global $user_info; { echo '
Sosua girls
'; }

Author Topic: Healthier Dishes  (Read 5880 times)

Heba12

Healthier Dishes
« on: June 08, 2016, 11:04:14 AM »
Can you please recommend somewhere that serves healthier foods? Im after things like rice, sweet potato, vegetables and nice meats - chicken/beef (nice cuts, no garbage) fish dishes as these are my favorite.

Does DR import a lot of its food or is it most of it from DR?

Pasc54

Re: Healthier Dishes
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 10:55:13 AM »
Can you please recommend somewhere that serves healthier foods? Im after things like rice, sweet potato, vegetables and nice meats - chicken/beef (nice cuts, no garbage) fish dishes as these are my favorite.

I'm in aswell bro

PMIdump

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 11:02:35 AM »
For fresh fish head to the beach and ask to see the fresh seafood before its even cooked for you. For all the rest there are plenty of restaurants in Sosua which serve any type of food you can think of.  I try to eat mostly where local Dominicans eat and find plenty of rice and vegetable meals that are healthy.

Pasc54

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 11:52:57 AM »
For fresh fish head to the beach and ask to see the fresh seafood before its even cooked for you. For all the rest there are plenty of restaurants in Sosua which serve any type of food you can think of.  I try to eat mostly where local Dominicans eat and find plenty of rice and vegetable meals that are healthy.

Know it's a pain bro but can you give me some names you recommend?

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 06:11:15 PM »

Know it's a pain bro but can you give me some names you recommend?
Plenty of choices,, if your real picky hit the super market for healthy food and have the chicas cook for you,, same thing when it comes to pussy !

sosuasosua

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 09:36:07 PM »
tray a clam

stinqu

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 08:00:15 PM »
YOU GUYS ARE DICKS , a man asks about meat and potatos and you talk pussie . A tipical  local home cooked breakfast is mashed over ripe plantane ( looks like a brown banana ) with dice onion ,red pepper and eggs in an omlette with fruit on the side .

DrinksOnMe

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 08:23:12 PM »
1. Find a chica

2. Take her to the Supermercado

3. Tell her what you want to have cooked

4. Buy what she puts in the basket

5. Go back to your apartment/ villa and let her get ta' cookin'

6. Watch some sports on TV while sippin' on Presidentes while she cooks

7. Eat what she has prepared for you

8. Let the food digest a little

9. f--k your chica for dessert

Wash, rinse, repeat

STARLORD

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 08:32:02 PM »
hes got it !!!

tugboaboat5393

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 08:57:58 PM »
Don't forget the the whipped cream and suryp to go with your dessert !

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

• Master of the Dark Arts
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2021, 11:42:55 AM »
Definitely a reason to splurge on an Airbnb!
Hat Trick Sith - Raw is Law!

IP-JD

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2021, 12:36:46 PM »

Chicken rice/beans and ice/beans and pork can be found damn near anywhere local food is served. I largely follow a keto diet and have had no problem being able to get most kitchens to make a grilled piece of protein w/ veggies/salad. One such place is the restaurant at New Garden. I get grilled chicken and salad. Another is Ahnvee. There I order a blackend salmon with double broccoli. Or Daves BBQ on the beach. I've never had a good steak in Sosua so maybe the other guys have better information on that. Fresh snapper is a plenty all of the country; typically served deep fried.

Import/local food?  pork is largely local but easy answer is both. Anecdotally, small restaurants deal with local brokers who have deals with local farmers. Larger restaurants deal with larger brokers/restaurant supply companies that have access to the international export market.

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2021, 09:54:10 AM »
It's out of town,  but if you are in Pop...American BBQ and Grill has some excellent healthy choices and they will let you order off menu!!!
https://www.instagram.com/americanbbqpop/
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 09:53:04 AM by PapiViejo55-2 »

NYstateofmind

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2021, 10:05:23 AM »
Restaurants there are no different from anywhere else. Always healthier choices available, if you dont see it on the menu, tell them what you want

PapiViejo-Dark Lord

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2021, 09:57:50 AM »
Anyone got a recent review for Margot? Specifically the seafood plates....and whether it's better inside or outside. I'm curious how it is because everytime I drive by it seems kinda dark in there.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbmpbS7huWw/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

MORE REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE

Click below to subscribe!

Sosua bars
'; }
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal