Sosua > Transportation: Getting around Sosua

Punta Cana to Sosua

(1/5) > >>

HipHop:
 In reality, you will need to do a lot of hopping in and out of various vehicles, but if you are on a budget and don’t mind adding an extra day to your travel schedule, this option will work fine for most people.

From punta cana airport

Hail a taxi (minivan) at the airport and have them take you to Bavaro Express Terminal, which is located at the crossing known as Friusa, right aside the Tourist Police Palais, in the center of Bavaro. Make sure you choose a taxi driver that has a card verifying he is a registered driver. About US$30.

Take the Bavaro Express Bus to Santo Domingo (the last stop of Parque Enriquillo is where you want to get off, These buses are air-conditioned and comfortable, but no toilets on board. Get there at least 45 minutes early to buy ticket, since no advance reservations are allowed. Buses fill up quickly, especially on the weekends. About 3 hours (90 minute rest stop in La Romana) and RD$400.

Hail another taxi from the bus stop in Parque Enriquillo and ride to either Caribe Tours or Metro bus station. About 5 minutes and RD$200-300.

Caribe Tours bus to Sosua departs on the hour every hour.
www.caribetours.com.do Journey time 4-5 hours.

Metro Bus to Sosua departs 7 am, 11 am and 4 pm
www.metroserviciosturisticos.com Journey time: 3.5 to 4 hours.

Both have toilets on board, and several rest stops along the way.

About 4 hours and RD$400.

So if you'd like to go from Sosua to Punta Cana just do this trip in reverse

JayMillz:
I took a plane once from Punta Cana to POP but that was about 12 years ago.

danceelite0:
I have actually road the bus from friusa to Sosua myself.  It's doable, a day long sucker but it's doable and comfortable.  The Bavaro express bus has wifi.  It's also a good way to see the country and appreciate how big it is.  The bus lines are split down the middle Bavaro express has the south side contract and Caribe Tours has the contact on the north side. 

I don't remember a 90 minute stop in la romana, I think HipHop had a type0 there.  Although there are two buses one goes through Higuey I don't remember la romana at all.  We stopped in Higuey for a shot bathroom break and rolled on.  I did nap so I may have missed La Romana but definitely no 90minute stop. 

unodos:
You can catch that Navarro express, outside the airport to Santo D, then a cab across town to metro tours or caribe tours.  Then onto Sosua

bachatero:
Great info on how to get around, but now sure why anyone would want to do this.  I know that PUJ is a lot cheaper than POP, but it still isn't worth the 8 hours of time you waste on a bus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version