global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Punta Cana to Sousa  (Read 1809 times)

Yan

Punta Cana to Sousa
« on: October 19, 2020, 01:26:11 PM »
Now routing via Miami to POP/STI has been closed off to Europeans, looks like the only flights out of Europe direct to DR terminate in Punta Cana. Anybody done the trip to/from Sousa and would share some advice. I've visited DR many times over the years but never been to Punta Cana or tried this transfer which seems to be 5/6hrs by road. Thanks

lazy_monger

Re: Punta Cana to Sousa
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 01:36:09 PM »
Now routing via Miami to POP/STI has been closed off to Europeans, looks like the only flights out of Europe direct to DR terminate in Punta Cana. Anybody done the trip to/from Sousa and would share some advice. I've visited DR many times over the years but never been to Punta Cana or tried this transfer which seems to be 5/6hrs by road. Thanks

My last trip I did the drive from Sosua to Punta it took about 5 and half hours not counting the stops in Nagua and Andres.  It should take you 5 and half hours.

Captainsaveahoe

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 01:44:19 PM »
I did it, but in 2 parts.  I took the metro bus from sosua to Santo Domingo.  I believe it was about 4 or 5 hours and very comfortable.  Need a sweater and jeans because the a/c is on high.  it think it was no more than $10.  Good overall experience.  A girl i was seeing drove from SD to Punta Cana, but there are buses that go too.  I was fine with the bus experience. 

Pussyrus1422

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 06:56:48 PM »

Depending on your direct arrival times, a very good option is to use Expreso Bavaro VERON from Punta Cana to Santo Domingo. The bus trip is approx 2.5 hrs as the crow flies, and the Bavaro station #2 is 20 minutes max from the PC airport, so take a taxi.  You should be able to use translate and see what time schedules are available from station #2 on their website and others in Santo Domingo.

From Santo Domingo you will be 10 minutes away from the Metro station area (Metro S.T. ), and below you will find their SDG to Sosua time schedules. Metro does not go to Sosua on Sat and Sunday!  If you are late for the Sosua bus, than take a cab over to Caribe Tours station (15 minutes or less) as they have later Sosua bus schedules (7pm departure) that arrive at Los Charamicos.

In total you will need about 1,200 pesos for 7 - 8 hrs of transportation one way , PC to Sosua

If your arrival is very late into Punta Cana after 2:30 pm, one option for over night is the only real Chica Friendly budget hotel which  is walking distance from some night life and restaurants. Hotel Flamboyan at about $45 night.

Hotel.....
https://www.hotels.com/ho460537/bavaro-punta-cana-hotel-flamboyan-punta-cana-dominican-republic/

Buses....

http://www.expresobavaro.com/

http://www.metroserviciosturisticos.com/horarios

http://caribetours.com.do

http://www.caribetours.com.do/index.php/viajes/get_travel

As others have mentioned, if you decide to take Metro or Caribe Tours, the air condition gets very cold in the middle to back. Also you will find both buses offer free WIFI.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 07:11:58 PM by Pussyrus1422 »

Yan

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 11:14:48 AM »
Fantastic feed back. Very many thanks for all the options and the DETAIL. Great.

OD45

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 11:29:08 AM »

Good! They need to shut it down so they can’t enter the entire country, smdh they are in a second phase. No need for them to even be traveling like that and Canada too. Stay away, stay home. Stop traveling putting dominicans at risk.

Pinoydave

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 03:04:14 PM »
Anyone know a cheap or at least reasonable cab firm, don’t really fancy changing buses after a long flight

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

• Master of the Dark Arts
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 03:18:59 PM »
You have the option of renting a car @ $50 bucks a day. Drive slow and you'll be fine.
Hat Trick Sith - Raw is Law!

2Up

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2021, 04:02:09 AM »
Anyone know how much a taxi costs from PUJ to Expresso Bavaro station #2?

MrNavigator

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2021, 09:10:18 AM »

The last time I did it I believe it was like $40usd

2Up

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2021, 03:33:51 PM »

The last time I did it I believe it was like $40usd

thanks for the info.  much appreciated.

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal