for 4 days and you can’t spend hours traveling.

Africa would definitely be easier but flights are at minimum 650 and up to 1500+ depending on where you flying from and where too, as Egypt and morroco has cheaper flights than Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, etc… DR has too much attention, pricey, scamming and drama with folks recording 24/7. CTG got slowed down. Mexico gonna be expensive and filled around summer, so I can see why they pivoted to Medellin last minute
Cheaper ways to do things, doesn’t indicate quality, or lack of

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2024, 12:39:34 PM »
Don’t underestimate the amount of Afro Colombians in Medellin. They actually have Afro Colombian English speaking groups that are held regularly as in 2-3 times a week there. Choco isn’t as accessible and takes more planning and logistics as it’s not a cheap direct flight. It’s only for 4 days and you can’t spend hours traveling.

Choco makes more sense to me because there is a much higher % of darker skin people and it's an area that needs financial stimulation.  One could argue that it's often neglected by the gov and businesses.

Coochie93

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2024, 03:00:22 PM »

Africa would definitely be easier but flights are at minimum 650 and up to 1500+ depending on where you flying from and where too, as Egypt and morroco has cheaper flights than Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, etc… DR has too much attention, pricey, scamming and drama with folks recording 24/7. CTG got slowed down. Mexico gonna be expensive and filled around summer, so I can see why they pivoted to Medellin last minute

thought bogota had more afro latinos or is that Cartagena?

Travelguy90

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2024, 06:39:15 PM »

thought bogota had more afro latinos or is that Cartagena?
Cartagena has more Afro Colombians. Medellin has a population of 2.5 million and bogota has a population of 7.7 million, it’s dark women there just because of the sheer amount of people. And there’s neighborhoods and areas where you can find some. Medellin has more than bogota.without putting in effort or energy to look. Cali was pretty great for that.

Choco makes more sense to me because there is a much higher % of darker skin people and it's an area that needs financial stimulation.  One could argue that it's often neglected by the gov and businesses.
From Miami/FLL to Choco/Quibdo the quickest flight was 9-10hrs, and could take 14-19hrs. It’s a 4hr drive from Medellin. There’s no direct flights there so you passing through bogota or Medellin. This 4day event only has 96hrs or less. You don’t want to waste 18+ hrs flyinging before you account for checking into the country and getting into your hotel.

Choco would be nicer, planning requires more effort and efficiency. I could make the logistics work as an individual, groups might get f--ked if some have a 9hf flight while others have 15-19hr flights, logistics would be a headache if people are not in place.
Cheaper ways to do things, doesn’t indicate quality, or lack of

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2024, 08:04:28 PM »
From Miami/FLL to Choco/Quibdo the quickest flight was 9-10hrs, and could take 14-19hrs. It’s a 4hr drive from Medellin. There’s no direct flights there so you passing through bogota or Medellin. This 4day event only has 96hrs or less. You don’t want to waste 18+ hrs flyinging before you account for checking into the country and getting into your hotel.

Choco would be nicer, planning requires more effort and efficiency. I could make the logistics work as an individual, groups might get f--ked if some have a 9hf flight while others have 15-19hr flights, logistics would be a headache if people are not in place.

You might be right.  I never looked at traveling from the states.  Choco is about 85% afro-colombians, which is significant.  If not Choco, perhaps something in Valle del Cauca would an option like Cali or Buenaventura.

Never really thought of Medellin though I've been to places like Parque San Antonio where a lot hang out as well as gimmicky events like NegroFest.  I've felt more of an afro-colombian presence in Cartagena than Medellin.  But obvious there are some all over the country.

lazy_monger

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2024, 08:12:02 PM »
Come on, Choco is a big ask for all but the most adventurous traveler.  Cali would be a better option.

JayMillz

• Devoted Contributer
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2024, 11:54:25 AM »
Come on, Choco is a big ask for all but the most adventurous traveler.  Cali would be a better option.

Choco does have a big festival and I know a brotha that rode his Moto from Medellin to Choco and attended the festival.  I can't say much else because I've never actually been there.  Like anything else, people will wait for others to blaze the trail before they deem it safe and/or desirable  https://youtu.be/89dtzJXQLng?si=dRdS94fAZSUzaIH6

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal